Those TX Boys... again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those TX Boys... again.

Hey hey, all my locals, (and by locals I mean the immediate surroundings of the DFW metroplex) what's new?

Just thought I'd start a thread and reassemble the No-Tex (yeah, that IS lame, huh?) crew, since I hadn't seen any posts in awhile.

Anyway, hi, I've been around these boards for awhile, the name's really Nathan, not that it really matters. I used to hang with AJ and some of the S14 guys on N. Beach street. But that's kinda died down, and I've lost contact with all of them. I've spent most of the past year looking for a drift car, I had my sights set on S13 or FC, but I ended up, somewhat surprisingly, in a very cheap AE86 today ($500, now I just need to get it running).

Anyway, I figure I'll probably be ready to run just in time to miss the next TexasDrift event. Maybe I can meet up with some of you veteran drivers to pick up some pointers before the NEXT one?

hachiroku_fc3s, banged_240, I expect you guys to be on this post.

Anyway, I'm sure I've missed plenty of 'official' meets and such, but if there are any casual gatherings happening anywhere around here anytime soon, I'd like to actually meet some of the North Texas crew.

Keep it Sideways,

- Nathan

ive heard theres a meet at lonestar park this coming weekend, same as falken drift off in houston, but no one can give me details so, i dunno

im gonna get geared up good for the next meet.....oh man its gonna kick some serious (use imagination for this blank)

i think im gonna head out to brandons (lovemygts) deli sometime this week after i get my tension bars dialed in right.
    hopefully i can get soem drifting in this weekend, cant seem to find a good spot, ever since mine was taken over by a state trooper.......i mean he just sits there WHATS THE DEAL!

Comment

Well, I've got a birthday to attend to THIS weekend (mine), but maybe on the 16th or 17th we could get together. I'm still not sure if I'll have the Eight-Six in drifting order, or even running for that matter, but I'd be good to get together with a few people anyway. Besides, I know of a decent spot or two.

Would Lake Worth too far for you banged240?

Comment

So who's all going to Drift Showoff [or Traxion] this weekend? Hopefully I'll have a chance to see some of you all in Houston on Saturday.

Comment

Yo. Man, I havent heard of anything in the area in the past month and a half probably. Y'all let me know whats up. So you did end up with a hachi. Sweet. $500. Man, I havent seen anything like that. If I had...

But I digress. And I've barely got the FC apart yet and already missin it. Well, keep me informed. I've been bored and its about to get worse.

BTW, if any of yall know of a reputable shop in the area hiring. Let me know. Thanks guys.

Comment

i dont know where lake worth is....? but nothing is realy too far i guess,
            i need to find some more good spots, cops dont realy seem to mind as long as there arent houses near by.....or thats how it seems
            a cop rolled into the parking lot i was tearing up this weekend while i was in mid drift and he didnt even turn on his lights he just pulled over to where my friends were and was talkin about a noise complaint(it was at a school with houses near by)
            other than that he didnt do anything except tell us to leave...wierd

Comment

i wanted to go to houston, or traxion. but its too late now ive got work all weekend and i couldent find out about the traxion event,
              eh well theres always texas drift....april 25th dont miss it!
              ive already got off

Comment

i found a new sport, its not to bad its got alot of potential, there ae alot of poles and alot of grass islands and some of them dont have any curbs. its a lil exposed and the lights make the smoek fairly noticable, and there are houses near by, so it may just be temporary......but at least i have somewhere to drift.

Comment

Traxion is pretty much just a car show, w/ an autocross event and a drifting demo w/ some local drifters...

Comment

that sux, well actualy thats good that you told me that cause i was gonna go down there and spend 35$, and for just that? not realy worth it, plus i need some new tires now

Comment

Eric (silver turbo miata) and Ronnie (green s13 silvia doriftomatic) are going to be drifting, that will probably be the highlight....Busta Rhymes is going to be there if that means anything to you...lol...

Comment

those guys were pretty good when i saw them at texas drift
                        it would almost be worth it to go watch them but im a lil strapped for cash, and i need to prep for the next meet, wheels and tires and what haveya so ill just wait till the 25th

btw what car do you drive?

Comment

Well, the Traxion people ended up not letting them drift...I think alot of people were looking forward to see some drifting, and from what I heard there wasn't much of that...

I think the next Texas Drift session has been pushed back one day to the 24th @ Houston...

Comment

Drifting Schedule for 2004

Inaugural Event - February 29

April 24 - Gulf Grehound, Houston TX

May 15 - Gulf Greyhound, Houston TX

June 19 - Mineral Wells, TX

July 17 - Mineral Wells, TX

August 21 - Mineral Wells, TX

September 4 - Mineral Wells, TX

October 16 - Mineral Wells, TX

November 6 - Gulf Greyhound, Houston TX

Comment

wow.......that realy sucks
                              man i was looking forward to the event coming up, but now its in
                              houston? i was having a hard enough time convincing my dad to let me even be in the one that i thought was going to be at pennington field.......but going to houston? nooooo way, worth an ask though.
                              man it feels like ive been punched in the stomach....i guess i shouldve read more into it though, my fault, a lesson learned.

me and my friends refered to you as advan guy, one of em may have ridden with you i dont know.......

Comment

Working...
                              X