(10 FREE TICKETS) FORMULA D - LAS VEGAS - August 26 - 27 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
    you're on crack. I think Vegas is one of the worst tracks for spectating. You really should get out to Atlanta or Seattle next year.
    I can see every detail of the course from any seat in the crowd at Vegas. No Hills or K Rails with fences or bridges like Long Beach or Sonoma. Irwindale and Seattle are great for spectating but I don't think the course compares to Vegas. But aren't you media how often do you sit in the stands the course of a event?

Comment

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
      I can see every detail of the course from any seat in the crowd at Vegas. No Hills or K Rails with fences or bridges like Long Beach or Sonoma. Irwindale and Seattle are great for spectating but I don't think the course compares to Vegas. But aren't you media how often do you sit in the stands the course of a event?
      More often than you think, especially in Vegas. I actively avoid the pits in the middle because it's so hot and I drink so much water to drink hydrated, so I shoot from outside a lot.

I feel like the best spot to watch Vegas is from on top of an RV or Trailer just past the finish line, because that's one of the only locations that has an unobstructed view of the course, but that's not an option for most of the fans.

I've watched a few tandem runs from the stands at every track I've been to minus Chicago in '05. I like to get a sense of what the fans see.

Comment

At Vegas I usually sit on the set of bleachers to the left of the judges stand, just to be on point to what the judges see. But I have sat in the bleachers closest to the pits and those were pretty decent as well. You cant really get a true sense of the angle and speed the car comes in on the straight (that's why I prefer the 08 setup) but I definitely don't think its obstructed. Keep in mind I'm not a big fan of watching drifting from a birds eye view.
        Last edited by Bebop; 08-22-2011, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Did anyone get a confirmation? I hope I'm on the list

Comment

Originally posted by ztkrevolution View Post
            i would love to get tickets. yes i know i just got free tickets when i went to florida but i am traveling to vegas from arizona and it would help with the cost of the trip for this event. im looking forward to actually being at a night even because i know the atmosphere is gonna be way different and in vegas, the music is gonna be bumpin which i always love. but im looking forward to seeing and talking to all the drivers as usual. this time im gonna ask them all what car do they drive at home because its something ive always been curious about. and i always look forward to having conversations with my state local Jarod.
            are you still going? you are on the list

Comment

I did not get confermation but I sent a PM, and posted back, reply back please so I know if I got tickets!! thank you

Comment

Originally posted by senorchase View Post
                I did not get confermation but I sent a PM, and posted back, reply back please so I know if I got tickets!! thank you
                A PM was sent out yesterday, You have a ticket at will call. Thank you

Comment

Thank you for the tickets. The competition was awesome. The 3 drivers I was looking forward to seeing made it in top 16 (Ken Gushi, Rhys Millen, and Conrad Grunewald). And Rhys got #1 on the podium?! Overall the experience as a whole was great.

What I have learned:
                  1) I suck at gambling
                  2) I can fit in my mom's jeans (accidently thought they were mine)
                  3) I owe it all to Drifting.com for giving me tickets to get myself out there

Comment

Working...
                  X