No announcement yet.

NISSAN sentra drift car!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pulsar GTi-R swap is an SR20DET and that is the IMO one of the hottest swap someone can get for a sentra. I heard that it has ITBs with a T28 turbo. Can you say hot?

Comment

Originally posted by NismoSigma
      HOLY CRAP. Those old Sentra SE-R editions, the rectangle bodied ones, just look like really simple and nice cars. You wanna stick an SR20 in it, all i can say go for it. It sounds awesome but actually carrying the project out should prove to be more than a challenge. Just ask some of the 'Wiser' people on the board about what your doing and I bet theyll happily post theyre feedback. Good Luck!

PS- Can we get some pics!?!
      the se-r's already have sr20s in them, sr20de. i say get a rwd tranny and you are set, accept for all the other things you are gunna have problems with, but im sure if you want to do it bad enough it will be done, goodluck!!

Comment

What i was speaking of was the fact that the SR20DE and DET very diffrent. FWD and RWD, you just cant stick a RWD tranny on it. In a sense a completly diffrent motor with the same code. As for the people who suggest to go into diffrent directions, that all good and all and you would save money, but uniqueness is what its all about!
        Last edited by NismoSigma; 12-10-2004, 01:12 PM.

Comment

lots and lots of fabrication. if you seen this show, its called tuner transformation and they made a paseo rwd and a drift car with a old toyota truck motor, it was tons and tons and tons of fabricating, i noticed that because when they took the car from the kid, he was bald and when he got it back he quite a bit of hair.

Comment

Originally posted by s13daver
            it was tons and tons and tons of fabricating, i noticed that because when they took the car from the kid, he was bald and when he got it back he quite a bit of hair. [/B]
            thats true i didnt notice that earlier .. that must have been alot of work-- too bad we never really got to see it on the open drift track.. i wanted to see how that worked out

Comment

let me guess. you own a 91 sentra and think it will be cheaper to make it rwd yourself. it wont.

Comment

Lol. Good one.

Comment

Originally posted by s13daver
                  lots and lots of fabrication. if you seen this show, its called tuner transformation and they made a paseo rwd and a drift car with a old toyota truck motor, it was tons and tons and tons of fabricating, i noticed that because when they took the car from the kid, he was bald and when he got it back he quite a bit of hair.
                  thats what gave me the idea.
                  i no it will be alot of work and will prolly cost me 3k before its running and another 3k to get it drifting, but once it is.......
                  hope fully daytona or PC will be doing some drift comps soon, and i would love to see the look on a dudes face who sees me slide around a turn just after he raggs on me and my car, and my being an idiot for trying to enter a FF car into a drift. Can you say
                  WHUUUAAA?!?!

Comment

Yea 6k if you do your own fab work. To get it done right, I would venture to say10k with engine price and labor. Thats a VERY large and VERY long process if you don't have a machine shop. Doubt you will ever finish it. Just too big a project.

Comment

hmm sure make it sound easy...I bet 100 George Washingtons, that it wont happen for under $6k.

Comment

wheres the support, if he truly beleives it can be done then it shall be done. all the power to ya man!!!!

Comment

it can be done. but unless you have done similar types of heavy fabrication work in the past, it will take 5X as long and cost 10X as much as you expected... i would suguest gettin a car that is easy to set up and maintain for drifting. then practice on building your driver skills instead. then you can impress the crowd with your skill rather than your car.

Comment

wheres the support, if he truly beleives it can be done then it shall be done. all the power to ya man!!!!
                            I believe I can become the next James Bond but seriously doubt its gonna happen.

You can do all the fabwork in the world and build the baddest car on the planet, but if you drive it out to a Drift event you had better be able to drive the crap out of it or i'll call it wasted time and energy. Sure a Sentra may be cool to slide in some circles but if a 17 year old noob comes out there in a primered 240 and beats you, all you have is a show car. Same reason I didn't take my car to Atlanta. I didn't enter the event and i'll be damned if I am gonna park my car at an event and pose. No way, no matter how much I think it looks cool, it's not a slider. I'll not be that guy.

People need to think too, the average person who puts all that time and effort into a car is more likely not to slide it. Plus you will never, ever get half the money out of it because in the end, it's a Sentra. Plain and simple.

Sounds like a lose lose situation to me. But if you want to do it, keep everyone posted.
                            Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 12-11-2004, 08:56 AM.

Comment

why waste your money on this. your gonna spend grip and in the end have something that still doesnt even drift good. you might as well just get a 240 and drop some cash in it and have something halfway decent.

Comment

well i tried, its this guys moeny and time not ours so let him do what he wants

Comment

Working...
                                X