Go Back   DRIFTING.com > General Forum > General Chat (DRIFTING Discussion/News and SITE Updates)
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

(10 FREE TICKETS) FORMULA D "IRWINDALE" October 16th - 17th 2009

Old 07-27-2009, 12:10 AM   #1
INFO

Send a message via AIM to INFO
(10 FREE TICKETS) FORMULA D "IRWINDALE" October 16th - 17th 2009

FORMULA DRIFT IRWINDALE October 16th - 17th 2009

Please tell us why you deserve a free ticket.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:44 AM   #2
Sakesoba

Thumbs up

Drifting.com is probably the only thread I follow up on a daily basis. I believe that communication and understanding within the sport can help achieve a wide spread audience. So far, it is working.
My avatar is from a pic with Ken Gushi at Irwindale. While waiting to take the pic, a lady was waiting with her ~10('ish) year old son in front of me. I waited patiently behind her (even though I arrived first) and right when it was her turn she said to me in a firm voice, "Excuse me, my son is before you."
That bothered me. I have seen this sport grow from its infancy (or at least in America) to what it is today. I deserve more than just standing back and letting the Brady bunch (or any typical family) take the place of where I am today in drifting.
Or do I?
I didn't comment back to the lady. I respectfully gestured for them to go ahead. Take my place. This 10 year old kid could love drifting just as much as I do. He could grow up and be the next World Champ and make it his career.

*If you don't buy my story, then at least know that I paid $5 at D1 Anaheim for a bottled water. I'll take any sympathy I can get.

Please give me free tickets (x2) if possible. I am going to this event one way or another. And that kid better hope that his mom doesn't cut in front of me again or I'll pawn their a$$es! (j/k)..but seriously, the story is true. And I do respect any fan who loves drifting just as much as I do.
Sakesoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
Double M Star

Well, here we go....

My inlaws live mere minutes from that track.

It would give me a great excuse to take the wife home to visit them and give me an even better excuse to leave her there for the day.

Har Har Har!

If you could pair it up for me, I could take a friend...
Double M Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
INFO

to everyone else,

please apply ASAP, Irwindale Tickets ALWAYS taken up fast
Old 08-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #5
Bebop

Send a message via AIM to Bebop
You know I'm locked and loaded for this one.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #6
gigglesnirt

Send a message via AIM to gigglesnirt
I'll take a ticket, two for sure if it's possible.

I'll be driving from Utah as always, probably just straight there, see the event, and leave right after. Shenanigans will happen as always, the car will probably break down, all that usual road trip stuff really.
gigglesnirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #7
KyShro

My girlfriend just got back home from Korea. She has never been to a drifting event before (or even so cal for that matter) but I know once she goes she will become a drift fanatic like me! It would be fun for the two of us to go together.
KyShro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:51 PM   #8
Shadowhuntr

I have been trying to get registered with this site for about 6 months now but for some reason it would not let me, finally it works! I have missed out on all the other free ticket offers you guys have had and would really like to go to Formula drift for the first time I went to D1gp in Anaheim and was dissapointed. I would like to see what a real drift even should be like. Please please pick me,I think going to Formula D is the last thing to keep my sanity.
Shadowhuntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:35 PM   #9
markyd0s

Send a message via AIM to markyd0s
Hook me up son!!

Check it out by the time FD hits "THE HOUSE OF DRIFT" i should have paid off my speeding ticket i got in 2004 that i just found out i had. The ticket is/was $1200. So hooking me up a with a pair of tickets would be freaking awesome. Free tickets or not im still ganna be at irwindale but i rather use the $60(ticket money) to buy food, beer and of course some Drifting.com t-shirts
markyd0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #10
INFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyd0s View Post
Check it out by the time FD hits "THE HOUSE OF DRIFT" i should have paid off my speeding ticket i got in 2004 that i just found out i had. The ticket is/was $1200. So hooking me up a with a pair of tickets would be freaking awesome. Free tickets or not im still ganna be at irwindale but i rather use the $60(ticket money) to buy food, beer and of course some Drifting.com t-shirts
We should get you down for at least 1 ticket.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:55 PM   #11
markyd0s

For each ticket i get thats how many shirts im buying. hahahahaha. j/k im still buying at least 2 shirts.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:12 PM   #12
stedriftward

My dad came all the way out from North Carolina for round 1 and I let him know about this contest on drifting.com ( talk to him almost everyday about the latest on here ) He told me if I win some tickets he'll come out for the final! It would be really awesome for him to see Irwindale in the flesh and a great way for him to wrap up the season after seeing the first round. Help a family bond
stedriftward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:02 PM   #13
M3

I havent been at any drifting event and I'm from Indonesia and living in town.
M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:40 AM   #14
markyd0s

So am I getting a pair or what? Theres only a hand full of people that want tickets. Im kinda surprised more people dont want FREE tickets.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:54 AM   #15
OldSkool510

