No announcement yet.

TONY ANGELO & CHRIS FORSBERG, NEW S15 & RX-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Comment

Bwahahahahaa....you guys look funny trying to hold that car up! Tony your sooooo strong!

Rock on........

Comment

yo ghost, why the sense to take out a rotary and put in an SR? Srs are overused, also taking the rotary out will cease its being of an Rx7 it would be an MX7. RX7s are special because of their rotaries, therefore dont u tihnk it would be kept in there? dont bring up the fact of cash, because we all know falken could put any engine it wants in there as long as tony angelo asks them to.
          Yea Rotaries make RX7's really special, they are "specially" fast to blow up, cost money and be really unreliable. Sure if Tony asked them they would put whatever he wanted in there. But honestly were it my car and I had to depend on it for every event that he goes too, the last thing I would want to do is be changing motors all the time. Sure they are free, but as you see by the pictures of him holding the car up and in coveralls, the labor ain't. Changing little stuff at the event is one thing, changing motors is another. You got to remember, at each of these events, they do their own wrenching. They work their rears off at events. Motor changing takes vauable time that could be used for other things like drinking and checking girls out. You got to think bout that stuff man.

As for RX meaning Rotary Experimental, you I know that too. But think of this, they been making RX's since the 70's, if it's still Experimental, somethings wrong. Maybe it's still experimental cause they never got it right.

Comment

the engine was the only reliable thing in my 459rwhp FD. you can ask tony chris all of them, they know my old car. only reason its not around right now is a not at fault accident a goddamn moron jetta driver that totalled it. its how you build it........ if tony wants to go rotary i know a few people that can make it 500rwhp reliable. it will just blowup trannies and diff casings

Comment

So either way, massive fun at events with the ol swap-a-roo of parts. More time under the car, less time with the chicks and booze. Myself, i'd rather go worry free and make the time rather then be under the car, cursing all day and night. My engine and trans just got sold, making room for a new one. Not gonna be Rotary though. As long as its mine, I will never have another Rotary in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                So either way, massive fun at events with the ol swap-a-roo of parts. More time under the car, less time with the chicks and booze. Myself, i'd rather go worry free and make the time rather then be under the car, cursing all day and night. My engine and trans just got sold, making room for a new one. Not gonna be Rotary though. As long as its mine, I will never have another Rotary in it.
                i like both motors. i have a sr in my s14 right now. everyone can do whatever they want. its their cars but the fact is rotaries can take abuse when built right.....

Comment

I love the Rotary vs Piston arguements. They are usually championed by people who have never owned the motor in question. They use what they read or the "I got a friend" arguement. Until you have owned one, you will never know. The 13brew in the FD chassis is the worst, I repeat, worst design ever. The engine, the chassis, the inability to vent heat, the 1 million vacuum lines, everything.

But this isnt the place to argue it. I want to see what he's putting in it. Either way, it will be interesting and will be a good car for next season.

Comment

I love the Rotary vs Piston arguements. They are usually championed by people who have never owned the motor in question. They use what they read or the "I got a friend" arguement. Until you have owned one, you will never know. The 13brew in the FD chassis is the worst, I repeat, worst design ever. The engine, the chassis, the inability to vent heat, the 1 million vacuum lines, everything.

But this isnt the place to argue it. I want to see what he's putting in it. Either way, it will be interesting and will be a good car for next season.
                    the nice reliable ones aren't owned by kids.....

Comment

Originally posted by Vosko
                      the nice reliable ones aren't owned by kids.....
                      haha. =)
                      Nice to see you on here Vosko.

Comment

Well believe what you want, you're entitled too. Any engine can be built to be fast, Rotaries just, A. don't last, especially when modified and B. tend to spontaneously combust for the tiniest of reasons. Some people like em, most don't. Takes the right person to run FD's. Of all the Rotaries, they are the most finicky. The FC's are alot more reliable due to better design.

But point taken about the kids.
                        Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 11-17-2004, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IwantanFC
                          Ha, I guess it never stops for you two, you work on cars at home, go out to cali and work on cars, come back home for a visit and......guess what..... work on cars (thanks again Tony, I owe you bigtime) and then the next time i see pics of you on the site you are back in the garage working hard to get your rides ready for '05. Awesome work guys, and tony, that FD looks rough, but straight and clean (thank god rx-7s never rust) i cant wait to see that car when its done, and chris, the s15 looks equally rad, i cant wait to see you two beating the hell out of these machines in this upcoming season!

Tyler
                          they need to bring those to DOW and rock it... need more excitement...

Comment

i wasnt going for the whole argument, ive heard it before, but i jsut wanted to know your reasons, thats it. now i got them, now i undersatnd there.

also, u said its been experimental for over 20 years.. what doctors do, reagrdless of their time as a doctor, is called a practice... (sry jsut thought that was really funny)

Comment

what doctors do, reagrdless of their time as a doctor, is called a practice... (sry jsut thought that was really funny)
                              Lol good point. . I wasn't coming down on you in my posts, i'm sorry if you thought I was.

Comment

i personally was one of the lucky few who got an awesome rotary. i beat on that thing for months and still never had a problem, but to get their youve got to spend sh!t loads of moeny for tuning and re tunning, buy two parts go to a dyno and get new maps etc etc. in the long run if i had to do it all over again i woulda gotten an sr20 but you live and learn

than get luvs

Comment

Working...
                                X