ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Drifters! Irwindale! Snoop Dogg! (Oct. 25th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people feel one way, some feel the other. If you don't like it that folks don't want the crap involved in the sport, respect it. If they don't like your idea of a commercialized form of Drifting, they should respect it too. No need to get all inflamatory.

the majority of the people talking sh*t about this dont understand that this is how racing works, sponsors and all that is tied into it.
    You are right about that one. Alot of people that are complaining do not know how all this works but some do. Letting someone pay to involve their name is one thing, letting them dictate is entirely another. At some point you have to ask yourself, "Is this still my event?" If it's not then you sold out.

how can we have a future in something when most of the people that are supposed to be involved are f*cking clueless??????? that just doesnt work
    Another great statement. This one is so true it is also scary. But probably not in the way that you are thinking. Most people that add all these non Drifting events into a Drifting event don't have a clue in my opinion. They aren't adding them to help Drifting out, they are adding them to help themselves out. Drifting is new to the public and with that newness also comes a high degree of opinion. The public are swayed very easily on something that looks extremely dangerous. See what everyone fails to realize is the big picture of Drifting. The contests and the events are a large piece of it but not the whole thing.

Drifting at this point in America has a blissful state of obscurity. You can explain Drifting to an average person and they are interested in it because they have no pre-conceived notion on what it is, unlike Street racing. Ask the guy on the street about Drifting and you get a slack jawed stare. Ask that same person what they think of Street racing and you get hate. Why? Because there is a pre-conceived notion that Street Racing is bad and dangerous. This is due in no small part to the goofball thug Import Lifestyle that follows Street Racing around like a plague. Drifting is just as, if not more dangerous but people don't know about it and you can explain it and give them a good view of it. There is no helping Street Racing, it will always be thought of as dangerous and therefore the cops will bust you or any of your friends that look like Street Racers. Same will go with Drifting if mainstream opinion is tainted.

Now ask that person what they think of and associate with Street Racing and the Import Scene in general. I bet you will hear something along the lines of "Young punks in them ying yang cars with the loud mufflers and blaring all that loud music sipping in and out of traffic like idiots" or you may get something that involves drugs, drop outs, fighting or any number of different yet equally stupid things that follows that lifestyle. Why? Because that is the pre-conceived opinion that everyone has about it. Punk kids zingin all over in traffic and being a nuisance.

Drifting isn't a part of that yet. There are none if any Drifting related deaths, no bad articles in the local papers, the cars are different, they are harder to spot and most of the people that do it are a calculating bunch. But, start associating Drifting with the already disliked Import Scene in events, marketing, culture, advertising and what not and Drifting will go the exact same way as Import Drag Racing. You will get a new crop of people who are not into it for the sport or the betterment of driving skills. You will get the Idiot Posers as Slide described them. People who come to the event for the sound off, see Drifting and decide to jump on that train. They then get a car, go out, jack a spot and kill either themselves, a passenger or a bystander. Then guess what, Cops are all over Drifters as the next "Import Monster Epidemic". Drifters will be targetted, harrassed, arrested, cars will be impounded, crushed and Drift specific legislature will come down. But see, the people, the sponsers will have long gone by this time leaving the enthusiasts holding the bag.

So it all boils down to this, you either like it or you don't. Forum arguements will go on forever. I don't like it but that's just me. No-ones opinion is wrong or right. It's just that, an opinion. What the people in charge do with that is up to them but I see no light in the tunnel. Money wins out everytime, integrity will be sacrificed, the train keeps on moving and the sport gets crushed under the wheels. Then it burns out and people move on leaving a shattered image and loads of spare parts floating around for cheap. Not everything is bad with over commercialization you know.
    Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 10-19-2004, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Guys, everyone take a deep breath.

This is not a Formula D event. This is a video game launch party. They would be doing this with or without us. Luckily we are involved and we got to have our drivers involved and hopefully some of them can gain exposure to help them acquire sponsors for the series next year. One of them will win 10k or a new Z. This is a dream opportunity for many people.

This is a made for TV event and not something we are trying to make what FD is. Besides the drifting doesn't change. People are still drifting their cars they way they always did before. The drifting format is not changing. We stand by our decision to be a part of this. This does not devalue drifting or take away it's "core" value.

But come on we of course expected some bitching. I mean Snoop Dogg, Spike TV, real $$ and a new car. That's way too commercial for drifting.

Comment

The people that don't drive always complains. I know Im not, this is what we wanted. We wanted more events, so here it is.

People will always be blind. Anything that is hip will get jip.

-Al

Comment

I've wasted enough words on these pathetic comments how is.

Comment

i drift my moms accord

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
              I've wasted enough words on these pathetic comments how is.
              You, my man, speaks the truth.

-Al

Comment

Wow, awesome, I ask a simple question, and you guys freak out. I simply asked for people that support it to post up because I want to see what they have to say. BooZTT and Swifty... obviously you have some sort of stick up your arse like I was attacking you guys or something. Chill out man, damn. It's amazing how you guys go right to attacking me personally. I guess you all speak for Formula D whenever I post because it seems every time you guys reply.

