• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a great response i got at long beach seems everybody wants a kit

Comment

so what would a full swap from you guys cost? into a s13

Comment

the basic vq swap would depend on the cost of the engine and trans we get $800.00 for the kit and $1500.00 to do the swap and make it run plus parts hope that helps i know a few yards that have sold us very low mile motors and trans it just depends on what they have at the moment

Comment

SDARsupertuner call me when you get a chance Mack McKinney 951-304-9300

Comment

Originally posted by Hubert Young View Post
            I got to say this is one nice and easy swap to get good power and torque. Surprisingly, the VQ actually weighs just a few pounds more than the KA. With that extra 2 cylinders provide the power and torque, the car with this swap will be a monster!
            nope wrong there buddy SR20 has more off boost torque than the RB20 and will beat it mod for mod, plus me and a mate can lift my complete SR long block up quite easily can't be bothered doing that with a RB, and its where the extra weight is, the RB has a heavier block which has 2 extra cylinders that hang over the front axle(line) in an S13.

the more torque you are referring to in this case come from the increased displacement, (2lt motor vs 3.5lt) not the extra cylinders, and since the VQ35 motor is a V6 its quite short and is able to be mounted as far back in the engine bay closest to the firewall reducing the effect of the extra weight, as its not completely or if hardly any more further forward than a SR20 Jap S13 Silvia like mine.

i have yet to see the VQ35 take off yet as i have seen a lot of cars from America and Japan not rip out the VQ35 and replace it with a SR20

Comment

Originally posted by S13/R32 View Post
              the more torque you are referring to in this case come from the increased displacement, (2lt motor vs 3.5lt) not the extra cylinders, and since the VQ35 motor is a V6 its quite short and is able to be mounted as far back in the engine bay closest to the firewall reducing the effect of the extra weight, as its not completely or if hardly any more further forward than a SR20 Jap S13 Silvia like mine.

i have yet to see the VQ35 take off yet as i have seen a lot of cars from America and Japan not rip out the VQ35 and replace it with a SR20
              Well its semantics really. The two extra cylinders do provide "more" displacement. Its just kind of a different way of saying it. Huberts first language is not English so it might come out a little funny.

The VQ35 will slowly gain popularity as it becomes less expensive to put one in cars. It will gain popularity when people are happy with engine management solutions. The fly by wire throttle throws a few people off.

There is no replacement for displacement. The LS1 V-8 is one route, but lots of people, me included don't like cross platform swaps, I did however help out with this RB in a Mustang. I am also not really into V-8's, although we have played with the VH45.

Comment

Originally posted by S13/R32 View Post
                nope wrong there buddy SR20 has more off boost torque than the RB20 and will beat it mod for mod, plus me and a mate can lift my complete SR long block up quite easily can't be bothered doing that with a RB, and its where the extra weight is, the RB has a heavier block which has 2 extra cylinders that hang over the front axle(line) in an S13.

You fail at trying to explain things.

Comment

the fact is the rb 25/26 is very heavy around 700lbs and every out of the box sr20 i have dynoed on a mustang chassis dyno that was just a base swap with side mount intercooler never had more than 200 hp the vq has 287 hp stated from the factory that is crankshaft hp i have seen these on my dyno at around 250 hp with a intake and a muffler change sure the vq costs a bit more but can you start your sr20 mash the gas and go have lunch for an hour then come back and still have it running i think not but with a vq you could take a SIESTA and then drive home lol

Comment

MACK ill call you on monday been at long beach for days

Comment

new updates on website and i will be anouncing a few dealers around the country in a couple days

Comment

S13/R32: I was talking about the VQ35. Who mentioned anything RB20? That motor is useless.
                        Hubert Young
                        KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by Hubert Young View Post
                          S13/R32: I was talking about the VQ35. Who mentioned anything RB20? That motor is useless.
                          was trying to give another reason why this swap would be a good one compared to most others. didn't exactly proof read it before i hit the submit button...
                          yea RB20's are useless tho there seems to be heeps of rb20 S13 down here... and they all handle like pigs

Comment

We now have a complete crossmember available so you wont have to weld just bolt it in and go

Comment

Working...
                            X