Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much hand brake does everyone use

Another dumb question....

How many people here use the E brake to initiate their drifts? I am trying to learn how to feint drift, but it is a B""tch!! Does anyone have any advice?

Dave Tanks Again,

Dave

what kind of car do you use?
    In my rx7 before my coilovers and camber plates i'd brake into a turn and counter to get the tail to swing out, but with my current setup, shift the weight slightly and then power into a turn to initiate the drift. Once ive gotten sideways, you can swing the tail the other way by lifting off the gas, (the tail will snap back faster and more dramatically, the faster you get off the gas (basically however fast your transfering weight back to the steering wheels)). As the car rotates i would unwind the wheel, counter a bit while getting back on the gas and shifting the weight back to the rear (its kind of hard to describe since its more of a natural reaction with the steering and everything). I dunno thats just my experience. Hope that helps somewhat.

Comment

if you have trouble transfering the weight use the brakes when youre trying to change direction. like, go from gas to brakes to gas as fast as possible. the car turns much easier when the weight is on the front wheels, and going from the front to the rear will help to upset traction and break the rear loose.

of course you can always use the ebrake like you were saying. i dont really use the ebrake to change directions unless my car starts to understeer badly, but s14 usually doesnt have a problem with that. i like to use the ebrake for j-turns. and 180's, but thats just about it. it wont work right for you unless you depress the clutch simultaneously to your yanking it

Comment

I only use it during a slide to counter understeer (if it happens).

Comment

how do you ebrake with an automatic? i was discussing it with warren and he said you kick it into neutral to pull the handbrake and then back into drive after you let it drop. also do you have one with the hand or is it one of those stupid foot ones? i've seen people kick the foot ones twice but it seems o funny to do that to me. i guess if you dont have a clutch you need something for your left foot to do...

Comment

i used to alot. i'd feint out barely, steer in. E just enough to break er loose, counter, and power her out of the corner. now i'm tryin some of the stuff the kang duz in drift bible with alittle luck

Comment

Working...
            X