ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FALKEN 2009 DRIFT TEAM (Drivers Announced)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FALKEN 2009 DRIFT TEAM (Drivers Announced)

It's Dmac, JR, Calvin... and....

http://www.everythingdrift.com/blog/?p=267

So whats Hiro driving next year!? and Taka!?

Damn I miss one year and all this cool stuff happens!!

Comment

They probably got the axe.
      Both of them have been there from the beginning, but never really do too well in the pro crap.
      This is a business now... businesses want to win....

put 2 and 2 together.

I think they should just go back to the old *Censored**Censored**Censored* corollas.
      Those were the days.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfb View Post
        So whats Hiro driving next year!? and Taka!?

Damn I miss one year and all this cool stuff happens!!
        I know that Ross still has support from Falken. If he can fund the transport to and from the events, Falken will still give him tires and tire changes. I would think that Hiro and Taka were offered the same deal.

The good thing is that this means that they can pursue their own sponsors and paint their cars however the sponsor likes. This could be a good thing for them.

Comment

They still hold on to calvin wan but he has had a built car since the beginning.... longer then vaughn. Hasn't really done anything worth talking about since 05.

Ross petty IMO would be a much better prospect.

Comment

It was hard keeping that a secret all this time!

Taka and Hiro are in the process of starting their own team and are actively looking for sponsors and support.

Keep an ear out for 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
              They still hold on to calvin wan but he has had a built car since the beginning.... longer then vaughn. Hasn't really done anything worth talking about since 05.

Personally, I think Calvin putting out his drifting handbook helped him keep his spot on the team. it's easy for Falken to justify him as providing ROI when you have a tangible product like a book to represent yourself and promote your sponsors.

Comment

fux that... Ross Petty is the man! He deserves a full ride.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                  It was hard keeping that a secret all this time!

Taka and Hiro are in the process of starting their own team and are actively looking for sponsors and support.

Keep an ear out for 'em.

Well, hopefully since they have experience, they can get sponsors. I can say it's been hard, as I'm searching myself for my Redline Time Attack effort.

Comment

Lets see, Calvin had a few podium.

Falken didn't get the Z going for him in 08 which kinda *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* him up... He was driving such an underpowered FD...

But both are good people.

Comment

Come on guys! For the record, Calvin Wan was the first ever Falken driver take home a win in 2005! And the third place finish in 2004. He has also done so much for Team Falken behind the scenes! Always a devoted and hardcore driver.

It was unfortunate that the G was such a problematic car! Then the 350Z never happened.

Good to hear he is getting into a S15 in 2009, a proven platform. Best of luck to him!!!
                      Hubert Young
                      KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by Hubert Young View Post
                        Come on guys! For the record, Calvin Wan was the first ever Falken driver take home a win in 2005! And the third place finish in 2004. He has also done so much for Team Falken behind the scenes! Always a devoted and hardcore driver.

It was unfortunate that the G was such a problematic car! Then the 350Z never happened.

Good to hear he is getting into a S15 in 2009, a proven platform. Best of luck to him!!!
                        I was actually there for the win. Good times, at the same time you make me go.. shiat.. I been here a while.

Comment

Dai in Hiro's Lexus? hhhmmm might be interesting to see what he can do with it, he did pretty well in the GTO, so he can adapt to different cars.

i still love his Rockstar S15, that thing was sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon View Post
                            i still love his Rockstar S15, that thing was sweet
                            Fun Fact: The S15 Wan will be driving IS the "Rockstar" S15 that Dai drove back in 07. Falken dropped some cash to get it and they'll be rebuilding it for Wan.

Comment

Fun Fact 2 - after HKS owned it, it went downhill fast.... even OFF THE CLIFF.

Comment

Working...
                              X