Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KA off time?

Hey all,

Got an issue on my '92 KA24DE that I can't seemed to get sorted out.

Me and a buddy changed the timing chain, but when we put the distributor back it, it almost seems that it is one tooth forward. The only way the car will run is if we turn the distributor all the way to the left maxed out (counter-clockwise). I've tried resetting the distributor, but I end up with the same problem except all the way the opposite direction maxed out clockwise to the right .... is it possible for my timing chain to be off one tooth? And if so, how would that make the engine respond?

The car makes like no power on the bottom end, but starts to pull around 4k .... I've also started to develope an occasional miss that comes and goes since all this has been going on. With the timing light the best I can get my car is around 25 degrees, but when I'm looking at the timing marks with a light ... the pointer "jumps" around a bit, but mostly it's around 25 degrees.

Now, I've tried 2 or 3 times to reset my distributor, I've had 3 of my nissan friends try to get it set, and two shops ... everyone ends up with it maxed out either all the way to the left or all the way to the right.

I (and about 5 or 6 other people) have read and done the KA-T.org DOHC timing and distributor install on my car ... but nothing is seeming to work.

Let me know what you all think!

did any of those shops pull the chain off and reinstall it?

that many people dealing with the timing and its still off leads me to think the chain itself is off.

Comment

Working...
    X