No announcement yet.

My SR20 Datsun 510 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it looks really good, keep us updated, i love watching projects get built!

Comment

Cool, looks great so far

Comment

thats great man, looks like you are spending time on it, thats really cool

Comment

bling?

Comment

Looking good, any updates?
            Boost Up

Comment

suspension should be here this week.

Comment

finally an update right?

well its been sitting like this since i got the car back from paint. I sent my control arms off to heim joint/make them adjustable. Well 3 months later and having to threaten the guy to get my arms back, i finally got them over to Gabe at T3, and should FINALLY be back to me tomorrow-wed. Then by the end of the week hopefully my 11mm front control arm ball joints (i got the last pair left that NAPA sells) so I can get my front suspension back in.

Today I finished up the front coilovers. Completely took them apart and sanded/painted everything that visible. Front coilovers consist of:

280zx front strut tubes
                SW20 MR2 KYB AGX struts
                Ground control weld on coilover sleeves
                T3 roller bearing top hat
                T3 camber plates
                280zx Cross drilled/slotted rotora rotors
                porterfield R4S pads

I also disassembled the rear drums to get them ready for my disc conversion. Have 10.125" cross drilled/slotted rear 280zx rotors and 200sx calipers for it. This week sometime I am going to slot the cross member, finish sand blasting it and then paint so I can get it ready to put back in.

Motor (sr20det) is almost prepped to go in. just needs a final rinse and paint

I really hope by Dec 1 to have this thing rolling, and maybe even have the motor in it.

Comment

plus the car is a c16 garage car

Comment

bling

Comment

I'm jealous

lucky bastard haha

Comment

its doable, they are out there, though it took me 2 years to find a FL 510.

Comment

yeha i love 510's and they are a pain to find in FL for sum reason

Comment

Hey thats awsome!! im in the middle of doing the same thing. i just stripped off 100lbs of bondo i just bought the SR and dont really have $ for a mount kit. im sure you fab'd your mounts, do you have any pix?

thanks

-chucho

Comment

you dont need a mount kit. you bend the center link forward the same amount (basically flip it), cut and reverse the subframe and then use stock 510 mounts on sr brackets. Tranny mount/bracket is the only custom thing, costing around $175.

got some stuff done today. For the 1st time since Ive owned the car, it rolls correctly on the front suspension.

entire front suspension is in. all brand new ball joints, all new mounting hardware, 280z front rotora slotted/drilled front brakes, everything adjustable. everything cleaned/sanded/painted. everything T3

im still unsure of these fender flares. keep in mind these are not the wheels ill be running, but 2" wider and a lot deeper offset. the main problem with running the flares is the fact I am going to have to cut up my freshly painted car, and then will be irreversable. so I am going to sit on the idea until the car is DONE.

Next week I am going to sand the whole underside of the car, primer and undercoat it. Then sand blast 1 control arm, finish sand blasting the rear subframe, slot the rear subframe, paint and then re install. The motor WILL be in by mid jan at the latest.

subframe flipped, drag link bent, ready for SR

Comment

flares on the front

Comment

Working...
                                X