No announcement yet.

drifting issss faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...A driver can drive however he wants to...what if he uses grip driving and drifting? Wouldn't he be performing better then the other opponent who uses one technique?

Each turn can be executed or be travelled on with different techniques and styles it depends on the driver to know what techique to use on what turn.. and in racing..the driver with his own tuned car and his own perfected style will do the best of his abilitiy and most likely win...

oh and Tak using his 86..would some times tap his car against the side railing since he was at such high speeds (...i dont doubt if anyones already tried this...i guess it'd be safe to say...often intimitated but never duplicated) doing so would help him straighten out his car and yes he was drifting and that is how he was able to beat the gt-r...and the guy driving the gt-r used grip driving..oh and it is a cartoon..

i probably just said alot of *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*..but i guess ill just have to see who responds to what i just said..::Shrug::

Comment

well which style is used in EVERY cup series then?

if i remember correctly the formula one guys use grip, and the rally guys use drift. maybe i misunderstood what you said?

Comment

...Once again I'm Embarassed...I geuss im being coinceited today and acting like i know too much...

Drifting VS Grip has been around forever... in the 1930's my grandpas midget driver, would slide the car into the corner sideways to keep speed, it is still used in WoO and Silver Crown. However NASCAR, IRL, CHAMP all use Grip. WRC and other Rally use Grip and Drift.

In Reality, Most drivers wont be able to do drifts that will be any faster then Grip.. Initial D is Irrealvant..because it is a anime. Also remeber that the drifting used in all those are nothing like the show drifts you see at drifting comps.. Welps I hope that made me less an asshole

Comment

did i say something wrong?

Comment

If Both drivers have the exact same skill level grip will always win. Period.

Too bad that's impossible

Comment

And here we have another useless thread that will degenerate into uselessness.

VRD I fell out of my chair. Thanks I needed that one.

Nightwalker. You are 100% right on the nail on that post. Thank you.

As for Drifting, try it on the roads I run and soon as you break traction you go out of your lane and you're dead. On tight, super twisty mountain roads I don't possibly see how Drifting is faster, certainly not safer. Especially with oncoming traffic. No way no how. Anyone wanna test that? Come to the Dragons tail and we can test the theory. It would be a learning experience for us all. We can even tape it. I got a Touge crew and we can roll.

Comment

^ BUT TAKUMI DOES IT!

Comment

If drifting was faster then grip, then everyone would be drifting when racing wouldnt they?......................Over steer is not a new development, when driving competitively your correcting constantly to fight oversteer so that you can be faster.

Comment

...play some gt3..you'll figure it out go to the timed runs...oh..and pick the last timed run with the Porsche that they make you drive...see how it is when you attempt to drift

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth

Anyone wanna test that? Come to the Dragons tail and we can test the theory. It would be a learning experience for us all. We can even tape it. I got a Touge crew and we can roll.
                      Your on...lol j/p. I want to try the dragons tail, I want to plan a trip up there this summer.

Comment

God I hate this forum sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by sobe
                          ...play some gt3..you'll figure it out go to the timed runs...oh..and pick the last timed run with the Porsche that they make you drive...see how it is when you attempt to drift
                          how about you go drive in real life and see?

Comment

Cunfusious Say:

Tire Rolling always faster than tire Sliding....

End of story

Latre (With French Accent!!)
                            Attached Files

Comment

I'd bet drifting can be used so someone won't pass you in a turn. It's still slower but they can't drive straight through you! They might even get scared and brake a little too hard losing advantage.

Comment

True i'm sure of that. But better not try that on a track in a race cause that will be the last corner you are ahead of them.

Drifting on the street in a race is pretty crazed as well. Not only do you endager your life but the other persons life who was just trying to pass you and anyone watching.

Fun stuff though just be smart about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X