No announcement yet.

(TV DEAL) D1GP Signs with FOX - Largest Media Deal in the History of Drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course a debate on facts and perceived facts would turn into personal call outs, come on guys.

OldSkool510, you are right, everyone is in business to make money and if we were running around in Lamobs and Ferraris you will sure know about it. But to be clear, Ryan has a 2004 Ford F150 and thats it. I have a leased Q7 3.6and a 2003 G35 which my wife already had before we got married. I really dont want to spend time talking about the financial sacrifices we've made in the last 6 years, setting up and running FD. We put everything into this series so let's just quit at this topic now.

Comment

Originally posted by fast-finn View Post
      I see Formula D and Jim avoided my question why is that? because it is true! and you know it, if you like we can call the track manager and record it and play it back on the forum. But here it is again try not to miss it.
      I guess I have to Enlighten you since seems like you have intensionally forgotten.
      Last Year -08 when D1 was trying to make a come back to US they flew into Moroso motorsports park to schedule a date there,
      The very next week as D1 had their date tenatively scheduled with Moroso, FD called them and asked a date one week prior to D1's.
      FD also asked for a 3 month black out period prior and after their event. This is a fact that we can call immediately to Moroso's general manager and get a confirmation.
      FD did this without even ever stepping a foot on the Moroso's track and it was very obvious to Moroso that FD had no intension ever running an event there the only reason they tried to schedule a date there was in hopes that D1 could not host an event at Moroso due to their black out period.
      Could Jim or Ryan respond to this FACT. That can very easily be checked by one simple phone call.
      fast-finn, if you must let everyone on the thread know... the D1 group at the time (Mike Mucklin & Moto Miwa) spoke with the GM or the President and we spoke with the VP of Sales. What was being told to D1 was the same as what was being told to us. Neither of us knew about that the other was talking to Moroso until very late in the game. It was a fair bid for Mororo. The track could of chosen to go with either one of us and they chose D1.

The terms we ask of is not out of the ordinary; most event promoters ask for a protection period so their competitors do go into the same venue too close to their events, this is standard business practice.

Did you know that we flew 3 people out there as well? Did you know that we asked them if we were guaranteed to get the track, if not, thats fine but we do not have the budget to fly out there unless we are guaranteed to have the track. They said fly out for a site visit, which meant to us that we got the deal. After spending thousands to get our production manager, operations director and a judge out there do we find out that the rental was given to D1. I'll show you the string of emails if that helps you.

We simply do not have the time, the resources nor the money to be pretending to go to tracks just for the sake to hurting another organization.

Finally, Florida drift fans... we were so set and excited about this, we've been trying to make it out to you guys for years, so your disappointment at us not making to the region was disappointment for us as well.

Comment

we all thank Formula D for responding...I know how busy they are with event planning ( being event organizer myself )
        That's what I call keeping up with their fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim @ FD View Post
          fast-finn, if you must let everyone on the thread know... the D1 group at the time (Mike Mucklin & Moto Miwa) spoke with the GM or the President and we spoke with the VP of Sales. What was being told to D1 was the same as what was being told to us. Neither of us knew about that the other was talking to Moroso until very late in the game. It was a fair bid for Mororo. The track could of chosen to go with either one of us and they chose D1.

The terms we ask of is not out of the ordinary; most event promoters ask for a protection period so their competitors do go into the same venue too close to their events, this is standard business practice.

Did you know that we flew 3 people out there as well? Did you know that we asked them if we were guaranteed to get the track, if not, thats fine but we do not have the budget to fly out there unless we are guaranteed to have the track. They said fly out for a site visit, which meant to us that we got the deal. After spending thousands to get our production manager, operations director and a judge out there do we find out that the rental was given to D1. I'll show you the string of emails if that helps you.

We simply do not have the time, the resources nor the money to be pretending to go to tracks just for the sake to hurting another organization.

Finally, Florida drift fans... we were so set and excited about this, we've been trying to make it out to you guys for years, so your disappointment at us not making to the region was disappointment for us as well.
          Thanks for the response as i said every coin has two sides, thats why I wanted to hear yours as well, and as usual in cases like this the sides differ a lot.

Which area/turns of the track where you guys planning on using for FD? Just curious?

Comment

BUMP!!!

6 months later...

biggest TV deal in history?

has anyone seen any episodes yet?

Comment

nope . . . lol i never saw this thread an man does my head hurt haha!!!

Comment

It looks like D1 didn't live up to all the hype they were creating......

Comment

D1 Japan had a production team on site generating content from each round. What they do with that content has yet to be seen. But there is something in the works.

Comment

What good is the TV deal if they air the events on a 12 month delay? Makes no sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by ALI's DRIFT GARAGE View Post
                      D1 Japan had a production team on site generating content from each round. What they do with that content has yet to be seen. But there is something in the works.
                      is it still in the works? biggest TV deal in history?

Comment

• wtf... why was this bumped dude...

anyone with a brain could have know this was never going to happen

Comment

• yep just as I thought.

Comment

• maybe they meant it is the biggest deal that was history at this point? i dunno lol

Comment

• hate to bump this thread again.. but a wise man once said,
                              "Game OVER!"- someone on this forum.

Comment

• hahaha....That "game over" comment led to some interesting reading for a while on this forum. If I recall correctly, the big dogs from specific entities came out and responded in that thread. Those were the days.......

Comment

Working...
                                X