X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (FEEDBACK) Formula D Long Beach 2011

(FEEDBACK) Formula D Long Beach 2011

Please post your feedback on this thread

Overall it was pretty good. Except what was up with the crowd control and exit strategy after the event was over? It was like the folks in yellow just disappeared an hour before it ended. And it was a nightmare just trying to walk out.

Comment

I wish driver intros started on time. I went to grab a photo hole 10 minutes before top 16 intros were to start, and only 2 people were there. 40 minutes later, by the time they actually started, there were 6 or 7 sweaty people crowding the hole and I left to go shoot from somewhere else (that wasn't as good of a vantage point, but had fewer sweaty people). Standing in the sun for 40 minutes sucked.

Other than that, the event was great! I can't believe how packed all the stands were! I don't know how we're going to cram more people into the stands next season!

I liked the new position of the podium, and parking the car up in front of the podium was a great idea.

Comment

Watching from Livestream, it was a great event. Some hiccups on the stream, but that's what happens when it's viewed by over 6,000 people at the same time. A very exciting and surprising start to the 2011 season, can't wait for Road Atlanta and the start to my East Coast drifting coverage of Formula Drift!

Comment

the event went smooth and everyone who I invited had a good time

Comment

Cool event, some surprises from drivers I didn't think had it. Thanks for driftstream, but justintv over 3G is a laggy p.o.s. I disagree with some of the calls but that's nothing new. Keep em coming.

Is their a live update for the competition bracket? A couple of times the streams froze on me and I missed the winners and couldn't quickly check for the results.

Comment

First of all, (I may sound like a broken record but) Thanks to all the fans of course for making round 1 in Long Beach another record breaking round of Formula Drift competition. Just looking at the "packed house" on the Streets of Long Beach course you could see drifting and Formula Drift is growing...

Of course thanks to the drivers, crews, and the sponsors for doing your thing 111000% as always, more swag, tires burned and wrenhcing was done at any other event!!!

The crowd was yes tought to navigate through even for me when I needed to get somewhere but as they say a "good problem" to have as it shows drifting and FD has people interested!

Also still a lot of NEW fans are attending and the "old schoolers" are still clammering for more!!!

I feel so blessed to participate in such an community, culture and scene and to play such an active role in an ever evolving drifting world! Thank YOU each and every one of you...

I had a blast and I hope ya'll did too!!!
              See ya in Atlanta!!!
              Send It & my new vibe is Let The Good Times Roll!!!

Comment

Jarod you keep getting better and better. The only thing that I noticed was over the stream your vocals are doubled when they play a replay at the same time as you announcing live. If you guys can fix the audio so your voice is not in the replay it would be perfect.

Comment

Styles make battles and it seems like the competitors in the series are all finally getting on the same page. Just about every single battle was a evenly match heavyweight super fight. I can count on one hand the battles that were miss matched and or easy to call.
                  And even the easy to call ones went out in a bang!

The series is really coming together after this event. This is easily the best long beach ever and easily in my top 5 of FD events I ever attended. The battles were just waaaay too good, maybe its the tire rule, maybe its the V8s, maybe its the overall cream finally rising to the top but damn.....

Except what was up with the crowd control and exit strategy after the event was over? It was like the folks in yellow just disappeared an hour before it ended. And it was a nightmare just trying to walk out.
                  This is the only downfall over the weekend....what was up with this? Ive been coming to events for years and long beach since day one and never experienced this type of problem before. I was in stands closest to the ocean and it took me like a good 20 mins to get to my car which was in the structure closest to the venue. And after that got stuck in there for another 20 mins.

The structure has at least 3 exits and only one of them was actually open to the surface streets the other two were blocked off due to event gating and what not. If I had a choice I would stayed and chilled until the the foot and car traffic died but event staff (blue jackets) as usual were pushing people out the venue, telling folks to go home.... very frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                  X