No announcement yet.

V4, V6, or V8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have nothing to say, but I am not that fond of muscle cars. But I don't know much, so all I can say is.

If you love the car, knock your self out. Although, I think there is a general air, that Japanese sports cars are more durable used cars.

Comment

it's a throw-up between that one and this 85 300zx now. i just looked again yesterday and someone has a 85 300 zx up there. it needs a compressor and heater core. i can get both of them with a 20% discount from my job. i don't know if it's a 2+2 though. they only want $500 for it. i want to get it this month, but i need money to register and insure it, si it might be a while. i can't leave it in the driveway because someone might go in it and my parents use the driveway everyday. and in NJ, the hardest part of owning a car, besides gas, is insurance.

Comment

Do you really need a 2+2? The rear seats on a typical 2+2 sports cars are not really for people, they are for lowering the insurance rates.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantian View Post
          Are you saying that you get 27 mpg even when you are revving up to the redline?

actually it drops to about 23mpg when i'm drifting, because of the constant high throttle. My 27mpg average is just my mid between city and highway driving, on a regular drift free tank fill basis.

Comment

Wow, that is really impressive, I have never heard of anyone achieve double digit fuel mileage while revving up to the redline. I actually want your car.

Comment

it really doesn't matter to me. 2+2, car+4wheels, as long as i can learn how to drift in it. i'm tired of catching the bus. 27 years of this sh*t! want a car i can drift and drive, legally! don't want to drive around with no insurance anymore. they call the kids that drift around everywhere in japan Rice Boys. guess i'm gonna be like then when i get a car. probablly gonna be the only car i buy my entire life, whenever that is.

Comment

Wait, you don't drive regularly? and what do you mean, drive with no insurance?

Comment

nope. i had to get rid of my old civic. i was gonna use it to get around in, but my parents made me get rid of it so they could get a car. i didn't know that you couldn't drift a civic, so i came on here trying to get an idea of what to try and get. i rent cars if i really want to go drive, and i burned my bank account doing that. i'm on square one now with the bank and i'm STILL behind on all my bills. and every car i ever owned i drove with no insurance and got in trouble with the law around here. my license was suspenced a couple of months after i got it for driving with no insurance. it was gone for a year. i don't even get insurance on rental cars. i just go drive. the only car i've even almost drifter was a stock chrystler crossfire. i think it had an lsd. i drove to an empty lot off the highway up here and was doing doughnuts pretty good in it. it didn't slip in gear and the tiptronics stayed in whatever gear i was in. now, i'm trying to get as much input as i can on what i should try to get, and hopefully build. might as well try and get a car i can drift. that's all i ever try to do n e way.

Comment

You are eighteen and out of the house hold, what influence does your parents have over you anyways?

I would recommend a mid engined light, thoroughbred sports car, and start practicing "gear hovering" and braking techniques. But since this is a drifting forum, I am guessing the typical answer would be that you should go and get yourself a nice, cheap, and light front engined rear wheel drive sports car.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantian View Post
                      I would recommend a mid engined light, thoroughbred sports car, and start practicing "gear hovering" and braking techniques.
                      Have you read any of this thread? What is he gonna buy that with, Hopes and Dreams?

Comment

Originally posted by soultron View Post
                        Have you read any of this thread? What is he gonna buy that with, Hopes and Dreams?
                        Sorry, I don't know, I thought that he had a job, he is over eighteen right?

Comment

-atlantian

i'm 27 and embarassed to say i still live with my parents. went to school free, and looking for an everyday car i can drift. no ASE certifications yet because i need a car to get to the testing sites where i live. i have a job at advance auto parts and used to work for aamco. if i get some ASE certifications, i mught find a half-way decent job. dealerships hire people with ASE certifictions. i think it's a law here in NJ now, but you can work at any private shop if they want to take that chance. aamco was a provate shop. the owner never gave me a chance to prove myself, so i found another job. i don't get to work on cars at advance auto parts. i wanted to stay in the automotive field. that's where it's at now. it's a lame story, but it's my life.

Comment

Wow, now that's a catch 22.

Edit:Actually, not really, you can use a bike or public transport to get to the testing centers. And a few thousand can get you a car.
                            Last edited by ; 06-20-2008, 10:02 PM.

Comment

i work at night though. if the test day is on a night i work, there's no way i can get there on time. and the testing centers in my state aren't anywhere near where i live. last year, the written test was at a college nearby. if they use that as a testing center again, i might be able to go if i don't have to work. in jersey, the bus doesn't go everywhere in the state. south jersey, the buses run different from north jersey. they run more often up here and to more places. south jersey, the buses run slower and there aren't that many you can catch from up here to there. and if you do find one that get's you there, you won't be where you have to go ontime. most of the time, i have to catch a train and a cab when i go to south jersey. it's nothing like the city up here. camden county uses the philly SEPTA buses to PA and all around camden. it would be easier if i had a car and i would be killing a bunch of birds with one stone in my situation.

Comment

Do you have some "emergency money" somewhere?

Call: 1-800-503-4477

crazy 88 car loans. 88 dollars down payment, 88 dollars per month payment

Comment

Working...
                                X