My Fellow FC drifters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Fellow FC drifters.

I would like to start this thread for all the tech discussion regarding our FC's.

Also that could give us an idea on good mods, which brings us to my point.

I currently have an 1988 RX7 SE (N/A)
    I would like to know other FC's mod and their opinions about the product, so i could make a decision on what to get.

Thanks.

I think this will help us all

ask your questions, first though get rear toe elimanitors, that will make a big different, then LSD then coilovers, oh and for engine, full exhaust should free up some hp and it will be really really loud
    Attached Files

Comment

Lets start with Suspension first?

What product have you used for a whole suspension set up (including strut towers)?

Or what do you recommend of using?

Comment

i've got KYB GR2 struts and an Arospeed strut tower brace. Havent had a chance to drift it yet due to nowhere to drift but it handles like a dream.

Comment

Any coilover system is good (tein He's, JIC, silkroad's) Try to find one that is a inverted monotube, tein HE's arent but are still great,any strut bar will do, no strut is better then the next or atleast a noticable difference

Comment

Cool.
            I was thinking of getting JIC FTLA inverted monotube. But the whole kit is $1650.00 Got quoted on it.
            But Ill see my other options.

Now lets move to Ignition systems.

HKS Twin Rotary ignition system. Very expensive ($540.00) any other product out there to amplify the sparks?

Comment

Before you start modding make sure to do full tune up.(coolant flush,fuel filter, change belts that are bad, ect...)For reliability I recommend upgrading your radiator and getting a oil thermal bypass pellet. And before you start modding the suspension, get used to the way the car handles stock, see what it likes and dislikes. When you're use to the car then you can mod the hell out of it.
              For power upgrades get a header and do full exhaust, port your intake manifold, if you live in warmer climates do th TB mod. you shouldn't have to worry about your ignition system unless a coil is bad or something. get an LSD from another n/a model 'cause a TII wont work unless you swap the whole TII drivetrain. also get clutch and flywheel. For suspension get the toe eliminators, coilovers, sway bars ect... and for more steering travel either mod your steering knuckle or get spacers for yor tie rods. Since you have the base which is 4 lug and single piston calipers, you are going to want to swap to 5 lug do to the fact that GXL, GTU, and TII came with 4 piston calipers.

Comment

Originally posted by theflatlander
                Before you start modding make sure to do full tune up.(coolant flush,fuel filter, change belts that are bad, ect...)For reliability I recommend upgrading your radiator and getting a oil thermal bypass pellet. And before you start modding the suspension, get used to the way the car handles stock, see what it likes and dislikes..
                Need to stop you here Chief. I had my car for a while now. I know how to maintain her. I know her in and out. I know how she handles, etc. Im in the next step of evolution with her. Thats why im looking for PRODUCTS and Opinions about the products.

Thanks for letting me know what i need and not need (sarcasm).

Again folks.. PRODUCTS and Opinions.
                im not a newbie folks
                Thanks.

Comment

Im going with Tein HE's ($1200) also get rear camber links along with the toe elims.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo23
                    Im going with Tein HE's ($1200) also get rear camber links along with the toe elims.
                    Where did you get quoted at?
                    If you already have it installed, where did you buy it?

Also, hows the handle?

Thanks.

Comment

the rear suspension components from mazdatrix are good, inexpensive and readily available

Comment

what tires are best for the fc? and what size?

Comment

everyone always says go with really shitty tires, but FC's tend to snap back very hard, so i would go with a decent tire, like yokohama avs es100's. They are $83 a pop at www.tirerack.com, but thats all depending on the amount of money you are willing to sacrifice on tires, but since most people are learning, crap tires on the back should be fine, size doesnt really matter, but like if your running like 265 on thw back, that would be harder to break loose, i run 225, thats cause i run stock wheels, and i dont have a problem getting them loose when im sideways

Comment

I have an N/A 87 FC, I put KYB AGX's on with Suspension Tech's springs. I forget the price but its a good set-up for the price. Front and rear Cusco strut tower bars( dayum, 240 a pop!, but I have something Cusco, so I'm cool now )
                            I then had polyurethane bushings put in with a toe steer elim. Oh yeah, and this is all on an 88's TII tranny, shaft, and diff.
                            Anyways, I had a lot of drift time with just the struts, springs and sturt bars, I had two days of drifting after I put everthing else on, and lost an apex seal in the rear rotor. SUCKS!!
                            Tires? I forget exactly what size Im runnin right now... Theyre 15" Toyos, but thats all I know right now. Anyone have use with Azenis? I wanna try some out!!
                            All in all,this setup felt pretty good for the money, just wish that I had more time to drift it!!
                            Now just to get my "D" fix, I throw my 929 around corners! 4500lbs comin at cha!!
                            Last edited by eFINI_FC; 12-08-2003, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eFINI_FC
                              I have an N/A 87 FC, I put KYB AGX's on with Suspension Tech's springs. I forget the price but its a good set-up for the price. Front and rear Cusco strut tower bars( dayum, 240 a pop!, but I have something Cusco, so I'm cool now )
                              I then had polyurethane bushings put in with a toe steer elim. Oh yeah, and this is all on an 88's TII tranny, shaft, and diff.
                              Anyways, I had a lot of drift time with just the struts, springs and sturt bars, I had two days of drifting after I put everthing else on, and lost an apex seal in the rear rotor. SUCKS!!
                              Tires? I forget exactly what size Im runnin right now... Theyre 15" Toyos, but thats all I know right now. Anyone have use with Azenis? I wanna try some out!!
                              All in all,this setup felt pretty good for the money, just wish that I had more time to drift it!!
                              Now just to get my "D" fix, I throw my 929 around corners! 4500lbs comin at cha!!
                              nice setup. I hope you get your FC back. i have an 88 SE N/A stock, keeping the car together ya know.

anyways.. I've researched and got quoted on some JIC Magic suspension, they're pretty expensive. But I want to hear some comments about this product.

Im leaning towards either:

JIC Magic FTL-A2 or

JIC Magic SF-1

anybody used this suspension before?

Now, on my own research, this two are hella light! i mean crazy light. Since they're inverted Monotube they're pretty strong and LIGHT!

oh yeah. JIC Strut Bar just want to keep everything the same. Besides, i checked on the struts, they're pretty stiff and light.

ANY COMMENTS?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X