ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know how to make "Boro fender flares"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know how to make "Boro fender flares"?

werd, i wanna make some fender flares for my car...note the word MAKE...so i'ma tryin to figure out ways, the only way i can think of is sheet metal, but thats not a route i wanna take...what other materials are used? and has anybody here made, or fabricated your own? if so how?

Re: Anybody know how to make "Boro fender flares"?

Originally posted by Nemesis
    werd, i wanna make some fender flares for my car...note the word MAKE...so i'ma tryin to figure out ways, the only way i can think of is sheet metal, but thats not a route i wanna take...what other materials are used? and has anybody here made, or fabricated your own? if so how?
    fiberglass, carbon fiber, paper mache.. do a google search or find some old hotrod website where they maks everything out of glass.

Comment

paper mache sounds it should work...lol

now seirously....anything else?

Comment

I'd say glass 'em. If you could find a way to fabricate a thin would piece that followed the fender line, and then glass over it and glass the bevel and all, sand the fiberglass down and paint it up, should do ya' fine. and to be honest, with any glass experiance at all under your belt, i'd think it'd be pretty easy, just alot of time.

Comment

oops. a thin WOOD piece.

i'll try and make an illustration, i'm bad at this though, so bear with me.

Comment

whoa nice golf carts drifting lol xD

Comment

These are made from garden siding.

Comment

Whoa ghettoness... and i thought you could only make lips with that stuff. Yay for Home Depot

Comment

u can go out and buy some, rather than taping or gluing or drilling something in.

Comment

Drilling and riviting....i've had experience with body modificaitons but haven't found nice fender flares @ a decent price for the miata...the garden rail thingie is interesting though....

Comment

Garden devider fender flares look great, nice job.

I would say make plugs out of sheet metal to make fiberglass ones.

Comment

very creative, and could be a good way to mock up some molds for friberglass versions

Comment

uhm...i think its looks horid ...the garden stuph...its not even "flared" its just added on its supposed to be a replacement for the stock fender "flare" but to each thier own. trying making it outa carbon fiber. u can get kits now to make your own stuph...just lay it in ( after making your own mold that is )

Comment

some of the bozoku style flares are made out of arched metal, they make some crazy huge flares. i saw an s13 with about -30 offset, and some gigantic home made flares covering them.

Comment

hahaha way to delete your post and post it again. I do that too, its a creative bump.

Comment

Working...
                              X