Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marshun
    if youre on a budget... then u cant have a turbo :P
    If you only knew how wrong that statement was.
    the only expensive part you need is the manifold/header.
    Get a used turbo and intercooler... fab the plumbing yourself... and use a FMU for the fuel boost.

Jim

Comment

it isnt to hard and not very rare . if u knew how to weld and had some bank it could esaily become a more powerful beast

Comment

Well, here's a possible plan I may go with...

ka24de, $400
        knife edge crankshaft
        bored to 2.6L
        port and polish
        pistons, rods, head studs, rod bolts
        matched ported/polished head
        racing valves/springs
        possible JW cams
        greddy turbo kit, gonna be out before I'm done, $2200

all together, doing work with a buddy, should be less than 6k. fully built, 400+ capable, but running a modest 320-350. can't beat displacement...

and I priced an Sr swap, really expensive place, but they told me altogether with motor install, front mount, 300z fuel filter, piping, custom a/c and powersteering, $7400. talk about armed robbery, but other places are still asking around 6k...

for all that (stock sr puts 166obo to the ground) I can get a lot more, insane torque, nice displacement, street legal, and as for blowing the motor? 3 foot flames ought to be nice...

Comment

Great plan dude... GREAT plan...

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by AJ-SPEC

and I priced an Sr swap, really expensive place, but they told me altogether with motor install, front mount, 300z fuel filter, piping, custom a/c and powersteering, $7400. talk about armed robbery, but other places are still asking around 6k...

$7400us???it's that the average price for an Sr swap in the states?

Comment

Nooo, this is just one place that I went to, they have a really good rep, but they are asking way too much. No, the avg. price that I've seen around is still 6-6.5k. anyone else seen less? this is just for my area, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ-SPEC
                Nooo, this is just one place that I went to, they have a really good rep, but they are asking way too much. No, the avg. price that I've seen around is still 6-6.5k. anyone else seen less? this is just for my area, btw.
                o.k. what about the engines(sr20det), how much they go for?

Comment

around here? 2800 for redtop (obo), 3200 for s13 blacktop, 3600 for s14 blacktop, 5k for s15. these are averages for the places I've talked to. either way, bigger/better motor imo for less, and street legal.

Comment

Dream Garage will get you a full clip for super cheap. Contact me or jacob (driftaholic91)

Comment

that's all right, I think I'm gonna go with my 2.6, but that won't be until I can handle the power anyways. roadrace I've been ready, but drifting's another story... but who knows what I'll want next summer...

Comment

Turbos suck, they lag, and are over-priced.

GO with something else

Comment

JGY Customs will do this for 240SX drivers...
                          sr20det swap into 5 speed equipped 240sx, sentra, 200sx, g20.......................$1100
                          Now thats the install.. you can get an SR20DET for:

s14 sr20det motor set includes motor, tranny, harness, ecu, ignitor chip and maf. $3200
                          s13 blacktop sr20det motor set includes motor, tranny, harness, ecu, ignitor chip, silvia or sohc ka maf. these are kept in stock in our Virginia based shop. $2500
                          s13 redtop sr20det motor set includes motor, tranny, harness, ecu, ignitor chip, silvia or sohc ka maf. these are kept in stock in our Virginia based shop. $2400
                          www.jgycustoms.com
                          www.srswap.com
                          www.heavythrottle.com

I highly suggest looking at these sites.. they have lots of good info.

Comment

too bad I don't live in Virginia, huh? No emissions there either, if I heard right.

Comment

(sigh) I don't even want to start.

Comment

LoL...
                                sorry I know this thread was about KA24DE-T engines and turbo kits for KA engines... but while on the topic I brought up .. why not SR20DET? Its cheaper than most think.

JGY customs also has turbo kits.. as well as Heavy Throttle.com

Comment

Working...
                                X