Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Embarassing Drift Moment?

whats up guys?

nuthin good here just starin at the computer and wishing i had a tank of gas to go drift on...just wondering, what has been your scariest moment while drifting? Doesn't have to be something you did, just something you saw or happened to you. Id have to say mine was when i was living in okinawa, Japan. I was at a local drift spot, and a japanese kid came through a turn waaaaaaay too fast. Needless to say he understeered and hit the sidewalk, his car was launched into the air and slammed into a brick wall. well the kid was fine but his 91 skyline gts-t was halfway inside of a warehouse about 4 feet off the ground...cops were there in a few moments. not a good scene.

scariest would be getting understeer around a blind corner and going threw a fence and ending up on someone font yard with a snail on m windsheild

most embarassing would probably be getting way too sideways ona an street that was too narrow and running into a curb with my 2 best friends in the car and destrooyingmy stock steelie and my tire.

Comment

most embarassing

last weekend, not being able to go sideways in front of everyone at driftshowoff... understeered all 4 practice and all 3 judged runs... lol, sad sad day.

scariest moment. the first drift day advanced at cali speed way, we had 4 or 5 cars on the 3rd gear loop course at the same time. We were really close to each other, especially going into the main sweeper. Really fun if everyone was on top of their game. Anyway, the guy in front of me spun out at the end of the sweeper. I was at the entrance to the sweeper and instinctively slammed on my brakes going like 65, which was bad, it caused my car to lock up and go off course, stopping about half a foot from the reverse guard rail. I can see why tandem driving requires such balls and instincts, they go through that all the time with only a split second to react and make the right move.

Comment

scariest. riding shot gun in my friends fc as his car whipped back from a drift and got us like 2 feet from a wall.

most embarrasing, yelling out " heres one for the masses" to my friends during a fun little practice then taking the turn with massive understeer, and looking like a tard.

Comment

Scariest - Tire coming off the rim while sliding at speed, rear of the car hopped in the air and I landed on rim. I was very lucky it was the drivers side tire and not the pass side tire. If it was the pass side tire it could have easily gotten under the car and caused me to flip.

Most Embarassing - Going to a Drift Session 2 event with a fried transmission. No second, third, or fourth gear, and only about 60% of 1st gear worked. This made my maximum top speed around 35 or 40mph. Everyong must have been laughing at the domestic, engine was making alot of noise, car wasnt going anywhere ...

Comment

every time I slide my car it's embarassing.......

Comment

The stupid jackass that slid his car out of the parking lot, after the FIRST grassroots Drift event in Atlanta had gone smoothly all day, and smacked a truck. You could have Drifted all freaking day but you didn't and chose to try to be super cool after the event. Man your car was sure nice, well, it ain't no more.

Way to go fartsniffer.

Comment

gee wiz a couple days ago it was raining and i had my friend in the car and we went drifting. the ground was really slick so it was easy to get loose. i was entering a steep uphill turn in second and i feinted and got on the gas and the car came around easy, i held the slide for a long time, it was sweet, and i just boneheadedly over corrected to get out of the drift and i ran up on the mountain side. tore apart my BRE lip but didnt hurt the car.

Comment

scariest time was ridin shot gun wit my friend in an old GMC truck it was wet and he hit the gass way to hard around a corner and after about 2 or 3 "feints" he got it stopped about 2 in from a mail box (not really drifting but o well)......also in the same truck same friend......we were slidin around in a local parking lot and he hit a patch of gravel and again came within a few inches from a light post......my heart skipped many a beats riding in that truck

most embaressing.....not having a RWD car to dritf

Comment

my most embarassing drifting moment would have to be at one of our drift events here in Vegas. i knew my FC wasn't running right, and there was a number of problems with the steering and suspension, but i wanted to drive it anyways and make a good impression to Ryan Hampton. unfortunately, things didn't work out that way, and by the end of the first turn i was soooo pissed off with my car and myself that I just quit caring about what was going on and nailed a number of cones without trying to avoid them. needless to say, I'm sure that didn't leave a good impression, but sometimes bad things just happen.

Comment

The very first time I went out to "drift" I was in a business complex and I power overed into a curb. bending an axle.

Im not that dumb anymore, I had no idea what the hell I was doing.

I shake my head now, everytime I remember it.

Comment

My moment is when I FF drifted...

Comment

funniest moment

going side ways with my budy in the car the parking lot is real rough his head bounces off the window. Kinda funny. Keep going next thing i know the rearveiw mirror flys off and hits him in the face hahah classic

Comment

going sideways at a turn, hitting the sidewalk and flipping over

Comment

i tried using braking drift on this narrow freeway onramp.

only, i was too much of an idiot to realize that you have to be going at a pretty decent speed to do braking drift. i wasnt going fast enough to initiate... but i was going fast enough where i couldnt brake enough to make the corner. i panicked and locked the front brakes - understeering and drove right over the curb.

i drove home with MASSIVE toe out on my drivers side front wheel and ended up having to replace my tie rod, lower control arm, and traction rod brackets.

i'm awesome! don't do that!

-Benson (not Nadine)
                              Nadine Hsu
                              http://www.nadine180.com
                              http://www.driftingpretty.com

Comment

Working...
                              X