No announcement yet.

Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weekend went really well. The Vette ran great and I was able to start moving back up the rankings in Formula D. It was interesting how FD shared the track with the IRL, made the schedule spread out over 3 days.

Thursday we had practice and qualifying. I havent driven at sonoma for 4 years so the first few laps of practice I was all over the place. Luckily we had 2 hours of practice that day and by the end we where looking good. In qualifying, we scored pretty well and was able to get 5th with the highest entry speed.

That set us up to run against Cody Parkhouse in his S13 on friday for top 32. First lap I was leading and I just ran it clean. Second lap and following Cody, I just initiated right behind him. Noticed he was starting to go wide, to the point he was going off line a bit and starting to get into the soft stuff on the track. Then when it was clear that he was going too wide I started to go back on the regular line and passed him by and got the win.

We where excited going into Sat and got paired up to go against Tanner Foust in the scion TC for top 16. It was a good match up since we both had really fast entry speeds. I was leading the first lap and Tanner was able to stick to me threw the whole coarse. Jake Tanaka (the owners son and my spotter) comes over the radio and says "good run, he was on you though." My responce was "wait till you see this." Its my turn now to follow Tanner. I get right on him on the initiation and stick to everything he does keeping a tight distance. He starts left foot brakeing by the apex as I notice some smoke coming off his front tire. I slow down just a touch and he lets the brake go, now he got a little momentum getting off the apex. I lay into the throttle, maybe a little too much. Tires start smoking and I'm just not gaining enough speed. He was able to pull away a couple car lengths by the end of the run and take the win.

Yeah, I was disapointed that we lost that round but I wasnt unhappy at all. We did great and showed everyone that Team Tanaka is moving up. I've only been driving the car a few events and the improvements to both my driving and the car have been significant.

BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• First things first, you need to learn to be a good driver before you can learn how to drift. Dont worry too much about what you need for the car, you can take anything to the track and still have a good time driving it and learn alot while doing it.
      BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Thanks for the advice!

Do you know any good tracks to go to I live in LA, California?

How did you first learn?

Comment

• I was originally from hawaii so we only had one race track and even then, only one event that you could take your car to maybe every couple months. Here in LA, you have willow springs with multiple tracks on it, also button willow is good to go to as well. Pretty much every weekend there is a track event. You have events like Nasa Hpde, speedtrial, speed ventures, just drift, drift day, thursday night drift at adams, inland drift, scca, and others.

Comment

• Last time I saw you drift was in tha rs*r car. It's good to see you drivind again. Anyway my question is, is the vette going to be the same car your going to run next season. Do you still manufacture your own parts?

Comment

• Yes I still make my own parts (www.battleversion.com). I'm not sure whats going to happen for next year. They havent talked to me about it yet.

Comment

• Can I crash on your floor in the off season and have you teach me to drift better? It can be that whole mr miyagi thing. Just for a weekend. A Hawaiian and a black dude drifting together, sounds like a bad buddy movie or TNT style cop drama!!

Comment

• How do oyu like driving the Vette compared to the other cars you've driven in FD? I know that Dai said after driving Rhys GTO, he now prefers the torque of a V8. Do you like having a V8 vs. 4 cyl turbo?

Comment

• Yeah, the v8 is nice but its alot of car to toss around. I'm more used to the smaller cars but im starting to do alot better with the vette.

Sorry for not updating this thread in a while. I've just been doing small things to the car and I haven't taken it out drifting yet.

Switched out the fuel filter for something alot better. Now the pump seems to be happy. I was having problems with 1st gear popping out and it sucked, so I pulled the trans out.

Then took it apart...

And replaced the first gear syncro, the slider, and the fork. Also when it was appart decided to upgrade the shim to the marlin crowler peice from driftmotion.

Had to add some mirrors to the car to pass tech

Sent the valve covers out to get powder coated the same as the chassis, not sure if I like it now. Maybe the cover peice needs to be changed now.

Just got to work on the decals now and redo all the sponsor stuff so it matches and look right. Going to try and take it to irwindale, not to drive but to show it in the pits.

Comment

• A hooker is always at your service. ;-)

Comment

• Saw that 240sx of your parked at Formula D Irwindale! Soooo Nice! I was rooting for you at formula d!!! Do you anyone who can give me some drifting lessons! Before you said that I had to learn how to be a great driver first! I am now! I wanna start drifting now so in the future maybe I can go up agaist you guys! I really really pasionet fir drifting but, don't have much money to do it? Is there anybody you now who can teach me, give me lessons, help me out? I'm gonna be 17! I'm not just a kid saying I want to drift it's more than that! I love it! Seeing it is great but, it does not satisfy me at all! There's a big junk in my heart that I feel is missing! I just don't wanna see drifting I wanna do it! Please help me out!!! Thanks!

Comment

• All I can tell you is to get a good job so you can afford to go drifting every once in a while. There are so many events in so cal that you can run and most of them are pretty affordable. Just ask anyone there for help, there are always people willing to help teach you stuff. You just have to beable to afford to run the events first.

Comment

• Since you've taken over for Tanaka Racing as their driver, that red CORVETTE is getting fun to watch again. Keep up the good work.

Comment

• I'll do that! Thanks Alot!

Comment

• Great seeing that Corvette lookin like it's back in the game. It was great to see your car mostly done(been following the build for a while) and to meet ya in person. Got your tanaka racing poster sitting right above my work pc. Watch out for me comin up in your rearview at a track near you soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X