X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (NEXT MONTH) FORMULA D PRO-AM FINALS, NOV. 21, 2009 @ IRWINDALE, California

For Immediate Release

October 1, 2009

Formula DRIFT Announces Schedule Change for the Pro Am National Championship;
    Event will now be held on November 21 at the Toyota Speedway at Irwindale

Long Beach, Calif. – October 1, 2009 – Formula DRIFT has announced a schedule and venue change for the 2009 Pro Am National Championship. The event will now take place on November 21 at the Toyota Speedway at Irwindale.

The top amateur drivers from the United States and Canada will meet at the infamous “House of Drift,” at the Toyota Speedway at Irwindale. This will be the first time that a Pro Am competition of this level will take place at this location. The rising stars of drifting will be discovered and compete for their chance to earn a Formula DRIFT Pro Championship license. Current professional drivers that made their way up through the Pro Am circuit include Justin Pawlak, Ryan Tuerck, Joon Maeng, and Matt Powers.

“Bringing the FD Pro Am National Championship to Irwindale is not only very cool, but very symbolic as well,” said Jim Liaw, president and co-founder of Formula DRIFT. “Never has a Pro Am competition of this magnitude and importance been held at Irwindale before. And to top it off Irwindale is the birthplace of American professional drifting, back in 2003 when Ryan and I brought D1 outside of Japan for the first time.”

Tickets for the Pro Am National Championship will go on sale on October 17, the same day as Round 7: Judgment Day the final event of the 6th season of the Formula DRIFT Pro Championship. Online tickets can be purchased on the Formula DRIFT website. For more information, visit: www.formuladrift.com.

Formula DRIFT Pro AM National Championship Invited Drivers List
    Driver Name / Series Qualified From

Brian Peter Formula DRIFT Atlanta
    Dan Willie Formula DRIFT Atlanta
    Jason Jiovani Formula DRIFT Atlanta
    Tom Barnhart Formula DRIFT Atlanta
    Forrest Wang Formula DRIFT Las Vegas
    Johnny Kanavas Formula DRIFT Las Vegas
    Roland Gallagher Formula DRIFT Las Vegas
    Andrew Coomes Formula DRIFT Las Vegas
    Cyrus Martinez Formula DRIFT Seattle
    Victor Moore Formula DRIFT Seattle
    Ian Fournier Formula DRIFT Seattle
    Trent Stromkins Formula DRIFT Seattle
    Kohei Nakamura DMCC West
    Chris Scremin DMCC West
    Robert Parsons DMCC West
    David Briggs DMCC East
    Ryan Lanteigne DMCC East
    Claude Poirier DMCC East
    Russell Walker HIN Texas
    Ameen Rizvi HIN Texas
    Gary James HIN Florida
    Charlie Thompson HIN Florida
    Derek King HIN Chicago
    Mike Pollard HIN Chicago
    John Johnson HIN Chicago

Note: In addition to the listed drivers, all current Formula DRIFT Pro License holders that do not meet the minimum points for automatic renewal will be invited to this competition. Alternates and additional drivers will be added to the list pending the results of upcoming Pro Am events.

Reminder;

This event takes place in about 1 month

Comment

Can you elaborate a little more on this event. Will there be vendors? a car show? stunt riders? bands? scantily clad women walking around? or just pure drifting...

I'll go if it's "YES" the scantily clad woman walking around.........

Comment

Originally posted by OldSkool510 View Post
        Can you elaborate a little more on this event. Will there be vendors? a car show? stunt riders? bands? scantily clad women walking around? or just pure drifting...

I'll go if it's "YES" the scantily clad woman walking around.........
        we should have more details by Wednesday or earlier

Comment

This event is not to be like a regular FD event. This is us trying to take the pro-am nationals to a visible area and give these guys an opportunity to get a license. They deserve all the support we can give them. There will be various vendors and sponsors and should be a fun, relaxed event. Relaxed for everyone except drivers I imagine

Comment

I was just at the FD Rd.7 event, and there were Pro Am drivers competing. Am I understanding this correctly- there's another final round just for the Pro Am guys? If so, is it open to the public or invitation only?

Comment

Originally posted by socalwrench View Post
              I was just at the FD Rd.7 event, and there were Pro Am drivers competing. Am I understanding this correctly- there's another final round just for the Pro Am guys? If so, is it open to the public or invitation only?
              open to the public

Comment

Working...
              X