NICK HOGAN Injured In Car Accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth View Post
    To put it much simpler. JR's commercial for car wax. Nobody outside of a small group of people knows who that is. But 90% of those people know who Nick Hogan is because of his father. Thats what brings attention to the sport. It would be a bad decision on Formula D to throw that away I think.
    i agree. the only thing i dont like about that car wax commercial is that it never shows any drifting!!!

Comment

I hope everyone makes it out with a solid mind, body and soul.

It also looks like Little Hogan has/had a chronic speeding problem.

Get the boy a Prius for his and other's own good.

Comment

I know to some Nick is a antagonist, and you wish him bad because you dislike the circumstances of his professional career. Get over it. Let's wait until everyone is out of the hopsital and the justice system does what they do before you all pounce on the kid. Criticizing someone while they are in the hospital and unable to defend themselves is just tacky.

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
        My concern is that nopi and FD treats this like any other athletic association would.

Kimi Räikkönen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth View Post
          They won't more than likely. Right now Drifting is so new in the US and scrabbling to find it's niche. Sure it's been going on now for years, but most people have no clue what it is. Ask your random guy on the street what Drifting is, he won't have a clue until you say "Car sliding", then one of 3 things will be said.

1. Yea, I seen that on Speed.
          2. Nope, still no clue.
          3. Hulks kid does that right?

Up until this episode, Nick Hogan brought exposure to the sport that helped it out greatly. Sure he's not the best driver out there by a long shot but he is probably most recognized out of all of them by the masses of people out there. Surely not by Drifters themselves or anyone that knows the sport. But remember, probably 90% of Americans don't know the sport and have zero clue who a single Drifter is past Nick Hogan. As the sport grows, this will change. But right now, it's the truth.

To put it much simpler. JR's commercial for car wax. Nobody outside of a small group of people knows who that is. But 90% of those people know who Nick Hogan is because of his father. Thats what brings attention to the sport. It would be a bad decision on Formula D to throw that away I think.
          You are exaggerating man, I just had to say that.

I've been going to drift events for almost 8 years now and never once did I hear a fan say "oh I showed up because of hogan". Yea there's a few people who know that drifting exists because of nick and his TV show. But that doesnt create any real revenue for formula d or drifting in general

Nick hogan isn't even in a position to be the poster boy of formula D. Dude hasn't even scored a point in the series so far. Formula D would be retarded too put there professional credibility on the line for a practically non existent driver in the series.

Formula D can easily create there own poster boys, there own heroes, there own jordans, there own payton mannings, there own gretsky (just analogys). And Quite honestly if FD was smart Nick Hogan wouldn't be one of them. Maybe Tanner, maybe Fors.... but nick hogan.... hell to the no. Sh*t, I would watch a DA reality show over Hogan Knows best any day of the week.

Nick Hogan has exposed drifting through hogan knows best but he isn't a asset to the sport in my eyes, not yet anyway. And he has defiantly not put drifting on any sort of map.... mabey he has in a bad way after this whole fiasco.

And again,

Homeboy drives recklessly, wrecks his car, injures him self and others and you think he shouldn't be punished what so ever? Ghost... who's in your pocket? I really hope someone is....
          Last edited by Bebop; 08-30-2007, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BenR View Post

Kimi Räikkönen.

F1 dude???

Did he do something similar to this and not get punished?

whats the story on him?

Comment

Originally posted by Double M Star View Post

I agree, FD and NOPI should have a ruling on the status of his license. More people know Kid Hogan now ... as that dumb little rich kid who wrecked his car racing on the street, than anything else.

I'm just sayin.

Quoted for truth....

Comment

You are exaggerating man, I just had to say that.

I've been going to drift events for almost 8 years now and never once did I hear a fan say "oh I showed up because of hogan". Yea there's a few people who know that drifting exists because of nick and his TV show. But that doesnt create any real revenue for formula d or drifting in general
                Wow, you quoted my post but didn't seem to understand a bit of it. Most people outside of this site and the import community have NO CLUE what Drifting is. You missed that. But they do know who Hulk Hogan and his son are due to a TV show and a small Wrestling career. I can bet you any amount of money that waaaaaay more people know what wrestling is, who Hulk is and that TV show than they know what Drifting is.