I posted because people called me up and asked me to check out this thread. I asked a QUESTION... did I attack someone? Did I say "this farking suxors" or something stupid like that? I don't believe so. The only person that answered my question was Slide. You are right, there are people bitching that don't know how racing works, but you can't say that about me, I was involved in "racing". You guys keep replying, "why don't you do something about it and do what your name says" umm... do I have enough money? Do I have enough time? NO. I have bills to pay, I don't do this for a living. Driving is a side thing for me as it is with a lot of people on here. I do what my name says, I drive, and I haven't posted anything in months so, I think I am true to it.

Referring to the loss of friends, the only ones I lost were drivers from the series. Unfortunately my stance on things is not their stance and that is fine. I will not change my opinion just to make people happy, that's not me.

Good luck to all drivers (drifting, roadrace, jgtc, whatever) I never said ANYTHING about the drivers. Anyways, since anytime I post I get attacked by the same people, I wont post anymore.

It's raining, there are parking lots to visit...
                Last edited by STFUAD; 10-20-2004, 12:04 AM.

Comment

too all those people saying ohhhh why do you care..... HERES WHY : because showing drifting to all these meatheads is gonna make a bunch of tards drift that will make it hot for everyone. From what ive been hearing cops allready know about drifting in socal. Here in norcal they really arent on to it and i'd like to see it stay that way, but wtvr its gonna get blown up and all these retards driving ff's are gonna crash, all the 240's and ae86's are gonna get bought up and the scene is gonna suck *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. but hey as long as we having events *Censored**Censored**Censored* as they are yay for formula d, ea or whoever stupid *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*s are responsible for this event.

Comment

why is everyone so hostile to all the newbies? myself included, i dont even have a car to drift with yet but im planning on getting one real soon now but all of you guys that have been involved in the "scene" for some time now just reak of elitism or something.. jeez I just want to get a damm rwd car and goto driftdays

Comment

Originally posted by dae
                      too all those people saying ohhhh why do you care..... HERES WHY : because showing drifting to all these meatheads is gonna make a bunch of tards drift that will make it hot for everyone. From what ive been hearing cops allready know about drifting in socal. Here in norcal they really arent on to it and i'd like to see it stay that way, but wtvr its gonna get blown up and all these retards driving ff's are gonna crash, all the 240's and ae86's are gonna get bought up and the scene is gonna suck *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. but hey as long as we having events *Censored**Censored**Censored* as they are yay for formula d, ea or whoever stupid *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*s are responsible for this event.
                      Attn: Everyone! He invented DRIFTING!

Damn e-tards.

-Al

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDragon871
                        yair your my boy and all but what the f*ck are you talking about. who cares, snoop is just thier to perform a concert you think hes going to think hard about drifting, hes most likely going to watch it for a bit since it is entertaining and leave.

haha its ok, man, jsut check like 3 posts above yours... that matter was already settled.

lol will he watch it? or smoke...

OMG WHAT TO DRIFTING AND SNOOP HAVE IN COMMON: SMOKE HAHAHAHA just from different places. just came up with that one lol

Comment

damn the five star members

:werd:

Originally posted by lagcisco
                          why is everyone so hostile to all the newbies? myself included, i dont even have a car to drift with yet but im planning on getting one real soon now but all of you guys that have been involved in the "scene" for some time now just reak of elitism or something.. jeez I just want to get a damm rwd car and goto driftdays

Comment

Originally posted by variant
                            damn the five star members

:werd:
                            LOL Colin.

I should search for that post.

:werdmang:

-Al

Comment

BTTS, STFUAD. If you already know then this shouldn't bother you

Comment

I'm split about the whole deal. For some drifters it's good, some it's bad.

For the participants of Formula D, it's a good deal. The drivers seem to like the way they do things so that has to count for something. They are the ones out there risking their necks for our entertainment. In a way, Formula D is taking money out of ricers' hands and putting it in drifters' pockets. The sport gets more exposure and finally drifters can make some money. Most people here would dream about being paid to drift, and without sponsors that woudn't happen. IMHO, sponsorships are ok as long as it's automotive related, but as soon you start painting Spongebob Squarepants or pink ribbons on racecars (like Nascar), then it's over the line. So there is a good side to Snoop Dog drawing crowds, as much as I hate to admit it.

Now here's the bad part: only those who have enough money or have a buttload of talent get the benefits. The other 90% of us who have to practice our a$$ses off to get decent or don't have a lot of cash are the ones that get left out in the cold. It's like the promoters are turning a deaf ear to the true fans of the sport in order to make money, not caring if those same true fans of the sport have to witness their favorite touges getting overrun by Civics and drift ganstaz that think spinners and widebody kits with stock motors are cool.

Even if or when it does happen, you still dont' have to give up your ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X