good automatic drift cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good automatic drift cars

I'm looking for some suggestions on beginner drift cars that are automatic. I can only find manual cars, but i can't drive a stick. I can only have one car where I live, so I also need it to be able to drive down the road.

Man up

you need stick shift to drift.... learn to drive then learn to drift.

Comment

While I can't agree that you "need" a manual transmission to drift, it does make it a whole lot easier and more controllable.

Buy a car with a manual transmission, ask your pops or a friend to teach you how to drive it. Go to an event and have one of the other drivers teach you how to drift it.

Problem solved.

-Dave

Comment

Agreed. Learning how to drive a stick will seriously only take like an hour. Once you get used to it, it's really hard to go back too.

Comment

stick isn't even hard

Comment

my brother taught me how to drive stick when i was in the 5th grade.

Comment

you cant clutch kick with no clutch. =)

learn to drive then learn to drift. not to be a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* but if you dont youll probably die or lose your car. haha to be honest you should have a pretty decent know-how when it comes to working on cars and driving before even trying to drift the amount of maintnance and technique that comes with it will blow your mind. in a year when you see that you see this post you will look back and laugh =)

Comment

I've drifted with a automatic trany before with no proplem. A Chevy tracker at that, on wet or dry, pretty easy.

Comment

Originally posted by cheesy586 View Post
                  I've drifted with a automatic trany before with no proplem. A Chevy tracker at that, on wet or dry, pretty easy.
                  Wow an auto chevy tracker? You're hardcore to the MAX!

Comment

I learned to drift with an auto also, and 70hp hahaha but I swapped in a 5-speed the next year. Just get a manual, autos are crap anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
                      I learned to drift with an auto also, and 70hp hahaha but I swapped in a 5-speed the next year. Just get a manual, autos are crap anyways.
                      Not completely true, but I'll give you a 70% so you pass the class, LOL!

Comment

Chevy Tracker isnt a weak car, not best a handling but its respectful. It had a V6 H27A suzuki H engine, which is pushing rougly around 200 hp with ram air and E3 spark plugs. It has enough tourque to push it into a drift with electronic O/D trans and it has no traction control.

Plus if I'm drifting a car like that, I'll be a beast when I get my mustang runing.

Comment

^^^ good point in the sense of learning the hardway so normal is easy. sort of like learning wide donuts with an open diff so when you weld it or get lsd they are as easy as getting rosie o' donald to eat cake.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteRx7 View Post
                            ^^^ good point in the sense of learning the hardway so normal is easy. sort of like learning wide donuts with an open diff so when you weld it or get lsd they are as easy as getting rosie o' donald to eat cake.
                            Cake? I thought Rosie only ate pie.

Comment

The question here is not whether which automatic car can drift. Is why make life so difficult. Picture this. so what if u can drift a auto car? then what?? join D1 or Formula drift with your auto car. alot of disadvantages... only can handbrake / power over... alot of performance parts not available... cun mod drivetrain and stuff. Clutch Kick is the best initiating method by far and commands respect from judges.

CHeers

Comment

Working...
                              X