No announcement yet.

U.S. Top Gear hosts....Tanner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've actually known about this show and tanner's involvement for quite sometime..like almost 4 or 5 months ago.

As far as the track they're gonna use...well they've gone through different stages...at first they were going to build their own...then they were going to buy an existing one...last I heard they were going to set something up at El Toro.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...53.html?page=1 this is a pretty awesome interview with Adam and it should help answer a lot of questions

Comment

I love Top Gear and I think Tanner would be a great host. I just don't think the show would do well here.

Comment

Tanner Gets the Bloody Top Gear Gig

Hey mate,

It's a good job you've got that Rockstar sponsorship. You needed to get all jacked up, then host the show!

Keep in mind the job involves passion and excitement and a dissertation on biology or even steering ackerman will lull the american public to sleep. Or maybe you should and simply run Rockstar energy ads at every break in the show....

Oh, and watch out for Adam, I heard he likes young boys..even if they are 35... haha

Actually, if I was doing the casting I would have put Tanner as the Stig. And given Rhys about 6 red bull and vodkas and let him host.

PS don't forget to blow stuff up and roll a couple cars.

Comment

well how bout we leave tanner as the host and get rhys to be the stig...
            or how bout tyler mcquarrie since he does a lot of time attack stuff

although if any of you remember the "american stig" that Top Gear had on their trip to the south was some fat dude who lived in a trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon View Post
              well how bout we leave tanner as the host and get rhys to be the stig...
              or how bout tyler mcquarrie since he does a lot of time attack stuff

although if any of you remember the "american stig" that Top Gear had on their trip to the south was some fat dude who lived in a trailer

Yeah I think he was one of the guys who worked at moroso

Comment

I dont know, it really looked like it was a guy in a fat suit. It just didnt look right.

Comment

I highly doubt NBC would let them do a full on negative review of a bad car, probably at most "Oh we think this car is not the greatest." Jeremy usually takes his negative reviews to an extreme, even blowing them up, which generally makes it more appealing to everyone.

Just look at our American news channels versus UK channels. We cover the most retarded stories (Angelina Jolie had twins OMG!), where as they do stories that are actually important (Iraq War, Zimbabwe problem, etc). Networks here won't allow what we are use to in Top Gear UK.

The casting for this is somewhat weird. Top Gear UK is able to grab attention from even people who are not into cars simply because of the personalities of their three hosts, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May. Adam Carolla is funny, but I don't think his humor is enough to capture the audience that isn't into cars at all. I rather see Tanner as the American Stig, seen him on Supercars Exposed and that was very dry. And Eric Stromer, a carpenter, are you serious? These three hosts have big shoes to fill.

Top Gear is all about personality sells the show, if this one lacks it, then it will probably be as bad as Car and Driver TV, and we know how biased that magazine is. Hopefully sponsors wont run the show.

I'll watch the pilot, hopefully it's not as bad as it looks.

Jeremy Clarkson, executive producer and host of the UK “Top Gear” said: “This is fantastic news - but how on earth you lot are going to do it on the wrong side of the road I’ve no idea.”

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
                    Just look at our American news channels versus UK channels. We cover the most retarded stories (Angelina Jolie had twins OMG!), where as they do stories that are actually important (Iraq War, Zimbabwe problem, etc). Networks here won't allow what we are use to in Top Gear UK.
                    Have you even watched bbc?

BBC reveals: Tranvestite wives

BBC reveals: Too ugly to love

BBC Reveals: My secret female body

the list goes on and on

476-lb. Teenager
                    My Big Breasts And Me
                    My Small Breasts And I
                    Super Skinny Me
                    Teen Transsexual

Yes, this is so much more important lol

Comment

its gonna be a disaster of a show. bottom line. the worst thing for america to do is have to live up to a BBC show. we will fail miserably due to american tv's serious lack of creativity.

adam corrola is far from funny, more annoying than anything.

tanner foust is a great driver, seems to bne a pretty stand up guy, but has nothing in common with any of his soon-to-be co-hosts or anyone from BBC's Top Gear.

i know nothing about the other host.

this is gonna be embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantian View Post
                        Who said that Top Gear was ever serious?
                        youre an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by gigglesnirt View Post
                          Have you even watched bbc?

BBC reveals: Tranvestite wives

BBC reveals: Too ugly to love

BBC Reveals: My secret female body

the list goes on and on

476-lb. Teenager
                          My Big Breasts And Me
                          My Small Breasts And I
                          Super Skinny Me
                          Teen Transsexual

Yes, this is so much more important lol
                          Yes I have watched BBC news over in Europe and here as well. It helps if you're really quoting from the BBC news site to prove your point.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
                            Yes I have watched BBC news over in Europe and here as well. It helps if you're really quoting from the BBC news site to prove your point.
                            Where do you think i got that info?

Comment

my secret female body was kinda interesting.

Anyway reading all the interviews so far I do have hope for the show. Now someone just needs to interview this Eric Strommer dude and see what he has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbyStyle View Post
                                youre an idiot.
                                but he was right...top gear isn't serious..its funny thats half the reason why people like it.

They review serious cars but in funny, over the top ways. And crack jokes about a car's faults and find humorous ways to talk about a car's strong points.

Comment

Working...
                                X