This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote " Drifting is *Censored**Censored**Censored*!"

This guy seems to be pretty pissed about touge and drifting. I stummbled upon this earlier today

ATTENTION: DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME
    by Jon Lauer

Please read this and consider the consequences. I dont care how old you are or how long you have been driving, this is *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored*. All of you mother*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ers riding around anywhere in America with your Civic, MR2, Miata, RX7, Supra, or 240SX doing these mountain touges need put in jail and your car burned to a crisp in front of your own eyes. This *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* hits me hard because I have friends who have lost their cars on these touges, I have friends who feel that these midnight touges are harmless and continue to partake in them, but more important to me, I wiped out going about 60miles per hour a few years back on a back road. I was just in a hurry to work, not racing at all. However, I carry the same weight on my shoulders as anyone purposely racing would have. I wiped out, hit an embankment, and slid the car on its side for about 40ft doing 45mph before i tipped back over and realized that I was alive. Would another car have been coming the other way.. I'm certain that I not only would have hit it, but I would have died. All of you Japanese-culture-loving dumb*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*s think this *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* is cool? Have you ever had your life left up to luck or fate? Probably not. If you would have, you wouldn't be doing this. Do me a favor and just drive your car off a cliff with you in it so I don't have to worry about you running into me on my home from work at midnite. You are all sick bastards with no love for life or others. If you feel that you control your own destiny and actions.. you don't. You don't control someone else driving on that road. You can't pull that line in court. Your *Censored**Censored**Censored* will be in jail for either vehicular homicide or murder. I'd hope you get murder.. all of you assholes. You are not an Inital D character.. you are retarded. Touge is *Censored**Censored**Censored*, drifting is *Censored**Censored**Censored*, and you are *Censored**Censored**Censored* too. Remember hearing the line when you were little "just because they do it on TV, that doesn't mean you should", same deal here. Just because WonTon Johnny drifts his junkass AE86 around a bend on Anime and popcorn nite doesn't mean you have to be out there in your stock 240SX pulling the stunts to be "just like WonTon Johnny." Guess what.. NO ONE CARES IF YOU ARE ON THE MOUNTAIN TOUGE. Well maybe your family and friends at your funeral. And the kids who got you to go with them that nite. And maybe the coroner who had to tag another "damn kid".

Think about it. If you still do it.. I hope you die. Thanks assholes.

who is this guy?

Comment

i can't help it if i love drifting. but it's true what he is trying to get at. drifting should be kept off the streets and done at a closed circut or controled enviroment. but how much people does have access to a track? i know i dont.here in maui we got scca, but its not drifting. and the tracks down here kind of sucks. and the cloesest track that is open to drifting is in oahu at drift session. it would cost too much money to send my car and me self there once on month so i can drift with the worry of hurting others.

Comment

This thread should be deleted.Drifting.com brings too much traffic from major corporations and law enforcement,no one needs the heat that this thread can/will bring,not only to this site,but to everyone else as well.

Comment

No do NOT delete this thread. This kind of false reporting has to end and this is the beginning of that end.

I want to make a few things clear about this. And this needs to be made a sticky as well. I am upset about this and I do not want this to go any farther. Lets look at this story and break down the obvious falsifications of this.

1. This guy is blaming he friends accidents on a sport. That is like blaming rednecks getting drunk and wrapping themselves around tree's on nascar. His friends don't seem to have a problem with this so why does he? Is he the champion of the common man? No I just think he is a Honda person who is a little upset that the new sport of choice makes his car obsolete and all the money he put out is for nought.

2. If you read the story, HE seems to be the only one dagerous on the mountain on the night in question. Let's recap:

but more important to me, I wiped out going about 60miles per hour a few years back on a back road. I was just in a hurry to work, not racing at all. However, I carry the same weight on my shoulders as anyone purposely racing would have. I wiped out, hit an embankment, and slid the car on its side for about 40ft doing 45mph before i tipped back over and realized that I was alive. Would another car have been coming the other way.. I'm certain that I not only would have hit it, but I would have died. All of you Japanese-culture-loving dumb*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*s think this *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* is cool?