Nick hogan isn't even in a position to be the poster boy of formula D. Dude hasn't even scored a point in the series so far. Formula D would be retarded too put there professional credibility on the line for a practically non existent driver in the series.
                To you, he isn't in a position because you know he hasn't scored a spoint. But to the guy at the parts store, who is a Mopar fan, he has no clue he hasn't scored a point. He see's Hulks son drives a Viper. That's enough for him to check out Drifting. Once again, you mistakenly think that everyone in the world are fans of Drifting. They aren't.

Formula D can easily create there own poster boys, there own heroes, there own jordans, there own payton mannings, there own gretsky (just analogys). And Quite honestly if FD was smart Nick Hogan wouldn't be one of them. Maybe Tanner, maybe Fors.... but nick hogan.... hell to the no. Sh*t, I would watch a DA reality show over Hogan Knows best any day of the week.
                Damm straight. Nick Hogan shouldn't be the poster boy for Drifting. I would much prefer JR, Forsberg, Tanner or any of those guys to be in the limelight with their own TV shows and weekly variety specials. But nobody other than fans know who JR, Forseberg or Tanner are. So FD went with Hogan. Why? Exposure. Plain and simple. Once again you are letting your emotions cloud your reasoning. Given time, Drifting will have it's heroes in the mainstream. But not right now. Needs to grow more.

Nick Hogan has exposed drifting through hogan knows best but he isn't a asset to the sport in my eyes, not yet anyway. And he has defiantly not put drifting on any sort of map.... mabey he has in a bad way after this whole fiasco.
                Think man. Nick Hogan has a constant TV crew following him where ever he goes. That TV crew does one thing, films EVERYTHING. It films him, the track, you if you get in the way, sponsers logos, FD events, cars, girls....the list goes on and on. That is called exposure. EVERY company wants as much of that as they can get. So Nicks TV crew packs a whole lot of weight. Stores want them there, tracks want them there, sponsors want them there. You think small time. Will he negatively impact the sport after this whole fiasco? Maybe, that remains to be seen.

Homeboy drives recklessly, wrecks his car, injures him self and others and you think he shouldn't be punished what so ever? Ghost... who's in your pocket? I really hope someone is....
                Wherer did I ever say I didn't think he should be punished? You take my lack of agreeing with you as saying he should get off scott free. I never said either way that he should or shouldn't. I simply said he probably won't and gave you reasons why. You mistook that as me saying I don't think he should pay the price for stupidity. I am reserving my judgement until it all comes out. I just think people needed to lay off the derogatory statements and act like grown ups.

So next time you pass judgement, at least read everything I say and not just pick out points that you think will bolster your arguement.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                  You have to think about the negative press though, because when this is all said and done (hopefully with everyone healthy)...when Nick goes back to drifting (if he wants to come back) its going to get a ton of attention in the Media.

Kind of like if Michael Vick ever comes back to the NFL. Of course it wont be on as large of a scale exposure wise but there will be a light shone on it for sure.

I think NOPI should take some sort of diciplinary action like suspension from the first round next season or maybe just "probation." It doesn't have to be anything serious just something "official." So when the media tracks in on this it will make NOPI look a little bit more serious.

However this should only be done if its OFFICIALLY AND LEGALLY PROVEN that he was driving wrecklessly. Before you flame me Im aware that the pictures make that seem obvious...but it would be wrong for NOPI or Formula D to take diciplinary action just based on how it looked.

Again I use the Vick example. The team didn't suspend him until he officially plead guilty. They couldn't do it a minute sooner for legal reasons.

Anyway thats my two cents. Im still just hoping that the other guy makes it out ok.

You make sense. If it's proven then yes, something should be done (Happy Blaze?) But until then, no action should be taken.

The Vick quote actually fits extremely well in thei case. Lets look shall we.

Vick gets accused. The media tears into him, retailers pull his merchandise, his endorsements get strained and all of this before he was even indicted.

Nick wrecks. The forum trolls tear into him calling for his license to be pulled, him to die, he deserves whatever he got and blah blah. All this before anyone knows anything other than hearsay. AND all of this coming from a group of people who are known for pushing the edge of the envelope. Nobody speaking in this thread can tell me they haven't done the exact same thing. Nobody can say they haven't street drifted, street raced or acted the fool in their lifetimes, not even myself. Yet they are the first people to jump on the "kid acting stupid" train. That is hypocrisy at it's finest right there.

So even though this is a much smaller scale than Vick, it fits perfectly.

Comment

I think in this case the vick and hogan thing is exactly the same... but on a much smaller scale.

Journalist and animal rights activist slam him....before he admitted guilt.