Count me in for 2 also. The HOUSE of DRIFT is going to have its roof set on fire this year.
OldSkool510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:48 PM   #16
Hach1r0k1d03

Send a message via AIM to Hach1r0k1d03
i want tickets! ill post my "why i deserve it" ASAP
Hach1r0k1d03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #17
INFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyd0s View Post
So am I getting a pair or what? Theres only a hand full of people that want tickets. Im kinda surprised more people dont want FREE tickets.
several have called in for them so there is no way that we will enough tickets for everyone
Old 08-23-2009, 09:21 PM   #18
markyd0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFO View Post
several have called in for them so there is no way that we will enough tickets for everyone
As long as I get a ticket ill be one happy camper
Old 08-23-2009, 11:02 PM   #19
Bebop

Send a message via AIM to Bebop
<-------is willing too stop posting for 1 month for a ticket

After the season is over.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #20
eastbaybob

Why I Want Irwindale Tickets

What is it with the one-liner "I just want tickets" thing?

I'm 48 years old and drive American muscle every day to work, but my 17 year old got me into drifting last year when we went to D1 in Sonoma. I was completely hooked. I helped my son buy a 1991 240SX with Silvia conversion, SR20DET, 5 speed and LSD and he flipped it after 9 months. He's 100% OK. It took 6 months, but I talked my wife into letting him look for another 240SX (he was headed for a Volvo 240 DL for sure) - we're looking now. We went to D1 in Sonoma this year with my wife and 5 year old daughter and had a complete blast.

I'm a car guy - I'm restoring a 64 Impala, drive a 2000 Camaro SS, and now I'm yearning for a S14 with a LS1 conversion. I want to convince my wife to let me take my son down to Irwindale, and how could she say no to free tickets. Besides, I deserve the tickets for me for being a dad that wrenched more on my son's car than he did. I am so hooked that my son's interest is almost completely secondary.

Please let me have a pair of tickets. I could use four and take my wife and daughter, but two woudl be sweet.

Thanks,

EastBayBob
eastbaybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #21
INFO

Quote:
thanks for pointing this out
one-liners will not work when we are being hit with this many ticket requests
Old 08-24-2009, 10:58 PM   #22
tougekids

The first time I heard about drifting was in initial d around 8th grade I tought it was the coolest thing in this world! Later on one of my moms best friends son told me and explained to me how drifting works and how he new how to drift and he will go out in the canyons around 2 &3 in the morning to this secret spot that he new about were people gather and all showed up with the sickest cars and everyone just into drifting! I told him take me PLEASE He said when your older around 16 years old (I was like 13 at the time) to this day he hasent taken me! He did let me borrow a DVD called drifting 101 with keiichi tsyushia back then when he told me and that's what got me into it even more and I started watching his drift bible DVD on YouTube and many other videos! Sense then I've been hooked on drifting and cars! That's all I would talk about in school and how I would say that I was gonna drift when I got my car! I annoyed the heck out of people but, they All thing I'm crazy up to this point and that I'm never Gonna drift or even see a car drift but, I know that deep in my heart I am! But it's just gonna take time! Now I'm 16 1/2 and I've been saving up money to get my self a 240sx wich is my second favorite car but right now it's my 1 cause it's a car I can afford and it looks so cool and I love how many things you can do to it and the many parts! But, to get to the point I will love to get two ticket one for me and one for my best friend so I can finally be there in the stance cheering and screaming and witnessing with my own eyes the beautifull art of drifting for the first time and not in videos anymore! And for my dream to come true and to make another step forward into proving everyone wrong and making my dream come true into becoming a drifter and in what I love! Plus, I know you now! And I'm gonna be one of your future workers hopefully in the future when I get my transportation from my 240sx and if I get hired ! THANK YOU!
tougekids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:21 AM   #23
Ureshii Temanes

Send a message via AIM to Ureshii Temanes Send a message via Yahoo to Ureshii Temanes
free ticket

I deserve a free ticket because i dump all of my money into my car so that id be able to enjoy this motorsport and i have no money left over to buy one.. =[
I think its great drifting.com gives an opportunity for guys like me to to get a free ticket to an awesome event like formula d.

Last edited by Ureshii Temanes; 08-25-2009 at 01:25 AM.
Ureshii Temanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:49 AM   #24
OldSkool510

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastbaybob View Post
Give me some damn tickets!!!!!!! lol
OldSkool510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:30 PM   #25
Double M Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double M Star View Post
Well, here we go....

My inlaws live mere minutes from that track.

It would give me a great excuse to take the wife home to visit them and give me an even better excuse to leave her there for the day.

Har Har Har!

If you could pair it up for me, I could take a friend...
If it's a pair.. I'll take my....
Father-in-law.....

Double M Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: