hm........$5000!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hm........$5000!

Today(12/9/04)...I got a call from Cal Grant(a college financial aid agency), telling me that I was approve for a grant for at least $5000! They said I had to use this money in a sensible way...Plus I was already going to college for free! So many cars and mods ran through my mind at the moment. I was so f'in happy! I didn't know how to describe it! It's like winning the lotto kinda...Anyway, I know better than to just waste away money like that, but I had just to tell someone!

Put it in the bank, then let it collect interest for 5000 years. Then go buy a lambo.

Comment

You making fun of my penis?! Hahaha jk...Nice joke...

Comment

hahaha,
        seriously though I would buy LSD(no not the drug)-unless you already have it. Then U should put the rest in the bank and let it grow with interest for like 1 year. And add a little to it every now and then. Then after a year you will have a little bit more money, then go blow it on whatever other performance parts you can find for your car-unless you dont have one, then buy one, heck buy two. Later I am going to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER-M
          hahaha,
          seriously though I would buy LSD(no not the drug)-unless you already have it. Then U should put the rest in the bank and let it grow with interest for like 1 year. And add a little to it every now and then. Then after a year you will have a little bit more money, then go blow it on whatever other performance parts you can find for your car-unless you dont have one, then buy one, heck buy two. Later I am going to bed.
          If your going to invest money do it in land or stocks if its in the bank you'll be lucky if it makes 100 dollars with how low intrest rates are right now

Comment

I would spend the money on things related to or helping me for school instead of being a two faced leech on a system that's set up to help people educate themselves and not to buy useless crap.

If you spend this money on mods, then I can honestly say I wish they gave it to someone who needed it and not you.

Comment

I would spend the money on things related to or helping me for school instead of being a two faced leech on a system that's set up to help people educate themselves and not to buy useless crap.
              definatly dude...education should be top priority. because in order to afford all the things you want in life, your gonna need an education. in the long run, it will help you. because in reality, you do get paid for going to school, because the more school you have, the more money you will make. now personally if i had 5gs i would make sure i took care of school related stuff 1st. i wont lie, i might buy one or 2 mods for my car. but nothing too expensive. just dont blow it cause like Parry said some other kid needed it more than you then.

Comment

Re: hm........$5000!

Originally posted by ShAkE DoWn
                Anyway, I know better than to just waste away money like that
                Oh, and how are you guys doing with you education; just curious, not flaming...

Comment

Well, I'm sure a bit of my student loans have already gone into Initial D Arcade Stage games, so...

But you shouldn't spend the state's money on your car.

Unless you feel like using the funding to help create a publication about tuner culture... ehehehe...

Comment

Actually GO BUY ALL THE TIRES YOU CAN. That is a good thing to have for drifting!

Comment

$5000? hmmmm... I would buy an HKS GT-RS turbo upgade.
                      Then use the rest to pay off whats left of my student loans

Comment

Originally posted by Parry

If you spend this money on mods, then I can honestly say I wish they gave it to someone who needed it and not you.
                        Again Parry hits the nail on the head. You spend it on mods and you're spending OUR tax dollars on your mods. Use it to cover living expenses while going to college, not to modify your car. It ISN'T the lottery, you ARE NOT free to spend it as you wish.

Comment

There is probably someone out there who didnt get to goto the college they wanted because they didnt get enough grant money. And here you are planning to use up some of that grant money on car stuff. Seems pretty inconsiderate to me. The same thing happened to me actually. Except I turned a govt grant down and let someone else have it because I got a sports scholarship that covered everything. Guess it all depends on what kind of character you have huh? But it didnt matter for me anyway because I lost that scholarship and was forced to drop out of college after one semester. I ended up going straight into the work force and found out that its not what you have, but what you know that can make you successfull.

Comment

Dude, how many times do I have to say it. I will not spend on stupid stuff(car mods) geesh.

"Anyway, I know better than to just waste away money like that, but I had just to tell someone!"

I quote this before and it was in the original post anyway, so quit accusing me of wasting your tax dollars. Most of you don't even pay taxes yet. In fact, I got some dental problem(braces) I need to take care of, so if this is good reason enough to have the money then I should have it, cuz I don't have an f'in health care plan for it.

Comment

Sorry I missed that part. Glad you did the right thing. Didnt even finish it and I was already shaking my head. I paid enough taxes last year to buy someone a new car so yeah the idea of people wasting it sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X