S13 w/ HICAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S13 w/ HICAS

Could someone help me on how HICAS would effect your drifting ability? I've looked at a few cars locally some with HICAS some without. Just needed pros/cons on using this system on an S13. Nice site, Bro of mine got me started on drfiting and pointed me here for tips.

Originally posted by Crabapple
    Could someone help me on how HICAS would effect your drifting ability? I've looked at a few cars locally some with HICAS some without. Just needed pros/cons on using this system on an S13. Nice site, Bro of mine got me started on drfiting and pointed me here for tips.
    It's bad, get rid of it. Basically its 4 wheel steering... I've never had to try drifting with it myself. But I imagine if you try any sort counter steer, it cause you to oversteer and correct its self.

Gees its such a F up system...but you get what I'm saying? Sorry I wish I could explain it better.

Darn...its been a long time since we actually got a decent question in here, I applaud you for doing the research.

Comment

Thanks for the info been looking for some information about your abilities to drift with it..just seems like an expensive option to me

Comment

Originally posted by Crabapple
        Thanks for the info been looking for some information about your abilities to drift with it..just seems like an expensive option to me
        Seriously its a waste of time...and if you ever want to get suspension, you'll have to find something that can word with HICAs, and that bumps up the price.

Comment

Or he could disable HICAS, but that required a HICAS stopper, which costs more. Also, the HICAS system adds something like 40lbs to the car's weight.

Comment

yea SUPER HICAS... i'm glad my 240 doesn't have that since it's a base model.

It's basically a 4 wheel steering system that supposedly rotates the rear tires very slightly depending on the turn you take.

Let's say your changing lanes or making a sharp turn... if your front tires turn left the HICAS system will sense the change in motion and rotate the rear tires to support the turn... to the right. basically, this is bad for drifting because you want the rear tires to experience friction-loss when it's spinning at a different angle then the direction of momentum. If the rear tires rotate to cope with this sudden change in angle... drifting becomes extremely difficult.

Comment

Working...
            X