Looks to me like HE was the one in a hurry to work and had some law abiding citizen come down that road, they would be dead because of HIS stupidity. Even if a Drifter or Touge racer came down that mountain, HE was in the wrong. So how can you blame that on Touge? You really can't, he is just Autistic.

So once again, Drifting and Touge'ing has been blamed for something it A did not cause, B did not have anything to do with and C someone messing up their car because THEY cannot seem to drive.

So I think that I have found this poor fellow on the World Wide Web and I intened to give him a piece of my mind. People like him should not even be ON the Touge. Doesn't Touge mean Dangerous Mountain Pass? Well unless this guy lives in one valley and works in another, what was he doing late for work at midnight and driving over a mountain to get there for? Sounds like BS to me and I think it's a cheap attack on the sport that everyone here loves.

Jon Lauer wrote that article for "theTuners.net" Jon Lauer is a Honda guy who now does editorials for JDMCIVIC.com. He seems to have no love for any Nissans but oh how he love's JDM. So since Nissans and Drifting is taking over his sport by storm, he feels that he can blame all of his woes on our sport. Well Jon Lauer.

LEARN TO DRIVE YOUR CAR!!!!!!!! If you knew how to drive other than a straight line, you probably wouldn't have overcooked it into that corner and put yours and everyone elses life (Who COULD have been on that road) in danger. Oh and don't blame it on fate, YOU put yourself into that position, you and only YOU by driving too fast and furious for your own good, fate just took over after you botched it.
          Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 05-01-2004, 07:34 PM.

Comment

You know it's cheap bs for sure.Problem is,these guys always,I mean always find themeselves in the magazines and media spotlight.These are the type of guys that certain media outlets crave for,along with officiers who have a fubared agenda.I know you want to voice your opinion,I just hate the idea of people actually recognizing this idiots voice,I don't want this guy to be voicing things like this period.Considering this sites traffic(in the millions),he'll definitly be seen and heard,also by all the wrong people as well.

Comment

K this is what I wrote to him.

To Jon Lauer
              I stumbled across an article that I believe was written by you about the Touge. I will post it here to refresh.

ATTENTION: DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME
              by Jon Lauer
              I was linked to this page for a California based newspaper with this article concerning touge racing in California.

SGV Tribune article concerning touge activity in California
              Please read this and consider the consequences. I dont care how old you are or how long you have been driving, this is *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored*. All of you mother*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ers riding around anywhere in America with your Civic, MR2, Miata, RX7, Supra, or 240SX doing these mountain touges need put in jail and your car burned to a crisp in front of your own eyes. This *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* hits me hard because I have friends who have lost their cars on these touges, I have friends who feel that these midnight touges are harmless and continue to partake in them, but more important to me, I wiped out going about 60miles per hour a few years back on a back road. I was just in a hurry to work, not racing at all. However, I carry the same weight on my shoulders as anyone purposely racing would have. I wiped out, hit an embankment, and slid the car on its side for about 40ft doing 45mph before i tipped back over and realized that I was alive. Would another car have been coming the other way.. I'm certain that I not only would have hit it, but I would have died. All of you Japanese-culture-loving dumb*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*s think this *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* is cool? Have you ever had your life left up to luck or fate? Probably not. If you would have, you wouldn't be doing this. Do me a favor and just drive your car off a cliff with you in it so I don't have to worry about you running into me on my home from work at midnite. You are all sick bastards with no love for life or others. If you feel that you control your own destiny and actions.. you don't. You don't control someone else driving on that road. You can't pull that line in court. Your *Censored**Censored**Censored* will be in jail for either vehicular homicide or murder. I'd hope you get murder.. all of you assholes. You are not an Inital D character.. you are retarded. Touge is *Censored**Censored**Censored*, drifting is *Censored**Censored**Censored*, and you are *Censored**Censored**Censored* too. Remember hearing the line when you were little "just because they do it on TV, that doesn't mean you should", same deal here. Just because WonTon Johnny drifts his junkass AE86 around a bend on Anime and popcorn nite doesn't mean you have to be out there in your stock 240SX pulling the stunts to be "just like WonTon Johnny." Guess what.. NO ONE CARES IF YOU ARE ON THE MOUNTAIN TOUGE. Well maybe your family and friends at your funeral. And the kids who got you to go with them that nite. And maybe the coroner who had to tag another "damn kid".

