$415

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $415

what would you goes do if you had a bone stock SR20DET and you had $415??? im aiming for touge (just the engine and performance)

Do you have suspension done at all yet?

Comment

General tuneup or repair stuff...I'm sure there's something that needs replacing. Otherwise I'd put it in the bank and wait till I could buy something worth having.

Comment

New oilpan...some come dented,you don't want that.Also since the car is a turbo,you want that car to breathe well,time to work on the whole exhaust system,not just a muffler.$415 won't cut it though.

Comment

cant get much w/ that much. Maybe a steering wheel?

Comment

save it

Comment

Let me borrow it. jk Just save up for future upgrades on the car. or let me borrow it. Either way its a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Raziel
                cant get much w/ that much. Maybe a steering wheel?
                lol a steering wheel cost 400 bucks?

Comment

Falken Azenis Tires.

Comment

save it or some suspension tunning...

Comment

either pend it on the suspension,tires, pipe for the exhaust, put it in the bank and save up for like an intercooler o sumthin?

Comment

buy some stock...

Comment

Originally posted by chuaboi36
                          lol a steering wheel cost 400 bucks?
                          Ofcourse you would have money left over. He didnt say it had to be exactly 400 bucks.

Comment

Guys can you do me a favor, when starting threads try to use a more specific title a good example would be "400 dollars in a stock sr 20, what would you do?" or something, it helps guys when they are searching for threads.

Comment

How about some Faken Azenis?

Or better yet, a helmet and harness - you'll need them if you're going to drive touge.

The stock SR20 will give you plenty of power. Touge (and performance in general) is all about power to weight ration and with $400 you could do a huge amount of weight reduction and still have $400.

If you really want to spend money I'd suggest strut tower bars, a cheap set of coilovers (which can be had for $100 on Ebay or www.meganracing.com), and camber plates.

If you really want to spend money on engine performance, buy an exhaust that increases torque. There are a lot of kits out there that will give you +10 hp at 6k rpm but have your torque fizzle out in the 2-3k range, which is vital for hills.

A high flow filter will cost you about $20 at autozone and will most likely fit the stock pipe, or you can get an intake for $100-$150. ABS plastic is preffered over aluminum since ally will transfer heat very easily. A cold air box will also keep the intake charge cool for it's compression.

If you can find a used intercooler for that much, that will also benefit you, buy probably not as much as an intake or exhaust.

If you've never built a touge car you'll quickly find that safety, reliability, weight and suspension are all vastly more important than power.

Good luck in your project and I hope this helps.

-MR

Comment

Working...
                              X