E-brake Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-brake Help!

In the Drift Bible, the drift king mentions something about maintaining your ebrake. i'm not sure whether he's telling us to pull the parking brake all the way up, or just some of the way. Please help out. I'm confused. i think this part loses something in the translation.

I would stay away from using the ebrake, I can;t drive yet, but I think using the ebrake shows almost no skill. SO you should just feint drift...

Comment

I own the Drift Bible with Keiichi "Drift King" Tsuchiya too. I have watched that part serveral times and my take is that he is saying a drifter should keep the e-brake in adjustment so that the length of pull before lock-up is approriate. To paraphrase. "If you do not frequently adjust the cable tension you will have to pull way too far up on the e-brake. You should only have to pull a little bit, not way up here by your face."

BTW the e-brake is a perfectly valid technique and one beginers will need to rely on until they have a fully developed set of techniques. Once all the techniques are developed one will only use it in certain situations- if it's good enough for the Drift King it's good enough for me!

Comment

I agree. I think the e-brake should be used when learning how to drift and when you're experienced. The Drift King even uses it, so tell him that he has no skill because he uses the e-brake, and let me see the look on your face when he smacks you somethin awful.

Comment

You should only use the ebrake if you need to, and from what I saw, the Drift King says you should only pull it like half way

Comment

I would stay away from using the ebrake, I can;t drive yet, but I think using the ebrake shows almost no skill. SO you should just feint drift...
            I think a comment like that shows almost no brains.

Comment

chaos: what are you doing on a drift site if you can't drive? You have to know that before you can drift, then maybe one day you'll even move up to the e-brake.

I don't usually flame people but this was too inviting.

Comment

no kidding
                have you ever tried drifting in a real car on real DRY streets, its not easy in fact the e-brake is essantial. you need the e-brake first of all to start some drifts you also need it to somtimes adjust the angle of your drift if throttle and steering adjustments wont work
                just a lil knowledge so when/if you ever drift you might know how

Comment

OOOOOH BURN, haha. Let this be a lesson to you, kid. Don't make it know that you can't drive, and dont try to give advice on something you know nothing about.

Comment

Also, who knows where I can get my hands on a spin turn knob for my e-brake?

Comment

Bad Chaos

Many pros on the D1 "circuit" use the ebrake if not all of them. Have you not watched any videos of the actual competitions? I don't drift yet, but I at least know not to run my mouth off when it's something I don't know about. Anybody got that pic that says "You got Stallowned!!!" on it? This would be an excellent time for it.

Oh yeah!!! Chas has spin turn nobs I'm pretty sure.
                      Last edited by Misthael; 01-23-2004, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Here I am...like a vulture to a dead hiker.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Fire
                          I would stay away from using the ebrake ( In an AUTO!!! ), I can;t drive yet, but I think using the ebrake shows almost no skill. SO you should just feint drift...
                          Edit: Unless your loaded with cash like me!!!!!

You guy could have easily avoided flameing him. but where's the fun in that!!!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by emission; 01-24-2004, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X