TANNER FOUST Hosts ESPN2's "Import Racers" Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TANNER FOUST Hosts ESPN2's "Import Racers" Series

Modern hot rods are no longer just hulking V8-powered American muscle cars. A new generation of automotive enthusiasts gets its adrenaline rush from vehicles that may have less sheet metal but offer an unlimited canvas for customization - import sport compact cars, or "tuner cars." ESPN2 will take viewers deep into this action-packed world in 2007 when it airs 13-part series Import Racers.

Featuring small engines with potent performance potential, tuner cars haven't just created an entirely new category within the auto industry. They are responsible for a unique culture that spawns trends for music, fashion, art, even forms of competition. It is a culture that series host Tanner Foust understands well. As one of the nation’s top competitors in Drift Racing, Rally Racing, Time Attack Racing, and the X-Games, Foust won't just report from the sidelines. He’ll take you into the heat of competition like only an actual competitor can!

Each 30-minute episode of Import Racers will introduce viewers to a unique experience from the world of tuner car culture. In one episode Foust will be competing against drift superstar Samuel Hubinette and in the next he’ll steal Samuel’s girlfriend away to give her some one on one drift lessons. Import Racers' intrepid host gets behind the wheel of just about anything including a rally car in the 2006 X Games. We’ll go behind the scenes to see what it takes to put together a rally effort with Foust’s teammates Travis Pastrana, Colin McRae, and Ken Block. In another episode, Kara Macenzie, model extraordinaire, will “drag” Tanner around the Carlisle Auto Show to give him a tour the right way.

For anyone who has ever dreamed of getting maximum performance thrills out of their everyday wheels or putting pedal to import metal on a drag strip, Import Racers is the ideal weekly pit stop starting February 5th at 5pm EST on ESPN2.

About ESPN Original Entertainment

Launched in 2001, ESPN Original Entertainment (EOE) is ESPN's award-winning original programming banner. The EOE brand spans ESPN's sports-themed original movies, scripted and unscripted dramatic series, daily talk and debate series, documentaries, game shows, and such groundbreaking televised events as the X Games, Winter X Games, and The ESPY Awards. EOE's daily lifestyle and entertainment-themed series are also the cornerstone of ESPN2's new programming lineup, featuring the flagship shows ESPN Hollywood, Quite Frankly, and Cold Pizza. With over 100 new scripted and unscripted projects in development, EOE continues to plant itself firmly on the cutting edge of sports and entertainment television and event creation. Serving both the passionate sports fan and the more casual viewer, EOE strives to expand ESPN's already industry-leading offerings in live events and sports news & information programming.

About WATV Productions

WATV Productions is television's premier producer of award-winning vehicle enthusiast programming. Since its founding in 1992, the Los Angeles-based company has produced over 700 television episodes on almost every type of vehicle-related theme for major cable channels.

5 pm today? I'm gonna watch it, sounds good.

Comment

I hope Tanner has time for Drifting amongst his rally / TV appearances...

From what i've heard, he may not

Comment

When we interviewed Tanner it was the beginning of the season last year (just after Atlanta) and he was already filming for this show. I'm sure he'll still have time behind the wheel.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/BattleGarageBroadcast

It's at the bottom of the page, show #1.

Glad to see Tanner is not slowing down, he's smart, a cool guy and is pretty funny. In other words, If I were a chick, i'd hit it. But i'm not so i'll just admire his skills.

Comment

I really enjoyed the show, they had some good footage and since they had people like Tanner that knew what the whole scene was about than it came out really well. No real complaints, all in all a good show.

Comment

Glad you liked it. It's always a bit tricky filming at events that have a TV / DVD exlusivity deal, they don't want you to "give away" anything about the competition. Today's show is about rally racing (i think?) and later in the week is a show from behind the scenes at XGames.

Slapshot, I hope that's not true. I think I'll be making time to drift until I'm 75 running with bifocals and a diaper!

Comment

Originally posted by tanner foust View Post
              Glad you liked it. It's always a bit tricky filming at events that have a TV / DVD exlusivity deal, they don't want you to "give away" anything about the competition. Today's show is about rally racing (i think?) and later in the week is a show from behind the scenes at XGames.

Slapshot, I hope that's not true. I think I'll be making time to drift until I'm 75 running with bifocals and a diaper!
              Trust me, I want to see you behind the wheel of a drift car just as much as anyone else!!

I had just heard from a source or two that you had 2 or 3 major commitments in the Rally arena, and that they might conflict with the FD schedule. last night, I double checked a few schedules (after I posted)and there's less overlap between the Rally and FD schedule than I had originally thought. Look forward to seeing "foxy" in the mellow yellow AEM 350

Comment

See this is exactly why the drifting / tuner community is so different than any other motorosport community, the people who are the drivers are fans just as well and appreciate input from others and just want to make the fans happy.

Comment

Tanner has done a great job on redline and this show is a bit better than redline even though it feels like its being dumbed down a little bit for the general audience...hopefully the show will catch on and get ppl into drifting b4 the season starts and they help boost the ratings

Comment

Working...
                  X