SR20DET Head Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR20DET Head Problem

Hey can i use all the things in a fwd sr20det head like the cam shaft, valve springs, into a rwd sr20det head????thnks

i may be mistaken but the cams in the sr20de are ground different degrees than their turbo counterparts.

Comment

You can use anything you want but you need to retain your cam gear for the exhaust cam so you can put your distributor on and that is about it. They heads are much different so you can't, easily, use the fwd head.

Comment

I wouldnt do that. Remember the compression ratio is different for the turbo and non-turbo, making you most likely run too rich. If you want a really good parts to put in a rwd sr20. Look no furthur than a sr20 Pulsar gtir (i love the quad throttle bodies). Though i do not think that there are any gtirs in the USA. Too bad, its a really good car.
        Last edited by Takahashi_Drift; 01-31-2005, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Takahashi_Drift
          I wouldnt do that. Remember the compression ratio is different for the turbo and non-turbo, making you most likely run too rich. If you want a really good parts to put in a rwd sr20. Look no furthur than a sr20 Pulsar gtir (i love the quad throttle bodies). Though i do not think that there are any gtirs in the USA. Too bad, its a really good car.

People a GTIR is what he is talking about. he is not talking about running SR20DET head parts in a SR20DE. He asked if you can run parts from a FWD SR20DET (GTIR) in a RWD SR20DET(180SX, Silvia)

Comment

why dont you just use the hole head fromt the fwd, this will allow you to run the quad throttles from the gtir. from memery the fwd head is different to the rwd. but im not 100% on weather the cams and valves will fit, im pretty sure they will as they are both redtop sr20dets

Comment

Working...
            X