No announcement yet.

-Touge Drifto-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ +1 this guy has been being a jackass on the drift central forums ever since he got laughed off of here.

Comment

Whow... "jackass"? that's a little harsh...
      well, anyways, how about i rephrase the question?
      \|/ \|/
      What do you drive, and how do you drive?
      do you like ff's, fr's, mr's, f4, or m4's?
      just anything about touge in general

and, okay, if you ment roadracing as in track racing
      then yes i have never tracked before(actually once just last week)
      well, just putting it out there, you gotta admit, rally and autox is more exciting then F1... or nascar, which by the way, is a total joke!
      Last edited by ; 12-14-2007, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Let me guess, you learned alot of what you know about drifting by watching Initial D.

What I don't understand is why you keep seperating Rally and Autocross from "track racing".

I'll just say this. Real drivers don't street race. It's dangerous, it's stupid, it's illegal and it's bad for the sport. If you want to prove your "techniques" that you perfected over the course of a summer, then take it to a real track where the rules are clear and the playing field is even. If you don't want to race on a track because it's "too boring", then you're not in it for the driving, you're in it for the adrenaline rush of doing something dangerous and illegal. If that's the case, take up base jumping and leave our sport alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat View Post
          Let me guess, you learned alot of what you know about drifting by watching Initial D.

What I don't understand is why you keep seperating Rally and Autocross from "track racing".

I'll just say this. Real drivers don't street race. It's dangerous, it's stupid, it's illegal and it's bad for the sport. If you want to prove your "techniques" that you perfected over the course of a summer, then take it to a real track where the rules are clear and the playing field is even. If you don't want to race on a track because it's "too boring", then you're not in it for the driving, you're in it for the adrenaline rush of doing something dangerous and illegal. If that's the case, take up base jumping and leave our sport alone.
          well put.. however not everyone has the cash cow or even a place to use their awesomely uber driving skills.. i believe the real reason they call "tracks" boring is because they do not have the means to go to such a place except for in a damn video game.. life suks, get a helmet lol
          comments?

Comment

Well, i would have to say. maybe it IS what i'm in the sport for, the rush of driving, but no, not for the rush of criminal activity. I just think that it's more exiting to go over uneven roads. rally, and touge is awesome, especially b-class rallys(dis-continued)

well, i did go to the track last week, the visibility was clear and the track is wide. it's nice, except, I still stand by what i said. uneven roads are harder to drive on, ergo, more challenge. the closest thing to touge is pavement rally. have you seen the pike peak competitions? it's like a sanctioned touge battle. well, it just seem so much better then going on paved over, groomed asphalt, the unexpected is what keeps you in you in your conscious.

and by the way, I DID NOT learn stuff from initial d. but the thing is, they make a great starting off point. it's actually very entertaining and it glorifies drifting. in none of the stories do they involve cops and they do go over the basics pretty well. I watched a bunch of option vids i dl'd of the internet and also borrowed mags from my friend (mostly about car tuning)... And i don't take driving classes of any kind, they are a waste of money in my opinion.

Comment

^ they would be a waste of money for you because as far as I can tell you are against really learning anything all together.

You'd probly sit there telling the instructors how they should drive even though they 1000X more experience than you do.

Can anyone in WA please Slap this kid for me, I'll give you a cookie.

Comment

For the love of mankind please never translate this thread into Japanese.

Comment

judgement

Originally posted by atlantian View Post
                  Sure, you can pull it off on the track, but how good are you on a real life road?
                  You really don't deserve to be a part of the society that shelters you - or even live around others for that matter.

You think you know who is and isn't driving on the roads the same time you are? What happens the one time a family is forced to drive in the AM, and takes that road?

I'm feeling more and more that I should stop medical school and go into law/law enforcement, to stop people from becoming victims of scum like you in the first place.
                  Remember, the fact that you're worthless doesn't reflect the value of the lives of those unfortunate enough to be around you.