Think about it. If you still do it.. I hope you die. Thanks assholes.

Interesting concept to blame all of your friends woes and you own inability to drive on Touge runners and Drifters. In your article you blame the Touge for your friends wrecking their cars. How can you blame the Touge for that? You need to be blaming your friends for that little set of stunts. They are the ones up there running the moutains, not the other way around.

Also you blame the Touge runners and Drifters for your wreck on the mountain. Well since you can't seem to drive other than in a straight line and you overcooked a corner in the dead of night on the way to work, you want to use the "What if a Touge runner was coming around that corner, i'd be dead scenario" Well luckily a Touge runner WASN'T coming around that corner or YOU would have killed HIM!. Dumbass, if you can't control your car, don't speed. YOU are the one who wrecked so how is that the fault of a Drifter? Unless you are Autistic, it isn't.

Finally you asked the question, "Who really cares if you are on the mountain or not?" Well the answer is quite painfully obvious. You do. Why you cared enough to send your halfass best out in a letter on a website telling us all that we should drive off a cliff or get murder. Well I believe if you would have hit someone that lone night on screw-up mountain, you would have gotten murder there A.J. Foyt-less.

If you don't like Nissans and what-not, that's ok. but to put a letter out there that just blatently bashes one sport because you can't do it, is just plain childish and ignorant. I see that you write editorials for this site. This is JDMcivic.com, doesn't that make you one of those "Japanese culture loving dumb*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*s" that you so quaintly bashed in your article? I would have expected better from someone who writes for a website. Your articles are just plain moronic and pack no grounding in reality. If you want to run your JDM Civic or whatever you drive, great. Do it in a straight line and stay off the mountain before YOU kill someone.

If this is not the same Jon Lauer that wrote this article, then my apologies go out to you, if it is, then go back to school and learn journalism from someone other than the Bubba Gump school of writing.

Comment

in regards to ghost of deluth's letter to the touge hater:

BURN!

Comment

ghost has a problem with autistic people

but I like your reply, touge racers (for the most part excluding guys in thier JDMcivcs) possess better driving skills than the average driver. so when he " wiped out going about 60miles per hour a few years back on a back road." he should have prayed that if anyone were comming the other way... it would be a touge racer because they would have the greatest chance of avoiding him.

anyway, keep it on the track, blah blah blah, and just because Mr. Jon Lauer couldn't figure out how to drive, doesn't mean you shouldn't.

Comment

lol what a cry baby kinda reminds me of how people do stupid stuff then try to sue someone like blaming it on something they saw on tv... cept this guy just cant drive and blames drifters for being a danger...

Comment

I've been wanting to use this image for a long time.
                      Last edited by Misthael; 05-01-2004, 09:39 PM.

Comment

lol

Comment

Ghost is exactly right on everything he said. and i am waiting to see what he replies to your statements with.

Comment

im scared..that why i drive my civic in straight line...lol

Comment

Let me get this straight?

the first thing... Why is there anything wrong with our "stock 240sx" got news for you buddy, you obviously dont like nissan, but a stock 240sx is a fine drift machine and mountain carver. Unlike some brands, you dont have to spend several grand just to make them more competitively then grandma's Grand Am.

second thing. We are suposed to beleive moutain racing and drifting is bad because YOU a non moutain racer or drifter, had an accident while speeding on a moutain road?

I saw a school bus on fire once, that doesnt mean school age children are dangerous and wreckless.

You know i bumped into a guy's rear bumper once in traffic, (wasnt paying attention, he took off, i let up off the brake, glanced away, he stopped, bump) so That proves that Formula 1 driving is dangerous and the drivers are horrible, i hope they die!

sound pretty rediculous doesnt it?

Comment

Working...
                              X