No announcement yet.

(FEEDBACK) FORMULA D Irwindale 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have a separate category for the proam guys coming up the ranks.

call it GRASSROOKIE of the year.
    Problem solved. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by ontrack View Post
      Don't mistake my opinion for a lack of understanding. I don't agree with ANY of the stated examples.
      MY OPINION is that once you have achieved the status of "Professional" and competed/participated
      as one for a season, you shouldn't be eligible for consideration as a"Rookie". Especially within the
      same sport or discipline. Just because NASCAR or MLB do it doesn't mean I agree or that its right.
      How bout this one - Imagine yourself as a "professional" cashier with 10 years experience at VONS grocery store in Florida. You then decide to move to California and wind up getting a cashier job at RALPH'S. Do you think you'd be able to take your 10 years of seniority and apply that at RALPH'S? Probably not. Different company, so different rules would apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Formula D View Post

Funny story: You actually come up in our staff meetings. We jokingly say, "well if blaze1 is happy, then I think everyone will be."

Thanks for your passion for the sport.
        Don't worry about me, I will always be here. Unless the whole grid is full of RWD V8 Scions lol.

The faces in the crowd have changed alot since 04, alot of fans we always thought would be here aren't around anymore. We gotta find ways to bring them back, keep the ones we have, and bring in new ones.

I would hate for this sport too end up like monster jam, just a big side show.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSkool510 View Post
          How bout this one - Imagine yourself as a "professional" cashier with 10 years experience at VONS grocery store in Florida. You then decide to move to California and wind up getting a cashier job at RALPH'S. Do you think you'd be able to take your 10 years of seniority and apply that at RALPH'S? Probably not. Different company, so different rules would apply.
          There seems to be a consensus that I don't understand the situation just because I disagree.
          This is NOT the case. I fully understand what is and what has been said, I just don't agree with
          it. I'm not angry nor will this make me stop participating at FD events, I'm simply giving my
          view of one aspect.
          OldSkool, just because someone may lose seniority it does not diminish the amount of experience
          or expertise that that person has achieved. That is the point I'm making. That's all.
          And thanks to all who contribute to these discussions. I'm sure that there are plenty who read
          who gain knowledge and insight from your input.

Comment

This was my first FD event and it was a BLAST I had tons of fun the whole experience from being up close to the cars in the pits to cheering from the stands was great, I also wanted to share what was one of my better photos, this is from saturday.

Comment

Blaze. i agree slightly. its hard for the fans to fully see what is going on.

also, i am interested to know how in the world, with how long you have been around the sport, that hardly anyone knows who you really are. its been a mystery to me for the past 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by deadpirate View Post
                Blaze. i agree slightly. its hard for the fans to fully see what is going on.

also, i am interested to know how in the world, with how long you have been around the sport, that hardly anyone knows who you really are. its been a mystery to me for the past 3 years
                I was introduced to this sport back in 03 when I was either 13 or 14 (I'm young but not as young as Ediie Kim thinks lol.

My first drift event was falken showoff back in 03, I think Benson won it, Casper was in a maroon S14, koguchi was there for the first time. I cant remember if D1 irwindale when Ueo won was before or after that but I was there too.

I work for a stupid auto parts store, I also work part time with a company the preps and maintains SCCA chassis. I go to school part time at a cal state. I use to drift on the streets in a few different cars in ontario fontana. Also went to drift days back when they were at cali speedway.

Don't do much of that anymore, drifting even at the lowest level cost money... money i don't feel like spending all the time . One day maybe I will build another car and do it semi big like John Russakoff, get a licence run socal events only. But that's when I make more money.

I guess you can call me a hardcore drift fan, but compared to nascar and european F1 and motogp fans, I'm just average.

BTW, if you see in that thread I said a few not so nice things about Bergenholtz and Eddie Kims team. Let me say that I looooooovvvveeeeee Bergenholtz. I never got into spocom drag, but these guys after reading about them they are my heros. When it comes to hankook, I like there team image and their drivers. But I still dont have too much respect for the owner .
                Last edited by Bebop; 10-21-2009, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                  I was introduced to this sport back in 03 when I was either 13 or 14 (I'm young but not as young as Ediie Kim thinks lol.

My first drift event was falken showoff back in 03, I think Benson won it, Casper was in a maroon S14, koguchi was there for the first time. I cant remember if D1 irwindale when Ueo won was before or after that but I was there too.

I work for a stupid auto parts store, I also work part time with a company the preps and maintains SCCA chassis. I go to school part time at a cal state. I use to drift on the streets in a few different cars in ontario fontana. Also went to drift days back when they were at cali speedway.

Don't do much of that anymore, drifting even at the lowest level cost money... money i don't feel like spending all the time . One day maybe I will build another car and do it semi big like John Russakoff, get a licence run socal events only. But that's when I make more money.

I guess you can call me a hardcore drift fan, but compared to nascar and european F1 and motogp fans, I'm just average.

BTW, if you see in that thread I said a few not so nice things about Bergenholtz and Eddie Kims team. Let me say that I looooooovvvveeeeee Bergenholtz. I never got into spocom drag, but these guys after reading about them they are my heros. When it comes to hankook, I like there team image and their drivers. But I still dont have too much respect for the owner .

just as i thought..you have been in this game for awhile

introduce yourself next time your out at an event. i would really like to meet the man behind the "blaze" name.

just ask around for dead pirate. im sure someone knows who i am lol

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Blaze 1.

To poke some fun, Eddie Kim got Team Owner of the year award. Heheheheheheh

Comment

Well deserved for running a 2 car team with 2 international drivers from diferent countries.

lol

Comment

The event rocked! There just needs to be a power to weight limit on the cars. It's a freakin' drag race to the first corner.

Comment

Working...
                        X