Originally posted by SidewaysGts
    Did someone bring tea and not tell me?!
    '

No. Tea is the ONLY thing missing

Comment

Well as long as im not left out, har this so isnt spam

Comment

Originally posted by Buddyworm
        Here's the plan, scrap the 240 idea, buy a CRX, shove a bottle of NAWS up it's arse then drift that. I saw on TV some guy claims to hit 300+ hp with under 3 grand. Then you can do mountain runs and "get sideways", which is a racing technique to help increase your speed. Then take the phat CRX to a NOPI convention and impress the ladies with phat front wheel burnouts.

B-Wurm
        Sir, I aspire to be like you in every way. But seriously, 240drifter or whatever your name is, if you don't even know how to build it up, theres no way in hell you know you know how to handle it. Talk is easy, get a car first, or a license for that matter.

Comment

I had dreams once when i was young, wanting a rx7 pushin 600 hp its great to dream, but live by your means not with hopes and dreams. one day they will come true. just not now

Comment

OKay, let me chime in here-

240drifter, handling a 500hp car is not a walk in the park. I know you think you can handle it, but trust me, it will bite you in the *Censored**Censored**Censored* if you aren't careful. I'm not jsut saying this either as I helped build a 503rwhp 331ci SN95 Mustang, and that car was a monster. I've been racing AutoX for years, and I do Open Track events when I can, so I can say with a fair level of confidence that I have very good car control. Knowing that, I still found that Mustang to be an absolute handful. With your lack of experience and driver's training, you will have a hell of a time with a 500hp car, regardless of the make. One thing you will have to remeber with a 240 is that since it is turbo charged (the Mustang I built was blown), you will have to contend with a huge amount of lag due to the size of the turbo. We're not talking great throttle response here, we're talking wait...wait...wait...sudden smoking tires.

To build the car is going to cost you quite a bit of money and time. Someone already listed the parts you will need, so take that in to consideration before jumping feet first into this project. There are people, like Enthalpy on Fresh Alloy, who have put out 500+rwhp on stock bottom ended SR20DET's, but that wasn't without a LOT of research, tuning, and money. Enthalpy's car was very reliable for a long time as well, but he has since torn in down to rebuild it for even more power and reliability.

If you have the money, knock yourself out. I would highly recommend tightening the nut behind the wheel first though.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaggorri
              OKay, let me chime in here-

240drifter, handling a 500hp car is not a walk in the park. I know you think you can handle it, but trust me, it will bite you in the *Censored**Censored**Censored* if you aren't careful. I'm not jsut saying this either as I helped build a 503rwhp 331ci SN95 Mustang, and that car was a monster. I've been racing AutoX for years, and I do Open Track events when I can, so I can say with a fair level of confidence that I have very good car control. Knowing that, I still found that Mustang to be an absolute handful. With your lack of experience and driver's training, you will have a hell of a time with a 500hp car, regardless of the make. One thing you will have to remeber with a 240 is that since it is turbo charged (the Mustang I built was blown), you will have to contend with a huge amount of lag due to the size of the turbo. We're not talking great throttle response here, we're talking wait...wait...wait...sudden smoking tires.

To build the car is going to cost you quite a bit of money and time. Someone already listed the parts you will need, so take that in to consideration before jumping feet first into this project. There are people, like Enthalpy on Fresh Alloy, who have put out 500+rwhp on stock bottom ended SR20DET's, but that wasn't without a LOT of research, tuning, and money. Enthalpy's car was very reliable for a long time as well, but he has since torn in down to rebuild it for even more power and reliability.

If you have the money, knock yourself out. I would highly recommend tightening the nut behind the wheel first though.

Good luck.
              finally, the voice of reasoning

Comment

heres a plan, 1) go buy a mid-90's corolla,2) go to autozone, and tell the manager to "pimp your ride",3) try and drift it and die,4) god kicks your *Censored**Censored**Censored* outta heaven for being such a moron, and continues watching Option. trust me, i've had my liscense for two years, i can't drift or grip very well at all, and i can barely ride in 600whp cars. Judging by the fact that i could definetly outdrive you, stick to a car more your pace, like an accord or a geo storm.
                Last edited by Ziptyed; 01-24-2005, 03:23 PM.

Comment

500-600hp car you want as your first?!?!?!
                  Jesus, I thought it was one hell of a thrill the first time I was riding shotgun in stock N/A KA24DE, then me driving the car just felt amazing...
                  You can spin out in a 150hp car your first few times.. At the MOST start out with just a stock SR20DET, trust me everyone wants to be badass at school and show off your car, but YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO HANDLE IT. Maybe dragging, but never drifting. With the size of the Turbo you would have to have, it would feel like you were being hit by semi-truck when ever the turbo FINALLY spooled up. And I stress FINALLY becuase your turbo LAG(time till turbo spools up) would be HUGE with such a large turbocharger needed to access that kind of power. Stick with the stock 240 trust me you will have plenty of fun.

Comment

look kid i had a 1990 240 with aprox 270 hp. dampers coilovers carbon hood n bumper n trunk. that was scary, especially when i went to portland and booked it threw the west hills. (tight turns, up hill, down hill, rain) you should desire a well balanced car thats reliable and comfortable for the 400 mile trips to a car show. TO ALL THOSE WITH GOOD FAB SKILLS: FIT A AUDI SEAT IN YOUR CAR!!

Comment

hes not responding...

lol, i think you guys owned him

Comment

*Gets some popcorn and Dr.Pepper*

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325e30
                          hes not responding...

lol, i think you guys owned him
                          or he got his 95 or newer non-exsisting car up to 600hp and wrapped himself around a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by frictionfighter
                            or he got his 95 or newer non-exsisting car up to 600hp and wrapped himself around a pole.
                            If it really did happen and we somehow found out, that would be insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Crabapple
                              If it really did happen and we somehow found out, that would be insane.
                              yeah, then id become a fortune teller. bling bling

Comment

Originally posted by frictionfighter
                                yeah, then id become a fortune teller. bling bling
                                heh, Don't really have to have the ability to become one though

Comment

Working...
                                X