Comment

HAHAHA... lil squirt. he's only 16. thats what it all comes back to.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantian View Post
                      Well, i would have to say. maybe it IS what i'm in the sport for, the rush of driving, but no, not for the rush of criminal activity. I just think that it's more exiting to go over uneven roads. rally, and touge is awesome, especially b-class rallys(dis-continued)

well, i did go to the track last week, the visibility was clear and the track is wide. it's nice, except, I still stand by what i said. uneven roads are harder to drive on, ergo, more challenge. the closest thing to touge is pavement rally. have you seen the pike peak competitions? it's like a sanctioned touge battle. well, it just seem so much better then going on paved over, groomed asphalt, the unexpected is what keeps you in you in your conscious.

and by the way, I DID NOT learn stuff from initial d. but the thing is, they make a great starting off point. it's actually very entertaining and it glorifies drifting. in none of the stories do they involve cops and they do go over the basics pretty well. I watched a bunch of option vids i dl'd of the internet and also borrowed mags from my friend (mostly about car tuning)... And i don't take driving classes of any kind, they are a waste of money in my opinion.

First, Initial D was entertaining, but it was so terribly incorrect from a techinical standpoint that it was almost laughable. If that's your starting point, then you're already off to a bad start.

Secondly, you keep seperating rally, Pikes Peak and the like from "track racing". You do realize that track racing isn't just on asphalt, right? Track racing is any kind of race in a closed off, sanctioned and legal environment. That includes WRC, Pike's Peak, CORR, Formula D, Nascar, Formula 1, Supercross, Le Mans, NHRA . . . they're all on closed tracks and therefore track racing.

If you want to say that off-road racing is more fun or more exciting than asphalt racing, fine. That's a perfectly legitimate opinion if you have enough experience with both to make a reasoned decision. However, telling us that Driving schools are a waste of money, even though you've never been to one, is just plain stupid. Drivers ed and traffic school are not the same as a performance driving school taught by professional drivers. If you're not learning anything at one of those, you're either not trying or you're not listening. Also, telling us that your nine months behind the wheel driving around on beat-to-crap country roads makes you experienced enough to tell us what real racing is or that you don't need instruction is nothing more than the prideful and oblivious ramblings of a teenage idiot that has no clue what he's talking about. Doing that will only get you or, God forbid, someone else killed. Just ask my brother's friend George . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat View Post
                        First, Initial D was entertaining, but it was so terribly incorrect from a techinical standpoint that it was almost laughable. If that's your starting point, then you're already off to a bad start.

Secondly, you keep seperating rally, Pikes Peak and the like from "track racing". You do realize that track racing isn't just on asphalt, right? Track racing is any kind of race in a closed off, sanctioned and legal environment. That includes WRC, Pike's Peak, CORR, Formula D, Nascar, Formula 1, Supercross, Le Mans, NHRA . . . they're all on closed tracks and therefore track racing.

If you want to say that off-road racing is more fun or more exciting than asphalt racing, fine. That's a perfectly legitimate opinion if you have enough experience with both to make a reasoned decision. However, telling us that Driving schools are a waste of money, even though you've never been to one, is just plain stupid. Drivers ed and traffic school are not the same as a performance driving school taught by professional drivers. If you're not learning anything at one of those, you're either not trying or you're not listening. Also, telling us that your nine months behind the wheel driving around on beat-to-crap country roads makes you experienced enough to tell us what real racing is or that you don't need instruction is nothing more than the prideful and oblivious ramblings of a teenage idiot that has no clue what he's talking about. Doing that will only get you or, God forbid, someone else killed. Just ask my brother's friend George . . .

YES! that was the Burn I was looking for thank you!

Comment

aaand cut.

Comment

wow, this guy lives like 15 minutes from my house. On top of that, the place where he lives has a long windy road with lots of places to fall off. Stay safe over there man.

I think I will be holding some classes this spring at Evergreen. I know you think schools are lame and all but, if you want to go to the track PM me.

-Good-Luck!
                            -Matt-Panic!

Comment

duuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!
                              whats up? a neighbor on this forum!!!
                              damn, everyone(besides the small group of people i drive with, and one close friend) barely knows anything about drifting... everyone else is into drag... which they go to somewhere far away... but yeah!

they think of ff3:td when inquired about drifting, can't blame them, popular movie... even my two best friends, think that drifting is just throwing away grip to slide around uncontrollably...

oh, btw, if you are chasing an fr just tail him enough to make him slide when he goes through the corner, and then just poke ur nose in where his tail was when the angle gets big enough, it locks him in the slide... then you can pass him, but even if it doesn't lock him, it will scare the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out of him...
                              Last edited by ; 12-19-2007, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Yeah that "technique" you posted sounds like something you stole from Initial D.

If you really think you're THAT good, post some videos of yourself in action I say.

And what is your "tougey" car anyway? A suzuki?
                                Last edited by ZoltecRules; 12-20-2007, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X