No announcement yet.

Best Touge Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

touge is mountain drifting but i not 100% sure... someone correct me if im wrong...
    Don't mind if I do

Touge means: dangerous mountain pass. Consider yourself enlightened, my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon X
      Don't mind if I do

Touge means: dangerous mountain pass. Consider yourself enlightened, my friend.
      Ahh which is why, especially in W Australia, we haven't heard of the term( cos we ain't got no mountain passes here... )

Thankyou oh wise master....

Comment

well u also dont have the term bcuz it is japanese

Comment

my car. Thats what i built it for. But i would also build a s14 with everything and not touch the engine. Keep it us spec street legal ka motor. And see how i hold with everyone using a stock motor.

if im not mistaken, on most front engine cars wouldnt u want stiffer front springs then rear??? i see some people posting opposite. for example, 8kg fr and 6 kg rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
            Probably the worst thing for touge.
            well thats probibly(sp) true but its just nice to say i have 1000 bhp even tho my car has like 50 also it would depend on whare your racing i think (most of my racing technique is form gran turismo3 so have some pitty on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BL1TZ_W1NG
              (most of my racing technique is form gran turismo3 so have some pitty on me)
              har har

Comment

yeah thanks for enlightening me...

anywayz... yeah only real racing experience i have is from gran tourismo 2 but thats where i started drifting before i even knew what drifting was. i took those turns pretty pro even in 4wd cars and i had never heard of initial d and i just thought a 240 was some nissan that women drove but now im more educated so to say and have started drifting IRL with a FF which isnt too hard and is pretty fun in small spaces.

Comment

I'd stick to the car that I have right now. MK2

I lighten it as much as possible without stripping the interior to full metal.

Camry V6 engine swap.

220hp
                  (30 lbs lighter than the 3stge.
                  it also leaves a lot more room in the engine compartment)

I'd stick a racing fuel tank in the front.

Roll bar maybe a 5 point cage

I deck out the suspension with all tein products. TC rods, camber adjustments, stabilizers and strut tower bars etc.

(I don't know the settings I'd run right off the bat. I like to make a few runs and adjust the settings to my own comfort level, style of driving and the types of tracks that I might encounter.)

255/45/17's and 225 front all HOOSIERS

brembo brake upgrade.
                  High and tight polyurethane bushings

TRD LSD

turbo axles.

Comment

A Black 180 version of Brendan Walkers S14 silvia.

Comment

180=RPS13
                      S14=S14

Differnt frames they're bud...

Comment

^^
                        that's what he said, a s13 VERSION of the car Brendan Walkers
                        drives.

My touge car would be 68 z28 with either a 327 or a v6 turbo,
                        in hood ram air indution,frame connectors flipped leafs, dropped spindles kybs all around,corvette 14in brakes in front, Caddy 8in discs in rear, 9in ford rearend with 3.62s, 17 inch enkei mesh in front,19 inch cragar's in back, black primer, no bumpers. and a stupid dummy spotlight too.

kinda like this....
                        now that's USDM tyte yo.
                        Attached Files

Comment

my car... only maybe a little less old

1992 mazda 323 GTX

RRE ECU allowing 17psi of boost

hks exhaust

RRE intake

VJ-16 turbo upgrade

HKS FMIC

RX-7 3rd gen fuel pump

MX-6 330cc injectors

grondcontrol coilovers with illumina struts

and if they still made them... some of the nice mazdaspeed parts they made for the WRC version of the 323 GT-R

i figure pretty light powerful and AWD... can't go wrong

or

1989 Lancia Delta HF Integrale

with some of the Group A bits from martini racing

if price wasn't an object... the Group B lancia Delta HF would be nice.... gotta love supercharged turbocharged 460bhp 2300lb curbweight and AWD

The_Finn

Comment

My perfect mountain car.

Mazda 323GTX.

Rally spec Roller bearing turbo with uprated turbo assembly
                            Apex AVC-R and AFC-R fuel and boost controllers
                            K&N air filter
                            Full HKS 2.5" exhaust
                            Reworked cylinder head, polished and ported
                            Modified and Machined flywheel
                            HKS Turbo timer
                            HKS Fuel Cut Defencer
                            Quick shifter
                            17" Styleauto alloys (with good condition BF goodrich tires)
                            First gen bumper with splitter
                            HKS Boost gauge
                            New clutch
                            Recon gearbox with shotpeend 2nd and 3rd gears and straight cut first gear
                            Speed limit removed
                            kenwood head unit(need speakers)
                            cat1 alarm with remote central locking
                            cat1 imobliser
                            Italv lanti steering wheel
                            Whiteline Springs (Hard!!)

This is a little later version than we can get in the states and belongs to Chris off of www.323GTX.co.uk. Want to give the proper props there. This thing would be a terror in the mountains that I run. Small, light, hella fast and AWD. Well his is FWD ecause he converted it, but I wouldn't. I need to shoot a vid of where I run. Man it's tight and tricky.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 02-13-2004, 09:15 AM.

Comment

:: copys the list ::

now all i need is a ton of money.....

yeah i wish we got the next gen of the GTX in america i like that rearend more than mine but :: shrug :: what can you do other than import one....

now to actually add to this thread

i wonder how the Pulsar GTiR would do at touge

sr20det (proven power maker)

same AWD system as the skyline attessa (i think thats the acro)

the only thing i am not sure about is weight but i figure you could just take out the back seats and such.... i also have no idea about suspension options.... i think they look really nice and there is a guy in maine selling one for only 9100.... i wish i wasn't poor

Comment

its a tie between a 1jz verrossa, with vertex suspension upgrades, and kit, stock is 300hp i think.

. evo IV with tein suspension, upgraded turbos to t34 by hks, upgraded chip, rally roll cage without any seats cept' the drivers and a balance fuel tank in the trunk for optimal weight balance.

Comment

Working...
                                X