Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just getting started

Hey everyone!
    just introducing myself as a beginner drifter. I don't have a car yet, but i agree that the 240sx would be the perfect starting car. i am also considering an MK3 supra just because i have a neighbor who has one and he could potentially help me out with the tuning. My current problems are 1) I have been doing research on those cars yet i still don't have a strong grasp of the exact price range i am looking at. Is trying to find a car with no mechanical problems for under $2000 crazy or am i on the right track by looking for that? I am sure there are plenty of you guys with 240's and if you could tell me how much you got your cars for, that would help a lot. 2) funds to actually begin this hobby!
    anyways, i hope to learn a lot from you all and possibly make this dream a reality in the near future.

The price range will limit the year range of available rwd cars. Also, most cars in stock form do not drift happily, so expect some investment towards upgrades beyond the cost of the car. You want to be able to tune the car to behave correctly.

You may be more limited by availability then anything else.

Comment

If you have approx. $2k, you're going to be getting an older car. So what right? Just remember that older cars will have more problems that will need to be fixed before going drifting. Rust is also a big problem. Just be sure you're getting a nice car before planning on any work.

The Mk3 Supra is one of my favorite RWD Japanese cars. It's biggest downfall is it's weight. For the amount of power the 7MGE puts out- it's too heavy. Plan on taking out some weight, installing a turbo, or swapping in a 1JZ or 2JZ (but that's another topic).

You will need to make sure the clutch, LSD, steering and brakes are working properly.

Comment

Working...
      X