New 2 Drift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2 Drift

Just picked up my 91 S13 & can't wait to get some seat time and start taring it up. anyone know of any drift days or practices spots in so cal? also what mods should i look into buy. nothing too crazy. all i can think of right now is limited slip. any ideas would be appriciated

Originally posted by S13Drift951 View Post
    Just picked up my 91 S13 & can't wait to get some seat time and start taring it up. anyone know of any drift days or practices spots in so cal? also what mods should i look into buy. nothing too crazy. all i can think of right now is limited slip. any ideas would be appriciated
    heyyy im new here to!! some of the first mods im gonna get are a lsd a new seat and maybe some coilovers!! where are u located?? im not tryin to promote anyone but 626 drift has some events and uhhh theres some others to. ill check em real quik

Comment

2-way LSD or welded diff if you're on a budget, that's the number 1 mod you can do. Good front tyres make drifting easier too but they aren't absolutely necessary.

If you're looking for ideas, lowered/stiffened suspension makes learning a little easier (you can chop standard springs if it's legal in CA and money is tight). Rack spacers should be cheap or you can make your own with some washers. A bucket seat that holds you tight will save you a lot of hassle when you're at a practise day. Stripping out weight is always useful, and free! After that it's just a question of budget, you could spend six figures on an S13 if you wanted but there's one component you can't change, the driver.

Seat time is king, as long as you're driving the car you're getting better, and spending money learning skills is way more effective than spending money buying parts. Do a few cheap mods and then practise until you know they are holding you back. Then do another mod and practise more.

Comment

yeaht hast what i was thinking. just recently left the drag scene seeing as it doesnt take alot to go straight. yeah i can't wait to get out there and start practicing. i plan on also going to bob bondourants race school for car control and eventually japan to see where it all started. one day

Comment

Working...
        X