R.I.P. Shaun Carlson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Shaun Carlson

Just got word that Shaun Carlson passed away last night. You will be missed buddy. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

I've been trying to figure out if this is true or not. I had learned it off of a twitter post by Chris Rhoad. So, it's true then?

Comment

Still trying to find out the details, but yes unfortunately it is true. I was just talking to him the other day. Was going to go up to the shop to hang out. Known Shaun for years over the drag racing days and before. Very sad news.

Comment

I never got to know him, but I think I remember him driving a Mopar Pro Stock before he went into drifting full time. From what I did get to know, he sounded like an awesome guy.

Comment

RIP Shaun. you will be missed

He was truly an innovator. From the first tube-chassis Honda drag car to the crazy Mopar drift team... Shaun always had crazy ideas, and wasn't afraid to execute them.

We lost a good one

Comment

SHAUN has been around the Import comunity from the begining and will be missed. Our thoughts and prayers go out the his family. One truly nice guy ....

Comment

What a sad way to start the week

RIP

Comment

He was a good friend, good guy, life of the party and an icon in the industry.
                He created trends, records, memories and friendships that will outlive his lifetime!
                It's a true loss and all of us in the "tuner" world, sport compact, drag, drifting, and all inclusive automotive world in general we'll miss you buddy!!!!

Now Shaun has front row seats at all Formula Drift events, Shaun's riding shotgun on every run!
                We'll miss you Shaun,
                NuFormz will live on!

Comment

Shaun was a chill dude. This is very sad news I remember he would come by where I work and would always take a second to talk to me about drifting. RIP Shaun you will be missed.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytJqBvOsG-o

Just found this video, it was posted on Honda-Tech. This was Steph's first-ever 9 second run, in the tube chassis FWD car that Shaun built. Yes, That's Shaun at 2:47 in with the long hair.

Comment

Great vid... "should have been 9.50" Shaun says. Always pushin' it... awesome! RIP buddy.

Comment

the first time I met Shaun was when I asked for a moment of his time to take his head-shot at a NOPI event

he always had a great attitude

RIP

Comment

Just got word from Conrad. Very sad to hear about this. Best wishes go out to his family.

Comment

In my experience, Shaun was gracious, kind, quick with a hug...and really patient.

See you down the road, man!

Comment

Shaun Carlson-Gone Too Soon
                              BY Samuel Hubinette
                              http://blog.toxicdrift.com/2009/10/s...gone-too-soon/

It is with a hurt heart I’m writing on my blog today.
                              Shaun Carlson, the owner of Nuformz racing and my good friend passed away last night after several health issues this year. What caused his sudden death is not yet clear.
                              The earlier attacks have been diagnosed as Brugada Syndrome, a genetic disease characterized by an abnormality in the heart’s electrical system.
                              I got to know Shaun for my first time 2004 when I started to Drift for Team MOPAR. With him and his crew from NuFormz we achieved 2 Championships and so far most victories in FormulaD history. Having a master in fabricating as a team owner was always a big bonus for me. Every time I came out to an event there were some new updates on the car. I have to admit it was not always things I thought was necessary because it could be more for style then performance. But that was Shaun, he loved to keep things top notch for style. His knowledge in this tuner industry has made a lot of difference to many people and their lives and his amazing skill to build all the drift cars with perfection has been to a great benefit for my achievements.
                              For all of us at Team NuFormz 2009 has been a really tough year, to start with having Shaun getting three heart attacks and then in May loosing our main sponsor MOPAR due to Chryslers bankruptcy.
                              We are now getting ready to compete at Irwindale speedway for the final for the 2009 FormulaD Championship. It will be in memories to our friend and team Owner Shaun Carlson.

My prayers goes out to Devin that was Shaun’s girlfriend and BIG supporter and of-course the Carlson Family.
                              R.I.P Bro, you will always be in our heart and we know that he is in a better place right now!

http://blog.toxicdrift.com/2009/10/s...gone-too-soon/

Comment

Working...
                              X