Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 280zx?? can a sr20 fit?

Hi guys

Ok, so project D (B210 drift Car) has been disbandoned due to cost....

so now im looking for a cheap ready to drift car... and it seems the 280zx is my best option.

Now i've heard peeps saying this car can drift, but can I compete with it???

Also is the SR20 motor an option.

Cheers

E

I'm not sure why the b210 got expensive and an SR swap isn't, but I'd say the motor would have to fit, as the 280 (2.8?) was probably a straight 6 (not sure). There have been people who put a 350 chevy motor in the earlier 240z, so I'd think you'd have no problem getting it in. There's probably many people who'll say otherwise, but I bet you could use a KA24DE and get just as much power as the 2.8, and with less weight. Less wieght = more useable power.

Comment

yeah an sr will fit, 280zx's have an inline 6. you could fit an RB in there if you wanted i've got zx of my own, love it. good luck to you!

Comment

im in south africa, so custom parts like a rear axle with LSD would cost a fortune... so the cheaper option would be to buy a cheap car that i could just fit an LSD into.

the other main reason is I need a car with Power steering. Ive got rotator cuff injuries so using the 210 might slow down the recovery, and or cause permanent damage.

anyhoo, so is the 280zx driftable or not stock?!?!? (ok, so it needs LSD)
        but lets just say I get that sorted

whats the weight distibution like?

Can I squeeze out some extra power by chipping it?

Comment

Ummm. Keep in mind: this car is old. I dont know much about 280zx's, but that is something that you DEFINETALY need to think about.

Comment

Yes a sr20 will swap into the 280z, as will a rb series engine. Check out www.vildinimotorsport.com for the sr swap and www.hybridz.org for just about every other swap into these early z's.

Comment

Working...
            X