Originally posted by StarShark
      possibly no one would really care.....
      I think that is the case my gts friend

Comment

Re: NOOO ARE YOU SERIOUS

Originally posted by TP | sil-beer
        i want some stock R32 GT-R wheels

WHYMOMMY WHY THEY GOTTA COST SO MUCHHH

Try Jarco.com they're constantly getting sets of R32 GT-R wheels and they usually go for like 150-200$ or less usually it's not a full set though so you might have to get 2 then wait then get another 2. The only problem is they're used so they may be dinged already and they only sell them on Ebay.

Comment

Are lighter wheels better? I mean i would think that it would be easier to get them spinning because there is less rotating mass. But maybe the heavier wheels have more momentum to keep them spinning for awhile into another drift. I dunno

Comment

Lighter wheels are better in every way. In fact, they have no downsides other than they're usually expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by 2years180sx
              Are lighter wheels better? I mean i would think that it would be easier to get them spinning because there is less rotating mass. But maybe the heavier wheels have more momentum to keep them spinning for awhile into another drift. I dunno
              haha no, the thing that keeps the wheels spinning is your right foot bud.

Comment

Originally posted by 2years180sx
                Heavier wheels take more power to turn,the lighter the easier it is to turn.Also,braking would be imporved because of less weight.Not that it would be anything big,but improvements nonetheless.

Comment

should realize that R32 wheels often look the same.. but they are different

magnes 8j
                  and
                  steel 7js

for a good set of 4 I have seen them for 600 bucks before.. but dings and chips are very common

Comment

I say it depends on two things. First are you drifting on your own personal income or are you sponsored. Second are you talking about front wheels or rear wheels.

If you are drifting on your own personal income then I dont think its a good idea to run expensive wheels. Like others have said, this is a sport with a steep learning curve (even pro's crash), and the possibility of messing up the wheels is very real. But if you were sponsored then it dosnt matter if you mess up the wheels because you dont have to pay for it. Everyone knows lighter wheels are better, but there are so many variables that go into it that I doubt an amature driver (which is what most of us are) would be able to feel a difference. Many things determine the weight of the rotating mass ... rim size and weight, hub size and weight, tires size and weight, even tire pressure. Now for the front/rear thing. Unless you are a sponsored driver, this probably applies to you. The way I see it, the front wheels should be the the bigger rims with smaller sidewall tires that flex less and specific widths to determine how much front grip you have. Usually the rear wheels are cheap, mounted with used tires to practice, and usually these are the wheels that get messed up when you go off the track or hit a curb. From an amature drifter prospective, used, cheap, OEM wheels with cheap tires are the best choice for rear wheels. Nice front wheels with better and wider rubber are the best choice for the front. When you are a sponsored driver, you have the choice of running matched rear wheels with expensive rubber. But untill that day, you will probably be best off using cheaper OEM wheels you can afford to damage that will fit the most commonly used tire size in the USA, 15 inches.

Not saying thats how it is, but thats how I see it. I own 3 sets of rear wheels for drifting (12 15x7's) and 1 set of good aluminum lightweight 17's (2 17x8.5, 2 17x9.5) of which I only use the front to drift. I picked up the rear sets for an average price of $50 for all 4. Now thats some good drifting wheels!!

Comment

what i want:
                      hoshino impul in front:

impul silhouette in rear:

what i have and COST EFFECTIVE:

with 14x7 and bottom price, cant beat that.

Comment

Personally, I look for at least a 7 inch wide rim. 8 would be bomb, but it's hard to find a 15x8, or even 16x8. A 9 in. wide rim would be ideal! Ever seen a 205/55/15 on a 15x9?

Lightweight is also good, as well as proper offset. These two combinations are hard to come by in this world of front wheel drives. So I tend to pick up whatever is cheaper.

Also, if you guys are drifting, you would know about sidewall folding, and realise why I say what I say.

Therefore, I'll end it at that.

Comment

i prefer 23" davins that spin when i stop.....numsayin nugga.

Comment

Originally posted by StarShark

Wow all of these are asome!!!!
                            Alta wheel and tire here in Cali carry most of all these rims and you know what Super AutoBacs has some of these NEW!!!

Comment

lol that girls pretty hot but anyway yea with wheels. i just have 4 sets of s14 se wheels that i drift with and when im cruising i got some 17 gp sports gravity's

Comment

good to see the mods are up on monitoring the website.

Comment

Working...
                                X