No announcement yet.

drifting issss faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill make this easy for any noobs out there who watch ID and dont know how to drive. Grip is faster then drift, drift is faster then grip. On specific turns gripping through it will be faster, on others drifting through it will be faster. I speak from personal experience, vast information i have collected, and a few cideos ive found (those ae harder to find). The pure grip drivers out there can complain that drifting will eat your tires, this is true. but theres always two sides to a story, you dont have to drift through every turn, and your probably only going to kill your back tires anyways since your using your front to grip. I only race suicide runs, so there are no laps where losing tread on your tires will hurt much (suicide btw, is how my group refers to downhill races). anyways im rambling on bottom line, You want to be faster you need to use both, no other way around it. keep yourself busy and read this, which btw isnt full ot theories but cold, hard, facts.

http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20t...ft%20style.htm

Ill post more if some of you have a hrd time getting it through your skull (especialy those of you with no licenses yet)

Comment

Stop the fairy tales. How is it that not one proven driver has come in here and argued for the drifting side? So far a professional driver has said grip is faster then drift right? Why arent there any other people with substantial driving experience in here saying that drifting is faster then grip? Why not? Because children are defending this idea. People that are experienceless are defending this idea. People who only watch videos are defending this idea, what drivers have defended this idea that drifting is faster then grip? You guys say drift, but it does seem like you mean cases of rotation or very minute oversteer, which is definately not drifting.

time for fukin sleep...

Comment

A pure grip driver agasint a pure drift driver will win. All i was tryign to point out is you can decrease your run time a little by drifting SOME (emphasis on some) of the turns, and im not talking "mild oversteer" (which would still be a drift by the way.. a drift is the process of changign a cars direction durign a turn, plain and simple). If your running alone, drifting isnt always the best idea either, but if your racing being good at drifting can definetley help you win. It gives you more option and a good blocking potential if done right (ive been known for both). Anwyays bottom line, all im saying if you wanna be the fastest its not one or the other, its both (though sadly it IS mostly grip)

Comment

im not talking "mild oversteer" (which would still be a drift by the way.. a drift is the process of changign a cars direction durign a turn, plain and simple)
          So if im in the middle of a right hand turn, and i turn the steering wheel left am i drifting?....Thats what you were saying right?
          minute over steer caused by lets say trail braking wouldnt be drifting either. Ohwell, i dont have anything to learn here so im done with this thread.

Comment

If your tires are facing one way, and your cars going another, no matter how minute, that is considered a drift (excuse the typos getting used to a split keyboard sucks! )

Comment

Once again to try and squash any flaming. Drip vs Grip has been around since the time of the Dinosaurs. You cannot and will not be able to determine which is faster. My advice to you all is use them both. By taking the pebble from both hands, you will become a driving Ninja.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                Once again to try and squash any flaming. Drip vs Grip has been around since the time of the Dinosaurs. You cannot and will not be able to determine which is faster. My advice to you all is use them both. By taking the pebble from both hands, you will become a driving Ninja.

hahaha. master splinter..

Comment

Please follow the forum rules or your account will be deleted.

DRIFTING.com (FAQ Sheet) Please Read
                  http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=2101

Comment

I didnt flame did I :-\?... *scratcehs head and looks around* but either way- I agree, use both and ull pwn (force of habbit)

Comment

scratches... *curses split keyboard once again*

Comment

Drifting v.s Grip.

Drifting is faster when there is alot of turns or sharp turn.

Grip is faster when there is wide turn.

That is my opinion.

Comment

Nah, it's more like this.

Grip is faster when you have the traction.

Comment

Last edited by fdvash; 05-23-2004, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turb
                              Nah, it's more like this.

Grip is faster when you have the traction.

This is true, grip is always faster then drifting if you got the grip to do it, but cars have to obey the laws of the universe as we know em, all im saying is in the turns where your car doesnt have that grip then drift -CAN- (emphasis on the can) be faster. But american roads arent usually degined like that, and until they are grip will be faster for the most part

Comment

I think a lot of people in this thread are argueing apples and oranges.

In timed driving on a road with "ideal conditions" (no debris, gravel, wet pateches, etc.), a professional grip driver will be faster than a professional drift driver. Especially if they're not racing at the same time. A faster exiting speed because of an ideal line overall will have a faster time. We're not talking about 3 or 4 turns.

There are so many more variables in touge, street driving, etc that come into account. Some dirvers suck, sometimes there's debris, sometimes whatever.

Im sure you guys know who UEO is. Hes a champ at grip also.

Comment

Working...
                                X