Fellow players/friends (some not all) and just regular ol bootylicking fan boys continue stand by his side

PETA knew that he was going to get arrested a long long time ago, people have known about his "kennel" for a long time there and knew it was only a matter of time before the cops actually get what they needed together to bust him.

So with that said in this case

"trolls"= journalist and animal right activists

Fellow drivers friends and bootylickers are obvious fellow players friends and er.... bootylicker(not calling anyone spacific a driver friend bootylicker or troll)

and to ghost, I didn't really read really in depth into your post but serious, statements like these stand out:

"Up until this episode, Nick Hogan brought exposure to the sport that helped it out greatly. "

"It would be a bad decision on Formula D to throw that away I think."

Kinda like how you switched it up there, you didn't say anything about him being punished in that post... and that's for sure.

I think tokyo drift did more for the sport of drifting, and I was kinda a pessimist when it came to that film.

Oh back to the nfl comparison... the NFL would have suspended him without a guilty plea if the season was in full swing or about to start. This crap went down right before training camp, long before preseason.

There were some college players suspended indefinitely from some college team, and they haven't even entered a plea yet. So with that being said and the drift season in full swing, I suggest formula D/nopi takes some sort of action now.... but its not like he can really drift with a broken arm lol.

Comment

• who cares if they let him compete or not for an event, its an empty gesture since its pure luck if he qualifies

Comment

• Originally posted by hatebbobbarker View Post
                        who cares if they let him compete or not for an event, its an empty gesture since its pure luck if he qualifies
                        Ok thats probably among the top 3 dumbest posts in this thread.

There's no way Lisa Loeb will go out with you now...you blew it
                        Last edited by MonkeySlide; 08-30-2007, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• Careful, the ghost will scare those who don't snuggle softly.

I will say again, Nick pressed his luck, and those around him, too many times. There's media proof. His reputation concludes with this wreck of stupidity. (so far reports confirm he was racing. He brags about racing his friends and family on the street, he drives a 800hp import that's probably not street legal, he's bragged about getting out of huge fine tickets because he was Hulk's son) Now his arrogance has broken his arm and hurt his friends and family.

I'm relieved he was not in the viper. A soft top would have made it all that much worse.

You can preach how we all do this sort of stupid crap, and none of us can deny it. But, many of us have been lucky. That's all.
                          Does that mean we are no allowed to voice our own opinions?
                          It helps us realize WE are stupid too. We would deserve any collateral damages caused by our stupidity.

Example, Run a stoplight, hit a car, break your nose on an airbag = DESERVED. Not wearing a seatbelt, you get rear eneded, break your nose on the wheel and you've earned a concussion along with that = DESERVED.

Don't be stupid.

NOW the possible UPSIDE of tragedy is using the experience to prevent others from doing the same.

If Lil Hogan can use this experience to prevent others from doing the same, GREAT. AND HE SHOULD.

THAT will get him and FD/NOPI some good press.

Comment

• quoted by nick hogan in rides magazine...

“In my silver Viper, I was driving from Miami to Tampa. I got pulled over going 107 [mph] and the guy let me off. He’s like, “Hey, I know who you are, just keep going, ya know.” Dude, I got back on the road and two minutes later I get pulled over going 113 [mph]. Another highway patrol from the same county said, “I just heard on the radio that my buddy pulled you over and let you go. I’ma let you go this time. It’s your second warning. You get pulled over again, you’re probably going to go to jail.” Three minutes later, [I was] doing 123 [mph] in a 50 [mph zone]. The guy is like, “Hey, I just heard you got pulled over twice in the last 10 minutes. I got to write you a ticket.”"

i think we can all say that nick wont be acting retarted on the streets after this eye opener.

on a lighter note, my local radio station said nicks car looked like bumblebee after getting caught by sector 7!

but man. say it was his dad racing him in the silver viper... wow that would be the worst ever. can you imagine the depression of a dad assisting in his sons pile up.... wow!

prayers to nicks family and his best bud. hope to see you back out there nick.

Comment

• Well, this has become a petty arguement now. Nobody is going to change anyone elses mind. Anyone who had something creative to say left the thread about 2 pages ago and other than argueing with people who refuse to look past the "Spoiled little rich boy", I should have left too. So now it's degenerated into 5th grade name calling, "Bootylicker?" Wow. Creative.

So closing this one down. No need for it to continue. You wanna blab on about it, take it somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X