hey everyone, some quick questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey everyone, some quick questions

hey everyone im kenny first of all, and i lost my other account, but i have some questions on a 240sx.
    i herd that an s13 s14 and s15 are all 240sx just the only difference is the body style, other then that its the same.
    but i also herd a nissan silvia is an s15, im really confused can someone help me out. thanks

Google. There's lots of info on the different platforms.

Comment

Well, first off, you need to understand that Japanese companies love to rename their cars when exporting them. So, technically any 240sx started life as a Silvia. Plus, Nissan has done some strange naming. Also remember that the JDM cars used the CA18 and SR20 through the years, while we were stuck with the KA24 in the USA.

Quick reference:
      Chassis Code - JDM Name - USDM Name
      S12 - Silvia 200sx (also sold as the Gazelle 3dr) - 200sx
      S13 - Silvia 180sx, Silvia 200sx - 240sx
      S14 -Silvia - 240sx
      S15 - Silvia - n/a (never sold in the USA)

*I believe the 200sx nomenclature was dropped in Japan, beginning with the S14
      ** Nissan reapplied the 200sx name to the FWD B14 (95-98 USDM 200sx/Sentra)

One last note- many people don't consider a 240sx to be a true Silvia unless it's right hand drive and using the JDM powerplant. I, like many others, disagree with this. Simply because the driving position and engine are changed- doesn't change the rest of the car- including the chassis. The choice is yours. Either way- calling ANY of the S-platform cars a Silvia is correct.

Comment

Working...
      X