Flat Black Fd Terror!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yarzan
    does that JDM tyte Mazda MPV in the background go on the dori dori?
    .... Actually... thats a JDM Tyte Honda Civic AWD...

C'mon... u should know that

Comment

When I picked up the latest edition of SCC and say that Sti I thought to myself badass..Then when I saw that FD,I gaspd only to say that takes balls.I love black FD's,they hit the spot with me.Wouldn't mind getting an FD and launching operation Nighthawk aka painiting the car completely black so it blends into the night :P

You guys should paint the stock rims while your at it.You have to go all black

Comment

Parry - These pics are of when the vehicle was nearly completed. As of now the interior trim and sway bars now sit in the same exact place after we finished. We took our time in removeing everything and properly sanding those parts before any paint touched it. We also wet sanded the entire car. Thank you for your questions and comments.

I'd like to thank everyone else for thier comments.

Well It took about 20 or more cans to do the job. Well days ago jack was asking if I knew of anyone who was able to paint his car. As a favor I said I would have his car ready for paint and it whould cost him NOTHING! The FD was partly flat black before that issue of SCC ever hit the news stand. All the FD needs now is a few touch ups and paint. But for now jack is having fun with his car. The car looks much better now, its in a much better shape then it was before. Right jack!

The Siliva conversion S13 you see thier belongs to a Team autopilot member. He was nice enough to pose next to his car... I think lol! He's a cool guy to deal with.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by emission
          Parry - These pics are of when the vehicle was nearly completed. As of now the interior trim and sway bars now sit in the same exact place after we finished. We took our time in removeing everything and properly sanding those parts before any paint touched it. We also wet sanded the entire car. Thank you for your questions and comments.
          Ahhh, I misunderstood. I thought you were done, and I was like "errrr". Good to hear you are doing it right.

Are you going to throw on a coat of clear?

Comment

Yea, paint the rims. I did mine in like 20 minutes and that was over a year ago. No need to powedercoat them.

Comment

ya, i agree with ghost, black is the only color for fds even if they are melted

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDragon871
                ya, i agree with ghost, black is the only color for fds even if they are melted
                i like red FD's and white FC's

Comment

me gusta yellow FD's too.

Comment

Ive had flat black...err primer black LOL ...on my car for over a year and a half now...and i love it. easy to wash LOL if u crash...buff it and spray it again....which has happened alot...i wouldnt have money for mods and tires if i paid what ppl do for paintjobs being fixed on their rides.

looks good guys!

Comment

hahaha sorry guys it's been a while since I've logged on... yeah it's gonna get painted a nice glossy black... but right now I've gotten a few comments on it. Some love it some hate it. I think it looks cool. (thanks emission, don't worry we'll go out to Korean BBQ soon) While driving around at night I've found it kinda looks like a black hole driving around. It kinda just absorbs light like there is a hole in space. LOL. Thanks for all the comments... Hey Ghost did decide on what you're doing w/ your 7 yet?

Comment

all I have to say now is at least it's one color now

Comment

Originally posted by GoukiS14
                          hahaha sorry guys it's been a while since I've logged on... yeah it's gonna get painted a nice glossy black... but right now I've gotten a few comments on it. Some love it some hate it. I think it looks cool. (thanks emission, don't worry we'll go out to Korean BBQ soon) While driving around at night I've found it kinda looks like a black hole driving around. It kinda just absorbs light like there is a hole in space. LOL. Thanks for all the comments... Hey Ghost did decide on what you're doing w/ your 7 yet?
                          ya hes takin my advice and puttin an sr20 in it ahahah sorry ghost had to take credit

Comment

Ghost, how easy is it to paint rims another color if they a re already like say white and i want gunmetal? (they are powdercoated, and i dont want to pay for it)

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDragon871
                              ya hes takin my advice and puttin an sr20 in it ahahah sorry ghost had to take credit
                              lol yeah putting a sr20DE not a sr20det.... lol yeah right and I'm gonna run up to a pole and ram my ball s into it

Comment

Yea, it's going SR20DET. We are starting to yank the drivetrain out soon as the shop space gets set up.

Painting rims is easy, use some sandpaper to scuff em up so the paint will stick, then shoot em. It's a Ghetto way of doing it, but you can use thinner to take the excess paint off the tire or just tape it up. I would take the wheels off to do it, but some folks don't. Just depends on how lazy you are. I didn't take mine off, I was in a hurry and too lazy to take em off.

Comment

Working...
                                X