FORD 427 BIG BLOCK->180SX. Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORD 427 BIG BLOCK->180SX. Advice needed

hello i am going to be building a kick *Censored**Censored**Censored* car.

im purchasing a 180sx 1996 and going to be trying to put a ford 427 big block in her. the 427 is not out of the factory from ford, it is a after market build meant for a ford bronco. the builders add another 100hp from replacing the standard 427 parts. the engine will be at 550hp.

i have no clue about sh^t and i am in the process of buying this engine for 12k and the 180sx for 4k.

what parts will i need to upgrade to prevent my car from warping

any advice or criticism is greatly appreciated ps dad owns 2 tyer and mechanical shops so all sweet on new tyers and the labour hours.

budget is set at 25k, 16k has been used. leaving 9k to play with

Originally posted by rayray View Post
    hello i am going to be building a kick *Censored**Censored**Censored* car.

im purchasing a 180sx 1996 and going to be trying to put a ford 427 big block in her. the 427 is not out of the factory from ford, it is a after market build meant for a ford bronco. the builders add another 100hp from replacing the standard 427 parts. the engine will be at 550hp.

i have no clue about sh^t and i am in the process of buying this engine for 12k and the 180sx for 4k.

what parts will i need to upgrade to prevent my car from warping

any advice or criticism is greatly appreciated ps dad owns 2 tyer and mechanical shops so all sweet on new tyers and the labour hours.

budget is set at 25k, 16k has been used. leaving 9k to play with
    Unless a swap kit exist this will be a lot of work and difficult to estimate.
    Are you set on this 12k engine?

- Engine/Transmission Mounts
    - Fuel Setup
    - Wiring
    - Cooling (Fitment)
    - Custom Driveshaft / Exhaust

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen.

Comment

Let me get this straight. You're going to sink 12K into a big block and only get 550 hp out of it? Then try and shoe horn it into a car like a 180? Surely you're aware how big a big block is and what they weigh in at? For a bit more than 12K you could've got an all new 427 windsor based small block making 525 hp./515 tq. with a 30 mo./50,000 mi. warranty that would fit with out a problem. Like my uncle used to say: "given enough time and money you can make anything work". Good luck with that.......
        Last edited by killer406; 02-10-2013, 09:22 AM. Reason: kant spel....

Comment

This is prolly a joke. Don't take it that seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
            Pics or it didn't happen.
            i have no pictures because it hasnt happened, i need advice. thats why i am here.

i am wanting around 550hp engine that is aspirated and willing to spend 12k on a motor.

Comment

Originally posted by killer406 View Post
              Let me get this straight. You're going to sink 12K into a big block and only get 550 hp out of it? Then try and shoe horn it into a car like a 180? Surely you're aware how big a big block is and what they weigh in at? For a bit more than 12K you could've got an all new 427 windsor based small block making 525 hp./515 tq. with a 30 mo./50,000 mi. warranty that would fit with out a problem. Like my uncle used to say: "given enough time and money you can make anything work". Good luck with that.......
              please tell me where i can purchase this 427 windsor with that many horses, because so far i havent seen any with over 550hp that are aspirated

Comment

Pretty much a turn-key:
                http://www.jegs.com/p/Blueprint-Engi...21860/10002/-1
                Not turn-key/ more hp&tq/ shorter warranty/ less $$$$:
                http://www.jegs.com/i/Ford+Racing/39...27FFT/10002/-1
                If you're REALLY doing this, skip the big-block. As a guy who just changed from an 81 Malibu w/ an "all iron" 406 SBC to a 00 GMC Somona with the same engine, the weight dist is totally screwed in the Sonoma, versus the Malibu. You stuffing a big-block into a 180 will be WAY worse.

Comment

Where's the pics of the 16k you already spent?

Comment

Aluminum block, small block 351 based, 427 cubic inch. 600HP, 560ft.lbs. Direct from Ford Racing (you can buy below retail MSRP from us and many others).

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=12379

I tried to upload a couple pictures of one of these engines in a Mustang, one of the cars we have built for international customers. They work very well and one of those car / engine packages is currently leading their international championship with one outright event win and multiple podiums, with a relatively rookie driver.

For some reason, photo attachments won't load here right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X