ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMALL BLOCK CHEVY 240SX BUILD (400 Cubic Inch/Carbed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all!

What is the most "iconic" place you have ever visited?

Comment

• i love this the car is going to be sick i can't wait to see it done.
      i wonder how much you spent on it so far...

Comment

• First time to the track with the car, no diff and I didnt want to break parts so I was running higher tire pressure and leaving soft. It will go 7.20s or so when I get it dialed in (low 11s/high 10s in the quarter mile)

http://www.floridaracing.org/V8S13/240.mov

Comment

• So, you're actually going to drift this car? I keep thinking about the fuel sloshing around in the float bowls. Let me know if you run into any problems.

Comment

• ^ ryan hampton's 69 camaro used a carb and didnt seem to have any problems with it

Comment

• I'm going to be using a 600CFM Edelbrock carb on my build. Stadium and other off road trucks use carb.s and see more sloshing than a drift car will.

Comment

• I didn't realize Hampton stayed with a carb. Just had some concerns- that's all.

I do remember some offroad vehicles having issues with floats spilling over. Maybe it depends on how the floats are hung.

Glad to hear it works Banner.
                Last edited by socalwrench; 11-24-2009, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalwrench View Post
                  I do remember some offroad vehicles having issues with floats spilling over. Maybe it depends on how the floats are hung.

Glad to hear it works Banner.
                  I haven't built it yet. Just got the chassis Sunday. I'll have the engine by just after Christmas.

The engine is a Target Master 350 C.I. that's .040" over and has around 20,000 miles on it. It's also got Z28 valve springs and a hotter cam than an R.V. I think I'll hit 350HP with ease.

Comment

• Yeah, I was able to get 400hp out of the last 350ci I built using Vortec heads and a decent cam. You can contact me further if you need any help. The best part was how little it cost.

Comment

• car will be fuel injected in about 3 more weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalwrench View Post
                        So, you're actually going to drift this car? I keep thinking about the fuel sloshing around in the float bowls. Let me know if you run into any problems.
                        I've been running a 750 Holley for two years now on my Malibu with no trouble.

Comment

• http://www.holleytv.com/video/12932

Comment

• FAST EZ EFI, new fuel system and new mallory ignition - going to finish it up Monday -

Comment

• first post 8/11 2008.....

latest post 2/4 2010...

perhaps by 2014 this will be a running driving car

hi Mark!

Comment

• Originally posted by markshatchi86 View Post
                                FAST EZ EFI, new fuel system and new mallory ignition - going to finish it up Monday -
                                Those Hookers look kinda familliar... Are they Impala SS LT1 headers? Also, let us know how that EFI works, will you? I have a buddy who's REALLY interested in putting one of those systems on his car. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X