Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VQ 240SX S13 Swap

Sup chicks and dudes!

Ive had my 240 for a couple years now and it came time to build the thing, it did help that the single came starting misfiring and burning oil!

So some removing lines, harness connections all came to this

There's more than one way to take out a motor set!

Part of me is going to miss that motor.

So what is going in to take its place? SR? No. RB? No. LSx NO MANG! How about this...

How about a better shot, installed maybe?

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ilds/Body0.jpg

The VQ35DE was chosen for a few reasons. You can go to almost any local part store or dealership to get needed engine items for repair and service, being in California this may actually have a chance of passing the BAR examination, finally its just awesome. Going from a 140 crank HP to a 280(ish) crank HP will be a dramatic change, not only that the vehicle that the motor came from is a 1000LB heavier. Enjoy some pictures that where taken along the way.

What was once in is now out

Removed over 30 pounds of body wiring

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ilds/photo.jpg

AND put it back in...

With some trimming of someones mess of a airbox tray (Aka rusty holes drilled in it) the intake for the G35 fits.

Up next, wiring wiring wiring!

Aaron

Hell yes. Keep this thread updated.

Comment

Nice.... Yes, please update....

Comment

This is just a quick update, no pictures this round.

I received my Osiris cable at the end of the last week and my tune just before the shop I ordered from closed for the weekend. I did manage to repin the G35 ODB2 port and flash the ecu with the nats removed flash BUT I still am getting a p1610 code that has locked me out from starting. Need to work that up then it will be time for a video update!

Comment

So a quick update. I found that my ECU was still looking for the IPDM (Think non-serviceable relays on a fuse panel), with a few after market relays I was able to give the ECU what it was looking for and clear 3 codes from the computer. I attempted to start again but found that the battery I have installed is failing and not holding a charge. I plan on picking up a new battery tomorrow and try to start. Even with the failing battery you could hear the motor hitting! At least this is all a step in the right direction.

Thanks!

Aaron

Comment

Sounds good. Don't forget to snap some more pictures of what you're doing.

Comment

hey Aaron which mounts are you using? are you doing the wiring yourself?

thanks for the updates!

Comment

I am using mounts from SPD Metal Works for the motor and a custom trans mount that I had locally done. The wiring harness I am doing myself. I want to drive it sooner than later so I did have nats removed from the ecu but I plan on sorting out the wiring to run the bcm with security in the future.

Comment

What you (and I) have been waiting for! This is the first start of the project. Got a few bugs to work out but its awesome to hear it running for the first time. I removed the NATS system via a flash and did the wiring myself. I hope you enjoy!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y9YyOUKzDTc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Great combo! I'm actually helping a friend finish that same build. Your much further along than we are. Just curious what Final drive are you going to use?

Comment

For now the 240sx rear.

Comment

Working...
                      X