No announcement yet.

Portland, OR Drifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I asked that question, I was meaning do the guys that do alignments take as much care as you do to give us extra camber or whatever when are cars are really low?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cone
      When I asked that question, I was meaning do the guys that do alignments take as much care as you do to give us extra camber or whatever when are cars are really low?
      Sadly many do not. Bodyshops, Dealerships and places that specialize in alignments usually do...for a price. You goto your general service shops or express shops like Scwabs, firestone, goodyear etc... and they only align the vehicle to factory specs. If the vehicle is noticable altered they may say an alignment to factory specs wont help or theyll try to get the wheels straight enough to slow tire wear. The tech doesnt get paid enough for the job to make a custom alignment. Some will charge extra to set it up right but most wont mess with it. Ride height is the most overlooked thing unless its blatantly obvious. I dont even get to check it unless its requested or it looks really off. Most wont even mess with a heavily modified vehicle because they cant warranty the alignment. Things are just too unpredictable when a car is modified unless everyone who has messed with the car really knows what theyre doing. Even then....its modified... I cant wait till I have my own shop or work in a good tuner shop.

Comment

• alot of moms and pops shops will do custom alignments for a few bux extra...or if you know the guy that does the alignment at most shops he will do it for you. Just gotta ask..i know of 2 places in gresham/portland that will do custom alignments no questions asked.

Comment

• If you didn't see in the other thread, Eric can't get on a computer right now so he asked me to post up and say that the event was cancelled cause the drags were cancelled cause of the rain.

Comment

• STOLEN MK2 in Portland (I'm bumping so yall get email notifications)

Recovered!!!
            Last edited by ma71supraturbo; 12-02-2005, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• I've got to be the luckiest SOB alive. The car was recovered a few miles away. No external signs of forced entry although the steering lock is broken now. The fuel was right at "E" when I parked it, and my theif was kind enough to leave the car with 1/4 tank. He did help himself to adjust the mirrors and perform the customary ghetto recline of the driver's seat, and he must have bought a 5th Avenue candy bar as there was a wrapper on the passenger seat. The books and helmet I had in the car were still there (although moved to the rear seat so he must have picked up a buddy). Even the Shoe-polish numbers were still on the window and so far everything looks ok (there was a flake of paint missing from the front lip so I suspect he got too close to a parking curb and flexed the bumper). All in all I'm very happy and would like to thank everyone who kept an eye out for it.

Comment

Working...
              X