New Guy Here!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy Here!!!!

Hello everyone, my name is Dennis Howard, 19, and I am from Hazard, Kentucky. I have been in to drifting since before I even came close to being able to drive, I look at it as one of the best sports around. My first car, and my daily as of now is a 2000 V6 mustang, auto., dual flow master 40's, 18x9 chrome decorsa polaris 5 rims, eibach lowering kit, cai, gt replica carbon fiber hood, razzi body kit, leather ford racing seats, etc. I know I need to do a 5spd swap sometime if I ever plan on being able to drift good, but what else would you suggest? Get rid of heavy rims, throttle body, headers, head work, etc? Dont know many people who are in to the v6 drift scene so its hard for me to find what I need to know! Thanks for anything guys, hope to make some new friends!

Seat time.

Comment

Double on the seat time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9x3gr_YUL8
      The silver stang in this vid is a V6 actually.

Comment

Guessing that means Im about to get flamed? Figured it would happen, especially when I mention Im doing the m112 conversion on the motor. Oh well, let it commence.

Comment

How are you getting flamed?

Ditch the unnecessary exterior mods (or stop putting them on), get nice tires, suspension upgrades, and go out to local drift events. Having more parts on your car doesn't make you a better driver. Seat time does. This is what the previous posters were saying.

Good luck.

Comment

My bad fellas I thought when he mentioned "seat time" he was referring like other boards to "taking a seat" like when someone is about to get flamed. My apologies. Yeah Ive stopped with the outside, I bought the car with the kit on it, but I bought the hood, done the exhaust, eibachs, etc. myself. Im just worried where its a v6 I need more power mods, and 5spd swap. Eventually that 1-2-D is gonna break down And thanks for the welcome

Comment

Just practice, you have a powerful platform which is a good start. Practice feinting, power overing and using your e-brake. The e-brake will be a good way to initiate because you have enough power to gain back the speed you lost.

Comment

Working...
              X