No announcement yet.

D1 f$#%#@ rocked!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

during the final 8 i forget who he went up against, but i recall he was soundly defeated. was it a s15? someone remind me.
    Yeah, the Top Secret s15 beat him.

Comment

he drove a supra last year and was a crowd favorite, that just shows how ignorant people are about the sport
      I'll take Jasper's new supra driver over Rhys Millen any day of the week.

Comment

I have a wonderful series of stills of that defeat. ill post them on another thread, give me a minute thanks to my friend Andres.

Comment

Maybe people don't like the fact that he left Jasper for Pontiac? Things were looking good for him when he was with Jasper,he took home 1st at the Drift Showoff.Next thing you know,he's with Pontiac.I doubt that's the reason,but why boo him and not the guy with the Dodge? If it was just because he was drifting a domestic,than the Viper driver should have got his fair share of boos also.

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
            Maybe people don't like the fact that he left Jasper for Pontiac? Things were looking good for him when he was with Jasper,he took home 1st at the Drift Showoff.Next thing you know,he's with Pontiac.I doubt that's the reason,but why boo him and not the guy with the Dodge? If it was just because he was drifting a domestic,than the Viper driver should have got his fair share of boos also.
            I think you hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon X
              I'll take Jasper's new supra driver over Rhys Millen any day of the week.
              I wouldn't count out Rhys Millen, he is pro rally driver and knows the key fundamentals of racing!

Comment

Originally posted by drft240
                I wouldn't count out Rhys Millen, he is pro rally driver and knows the key fundamentals of racing!
                I'm not disputing that, I just think Sam Hubinette is nuts!

Comment

Check out the photos in my thread, Rhys Defeated! series photos.

You will understand what i ment.

Comment

Well if thats why they boo'd him then I guess I feel a little better about the whole thing. At least it wasnt just domestic hate or something. I think if you give him some more time to practice with that GTO he'll become competitive. Wonder what kind of mods they did??

Comment

Originally posted by drft240
                      You can't compare rally to tarmac drifting.Dirt offers limited traction,tarmac at Irwindale is grippy and sort of rough(can't find the right word),and from what I heard,does a good job of eating up tires(that's why they tend to use harder compounds on it from what I've read).Both also require totally different driving styles,techniques,and timing.Sure rally may give someone a head start compared to your average joe,but you can't expect a D1 driver to hang with the rally pro's and vice-versa without becoming familiar with that type of enviroment.Someone who done GT racing would probably have a greater advantage over a rally driver,since they race on tarmac and knows what it takes to keep grip and lose it on tarmac.Manabu Orido runs in JGTC and is one hell of a drifter,not to mention his position in the D1 Series itself.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                        Well if thats why they boo'd him then I guess I feel a little better about the whole thing. At least it wasnt just domestic hate or something. I think if you give him some more time to practice with that GTO he'll become competitive. Wonder what kind of mods they did??
                        I wished thats why, honestly there was booing when he first came out. Like i said before i wasnt a fan of the car, but i didnt boo, i cheered, i wanted to see an american driver show his skills.

I keep saying though, it was only there first d1. i am sure they will improve, There probably going over the car now, thinking about what needs to be changed. Im sure the driver is going over and over in his head, about what he needs to do differently.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                          They were probably just boo'ing it because it was a domestic. Shame on the crowd!
                          Not true, Tarzan got out there with the viper, and people loved it. The truth was the GTO wasnt fun to watch, and wasnt impressive.

It was cool meeting driftxteme and Kazama. Friday night was great. Sat night was awsome, sorry about the toilet cordes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
                            sorry about the toilet cordes.
                            Oh man, that was TERRIBLE.

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon X
                              Oh man, that was TERRIBLE.
                              It was the sushis fault.

Comment

about rhys and his car... my friend is a very good personal friend of his, so we got team passes from him. i talked to him about the car, and he said that they had finished tuning the car around 5 am the day of the show. THE DAY OF THE SHOW. that gives him no time to practice. i thought he did a great job considering the situation he was in. i personally dont like the car too much, and dont think it is the optimal drift car. but then again, i wouldnt think a dihaitsu(sp.?) could be either. wish he would have teamed with nissan for the 350, or even mazda for the 8, but things ultimately go around $, and pontiac wanted part of it. big props to rhys, too bad he didnt do as well as he could, because i know he could have done better. ill shutup now

Comment

Working...
                                X