Change Wheel Offset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Wheel Offset?

Hi... i have a 92 nissan rps-13 240sx with the 4-lug bolt pattern.... where can i find 4-lug rims with a lower offset to push the wheels all the way out to the corners... also i was going with 17x? how wide should i go? and what size tire? im only putting out 260-280hp for now also... what about wheel spacers? bad idea?
    thanks
    -Dustin
    Last edited by HoosierDrifter; 01-22-2005, 03:52 PM.

what exactly do you mean "push the wheels out to the corners"?

Comment

like that

Comment

u mean make em flush pretty much.

Comment

I think that'd be offset.

Comment

yes..very good, that would be offset... ANYWAY... where can i buy wheels with that kind of offset???!

Comment

You're running about double stock horsepower, yet you're still four-lug. Does this mean you haven't upgraded to a 300ZX braking system yet?

Switch to five-lug and upgrade the brakes to Z32 30mm aluminum calipers. You'll then have much greater freedom in the wheel department. On S13s, a 17x9 +11 with a 255/40R17 tire is pretty much the biggest combo you can run with stock fenders up front. Out back, I've seen 17x10 +25 with 255/40R17 fit.

Tire width up front and out back is usually personal preference.

Comment

i dont think you need 5 lug to get the z32 brakes on there.. i know two guys that just got some new z32 rotors and got them drilled..ppl are starting to make 4 lug wheels 5 zigen has a couple and they will fgive you the offset you want ..i think buddy club has wheels with different offsets and i knowthey have 4 lug too

Comment

all you need is some wheel spacers. Check ebay. They should have plenty. Good luck

Comment

first figure out how wide you want your rims. then you can look for the right offset to make the rims flush with the fenders

Comment

Working...
                    X